In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,517 times)

Rong

Rong

There's boys clubs in all top tiers of business, as a woman you have to be twice the men your competing with, it's far from equal in leadership positions, I think the initiative is less about the word and more about attitudes.

Best person for the job y'all.

Sabby

Sabby

Correct, but banning a word will do nothing but create a Slippery Slope. Believe it or not, Slippery Slope arguments CAN be valid, they've just been disgustingly misused in recent years.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 01:21:46 PM
In a futile attempt to be fair... what could she do? Give him his own HIV?

Well, we've had our daily dose of an unknown woman in an underdeveloped country being stupid, how about a whole bunch of seemingly educated and respected women from the First World spouting A Grade nonsense.

http://banbossy.com/

QuoteWhen a little boy asserts himself, he's called a "leader." Yet when a little girl does the same, she risks being branded "bossy." Words like bossy send a message: don't raise your hand or speak up. By middle school, girls are less interested in leading than boys—a trend that continues into adulthood. Together we can encourage girls to lead.

Pledge to Ban Bossy.

A lot of female celebrities are jumping onto this little band wagon. All I can really say to this is if a womans potential in life is held back by a single word, then they weren't exactly leader material. Besides, even if this stupidity were true (Hint: It's not), what they suggest wouldn't even be close to a solution. There's more ways to hold down a future business leader then simply calling them a bossy boots, so banning the word, which totally shits on our right to freedom of speech, is not going to do anything to stop little boys from keeping little girls down.

Let's say they ban the word Bossy. Now it is illegal to call a girl Bossy. Guess what happens? They get called Naggers. So, guess ya gotta ban the word Nagger now, huh? Oh, you've banned all the conventional words? Well we can use other words. Better ban Crone and Dutchess, because those pretty much mean 'bossy woman' now. Well, ya banned all the repurposed words, so guess what? Now you're a Hashtagger.

This is a very poorly chosen battle for a non existent war.
:laugh: What a load of horseshit!

There are things hundreds of times worse said about leaders today that the leaders don't give two rats and a shit about. My dad says things like "I'm going to kill that f**ker! If I ever have him alone in a room I'd KILL HIM! f**k!" and they're trying to ban bossy. The amount of pampering going on is going to create dandelions where we need lions. And that ain't dandy.

Spoiler
I just came up with that last bit.  ;D
[close]

Sabby

Sabby

Permission to steal that last bit? Because that's just pure gold.

Cvalda

Cvalda

We already covered that shit a few pages ago.

Try harder for your daily dose of woman hating-focused "news" please.

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Mar 15, 2014, 10:47:29 PM
http://ynaija.com/magazine/how-i-infected-324-men-with-hiv-female-student-reveals-pictured/

I bet she's lying. HIV doesn't spread that easily, and she's an idiot if she doesn't think that by infecting men, women like herself won't be infected.
WOW SEEMS LEGIT
http://www.kenyan-post.com/2014/03/shocker-university-female-student.html

But it didn't take long for the dumbasses in this thread to start freaking out over it :laugh:

Sabby

Sabby

I don't hate women. These idiots don't represent women, however much they think they do.

I'd love to comment on some stupid masculinists(sp?) but they don't put themselves out there daily like these people do :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 02:41:27 PM
I don't hate women.
/continues to post "news" stories critical of groups of women
/says doesn't hate women
/okay

Sabby

Sabby

Yes, ignore the rest of my response because it doesn't support your conclusion.

Simply branding someone a woman hater for disagreeing with new age Feminism is almost as ignorant and short sighted as the women haters you dislike.

Cvalda

Cvalda

What I'm saying is you keep posting or commenting about groups of women you don't like, which seems suspicious considering these are fringe cases that, AS YOU SAY, don't represent women at large, so why do you keep bring them up? :)

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 02:41:27 PM
I'd love to comment on some stupid masculinists(sp?) but they don't put themselves out there daily like these people do :P
www.avoiceformen.com

Sure they do. You just don't care to look ;) One of them is even a moderator of this board and continually posts woman-hating bait stories in this thread -- he even posted the one a few pages back that YOU just posted.

Sabby

Sabby

Would you mind sharing an example of the writers on that website displaying the same level of stupidity as those in #Banbossy? Simply pointing out a venue for discussion of mens rights news is a little vague. I'm browsing it now, but I'd like an example of what you consider to be comparable to news like #Banbossy.

I'm sorry you find it offensive that these stories keep getting relayed, but as I said before, they are current and persistent, so of course they catch my interest more. The current climate doesn't really allow silly male centric news stories to flourish in the same way.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 02:53:20 PM
Would you mind sharing an example of the writers on that website displaying the same level of stupidity as those in #Banbossy? Simply pointing out a venue for discussion of mens rights news is a little vague.
Boys raped more often than girls
http://www.avoiceformen.com/misandry/boys-raped-more-often-than-girls/

Have fun.

And I don't think you even read the BanBossy thing, because it's a dumb marketing slogan and not actually a draft to pass legislature to actually ban a word. But we already covered that thoroughly several pages back -- but please continue to clutch your pearls over a dumb marketing campaign that will have zero effect.

Sabby

Sabby

Thank you, but I'm at a loss for how a study that shows sexual predators target boys more often then girls is comparable to actresses wanting to ban a word. If you find a problem with the study itself, please share.

Cvalda

Cvalda

The point is, since you again didn't bother to read, that AVFM is a site of misogynists who twist facts around to make men the victims in all scenarios and women the ones to blame :) But if you have trouble parsing that just by reading, maybe you have in fact found a new "news" source!

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 16, 2014, 02:58:34 PM
comparable to actresses wanting to ban a word.
Again, where's the legislation they've drafted? It's a marketing slogan, did you even read the article?

Here's an idea: instead of continuing to post stupid minor shit about dumb feminists you hate, why not post ACTUAL news? :)

Sabby

Sabby

I'm still waiting for you to show how this is not news. Plenty of other stories posted in here are far smaller in scale, like a single house being raided over organic food. This is a social justice movement including big names. Yes, I'm aware that Ban Bossy is more of a slogan then anything, but I fail to see how that reduces it's implications or it's impact on free speech.

I'm just not following. I don't go digging through obscurity to find links to legitimize misogyny :/ The stories I relay almost always come my way through news websites like Upworthiest, which promote the stories positively more often then not.

Aspie

Aspie

lol I always thought avoiceformen.com was a satire site like The Onion

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed