In The News (Read 1,414,252 times)

Sabby

Sabby

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 14, 2014, 03:17:57 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 13, 2014, 11:04:49 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 13, 2014, 10:05:43 AM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/amulya/feminist-style-consent-themed-underwear?ref=discovery

I don't even...

This is a joke, right?

It pretty clearly is kind of a joke, Doom. I thought it was kinda funny.

What's so wrong with them, honestly? They're panties that say "Let's talk about sex" and similar phrases.

Because they're perpetuating the idea that men are too stupid to know what consent is and that we're uncontrollable sexual addicts. This is purely my opinion but considering an idiot like Andrea Dworkin once said, "Intercourse is the pure, sterile, formal expression of men's contempt for women" (in her book Intercourse), and to not have that claim challenged at large by so-called moderates makes me question the sanity of the person selling these panties.

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 14, 2014, 03:33:07 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Mar 14, 2014, 03:28:55 AM
I would nuzzle them with my nose while reading the quotes.

The wearers would be pleased.
But did she consent?

Nah nah, it has to be enthusiastic consent. Merely saying "yes" or "I want it" is not enough, lol.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Lol, freaking Doom overreacting to panties.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 14, 2014, 12:19:38 PM

If a man had designed boxers that said, "Consent isn't important" or something along those lines, we wouldn't have heard the end of it :)

Vickers

Vickers

I'm pretty sure that exists somewhere actually. You gotta look at it from both sides, Doom. There are plenty of t-shirts that poke fun at women, for example.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2014, 12:32:38 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 14, 2014, 12:19:38 PM

If a man had designed boxers that said, "Consent isn't important" or something along those lines, we wouldn't have heard the end of it :)

I don't think that would even happen. It's not like he would be making the boxers for women to wear. Plus, not all the panties are like that in the link anyway, you got one like this that sound funny to me:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 14, 2014, 12:38:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that exists somewhere actually. You gotta look at it from both sides, Doom. There are plenty of t-shirts that poke fun at women, for example.

I'm sure there are. When I was in high school, there was a retailer in the Niagara region (about two hours from where I live) who sold two shirts. One featured a bloody hammer with the line, "She had it coming" and the other featured a pair of bloody scissors that said, "He had it coming".

Where do you think the outrage was directed?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2014, 12:48:09 PM

I'm sure there are. When I was in high school, there was a retailer in the Niagara region (about two hours from where I live) who sold two shirts. One featured a bloody hammer with the line, "She had it coming" and the other featured a pair of bloody scissors that said, "He had it coming".

I can understand the scissors, because that's a go to object to easily remove a peenor, but...the hammer to obliterate a vagina? That's...I...I've never heard of that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Mar 14, 2014, 12:50:44 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2014, 12:48:09 PM

I can understand the scissors, because that's a go to object to easily remove a peenor, but...the hammer to obliterate a vagina? That's...I...I've never heard of that.

Well, I didn't think it was about removing a vagina so much as it was about hitting her over the head with it.

My point is that it's a double standard. Violence against women is deemed to be unacceptable (as it should be) yet violence against men is seen as humourous.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2014, 11:10:12 AM
Because they're perpetuating the idea that men are too stupid to know what consent is and that we're uncontrollable sexual addicts. This is purely my opinion but considering an idiot like Andrea Dworkin once said, "Intercourse is the pure, sterile, formal expression of men's contempt for women" (in her book Intercourse), and to not have that claim challenged at large by so-called moderates makes me question the sanity of the person selling these panties.
Are you completely lacking in critical thinking skills? As if some fringe feminist saying something stupid is actually impactful on the culture at large, except for idiots specifically looking for it just so they can start whining about their make believe persecution and martyrdom. It may shock you to hear this, but free speech means idiots can publish dumb shit too! :o Hell, you have a whole website devoted to doing just that! :) Doesn't mean anyone takes it seriously. Which no one does MRM either -- just look at your embarrassing show here, where not even the majority of the men posting agree with you! :laugh:

Obviously they've been brainwashed by the global feminist conspiracy...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 14, 2014, 01:09:14 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2014, 11:10:12 AM
Are you completely lacking in critical thinking skills? As if some fringe feminist saying something stupid is actually impactful on the culture at large, except for idiots specifically looking for it just so they can start whining about their make believe persecution and martyrdom. It may shock you to hear this, but free speech means idiots can publish dumb shit too! :o Hell, you have a whole website devoted to doing just that! :) Doesn't mean anyone takes it seriously. Which no one does MRM either -- just look at your embarrassing show here, where not even the majority of the men posting agree with you! :laugh:

Obviously they've been brainwashed by the global feminist conspiracy...

Cool story, bro.

Vickers

Vickers

Doom's face when

Cvalda

Cvalda

Topazora

Topazora

Man vs woman aside.  And I kind have to admit, the panties are actually kinda cute.  But I have to wonder how much good they will do.  I get the whole creating awareness, and I understand the meaning behind putting it on panties as it shows the vulnerability of the woman.  So, the artistically, I get it, but how would it be realistically applicable?
In order for the man to see the quote on the panties, he would have to have gotten there somehow.  Either, the girl has already consented and the quotes on the panties are moot, and the guy is probably the type of guy who would never take advantage of the girl- so the quote's not for him.
Or, the girl is ass drunk, and the guy is a scumbag who is going to take advantage of her and most likely ignore the panties :-\  Or she isn't ass drunk, just walking to her car in the dark and is snagged from behind into an alley, and the panties are still ignored.
So... art wise, cute idea, it does create awareness.  But how is it realistically applicable?  Rapists don't care...

Vickers

Vickers

I doubt they're meant to be taken that seriously. Much like people don't take t-shirts too seriously. The clothing and text might reflect the wearers' opinions but it doesn't mean the wearers are under the impression simply wearing something will help a cause.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed