Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,654 times)

SiL

SiL

I love these conversations.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm going to abstain from todays sex related argument.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2014, 09:37:13 PM
Quote from: BANE on Apr 15, 2014, 09:33:51 PM
It happens.  :-\
Not to such a degree that the default position is "well, you never know when them chicks are lying" ::)

Depends on who you ask. A study done in 1994 by Professor Kanin of Purdue University found that they can be as high as 41%. Truth is, there's no valid way of knowing how high or low they actually are because there's no objective way of measuring someone's mentality when a sexual act happens and what they're thinking before, during, and after it happens.

My personal guess is that they're somewhere between 8% and 40%. I don't think either number is wholly accurate. But the fact that they happen at all is disturbing. Lying about rape delegitimatizes actual victims.

Quote from: BANE on Apr 15, 2014, 08:49:16 PM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Apr 15, 2014, 08:30:53 PM
You couldn't live with being murdered either.
Exactly. It's over.

Which is why rape is worse.

No, because a person can recover from rape and move forward with his or her life, like I mentioned earlier. If you're dead, that not only affects you, but anyone who depends on who you to survive.

Aspie

Aspie

lol

what

da

fook

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2014, 11:23:21 PM
If you're dead, that not only affects you, but anyone who depends on who you to survive.
Unless it breaks you mentally and you are no longer able to help on those who depend on you.

There are far worse things than dying.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2014, 11:33:55 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2014, 11:23:21 PM
If you're dead, that not only affects you, but anyone who depends on who you to survive.
Unless it breaks you mentally and you are no longer able to help on those who depend on you.

There are far worse things than dying.

Yes, of course there are exceptions. Not everyone can handle the mental stress. I should've mentioned that.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 15, 2014, 09:24:25 PM
Quote from: Topazora on Apr 15, 2014, 05:07:24 PM
I don't think civilians should be allowed to carry out justice, as that can get out of hand- and not all cases of rape are actually rape (never know when the chick is lying).
http://37.media.tumblr.com/b641ee6d3ed43bc6e2c4dd7a65079f07/tumblr_mypfjqEJnn1rac79to1_250.gif

way to miss the point, I'm merely saying that its a bad idea allow civilians carry out justice on an accused person.  Especially when what usually happens is the accused ends up dying or being damaged for life- and what if they were innocent?  Rape doesn't call for death, just being put into the prison and never seeing the light of day again.  And have that sentenced carried out by a judicial system that has the resources to investigate the legitimacy of the crime.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Put dat foot down Topa!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 16, 2014, 12:35:51 AM
I don't think civilians should be allowed to carry out justice, as that can get out of hand- and not all cases of rape are actually rape (never know when the chick is lying).
http://37.media.tumblr.com/b641ee6d3ed43bc6e2c4dd7a65079f07/tumblr_mypfjqEJnn1rac79to1_250.gif

way to miss the point, I'm merely saying that its a bad idea allow civilians carry out justice on an accused person.  Especially when what usually happens is the accused ends up dying or being damaged for life- and what if they were innocent?  Rape doesn't call for death, just being put into the prison and never seeing the light of day again.  And have that sentenced carried out by a judicial system that has the resources to investigate the legitimacy of the crime.

Common sense isn't something ideologues are familiar with.

Effectz

Effectz

I had jury duty about three weeks ago,the case involved A girl who was accusing a man of sexual assault,basically she was saying he touched her inappropriately.She would of been 12 at the time and shes 20 now.The man has a daughter with the mother and was asked to babysit while the mother and her new boyfriend went to a car derby for the weekend.

The accused seemed like a decent bloke,he payed his child support had a good job and would visit his daughter regularly and they lived in the countryside so he would have to travel.The family was kind of weird,mother had kids with multiple men and when she was on the stand she seemed weird laughing smiling all that stuff.For whatever reason the girl who said she was touched comes forward when she is 16 and says he done this,she also changed her statement three times.When questioned on the stand she was very defensive couldn't answer questions etc.

There was no evidence to convict the man,it was her word against his basically,innocent until proven guilty and all that,so we found him not guilty it was the only logical decision 12 of us could come up with.There was 2 people in the jury though that said he was guilty because and I quote "he looks like a dirtbag"and that they ''felt sorry for her'' took us 4 hours to show them how stupid their decision was before they agreed he was not guilty.

Now,he could of done this but there was no evidence to prove without reasonable.the Judge told us that to find a person guilty it has to be of a high standard,you are talking 99% 98%

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That's encouraging because you followed the rule of law. However, it's not uncommon in cases of sexual assault for an accused male to have his name smeared all across the media and be demonised before a verdict is ever reached.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 16, 2014, 11:26:12 AM
That's encouraging because you followed the rule of law. However, it's not uncommon in cases of sexual assault for an accused male to have his name smeared all across the media and be demonised before a verdict is ever reached.

Yes,being accused of something like that your life is basically over,you have people always thinking did he do it?at home and in the work place,stays with you.

Cvalda

Cvalda

way to miss the point, I'm merely saying that its a bad idea allow civilians carry out justice on an accused person.  Especially when what usually happens is the accused ends up dying or being damaged for life- and what if they were innocent?  Rape doesn't call for death, just being put into the prison and never seeing the light of day again.  And have that sentenced carried out by a judicial system that has the resources to investigate the legitimacy of the crime. And most people charged with rape don't even get life in prison, so I'm still not sure what you're banging on about.

You kind of torpedoed all of that by closing it out with "you never know when girls will lie about being raped!' And what the hell are you going on about with people accused of rape "usually" dying -- uh, what kind of statistics are you going off of here, because that's a pretty ridiculous statement.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 16, 2014, 11:09:23 AM
Which explains you and your ideological adherence to MRM.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 16, 2014, 01:41:17 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 16, 2014, 11:09:23 AM
Which explains you and your ideological adherence to MRM.

If you say so.

maledoro

maledoro

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed