In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,260 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 07, 2014, 08:01:54 PM
The shit has hit the fan I see, well might as well throw some more dung.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/us/transgender-lawsuit-crossfit/

What you guys and gals think about this? I see a man trying to be a women but regardless of how much she may try, she is still genetically a man and should not be allowed to compete with women. Perhaps a new transgender bracket?

She is not a man trying to be a woman. She is a woman.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

What you guys and gals think about this? I see a man trying to be a women but regardless of how much she may try, she is still genetically a man and should not be allowed to compete with women. Perhaps a new transgender bracket?
I think the best answer is in the article. The policy for the Olympics is cut-and-dry, fair, and logical. Conferring advantage after someone has had gender reassignment surgery, which includes hormone treatments, is getting kind of bizarre and shouldn't be policy for making judgments on athletes and their gender.

Especially since it was back in 2006. Maybe if she'd just had the surgery and her body was still obviously changing, but even that is hair-splitting territory.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The Olympics did allow oscar pistorius to compete so it makes sense for them to take that position as well. However in competitive sports there isn't much that separates the winner from last place. So I wonder, does this fairness only apply as long as transgender people do not win?

The reason I think it is unfair is because she would have an advantage on joint leverage. There maybe more or even disadvantages from the reassignment but more than bone density, skeletal structure is different between the sexes and therapy doesn't alter that. I think she would be given an advantage in strength and endurance. Of course research should be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0zwirfmGIU#ws

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 07, 2014, 08:24:11 PM

If you have a penis, you're a male. I can't believe people these days are trying to force others into thinking this is not correct. WOMEN DONT HAVE PENISES! Gender is defined by what you're packing down there. Gender is not a social construct, IT IS BIOLOGICAL!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Here Kirkland, let me continue the flagrant use of Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity

Ffs bro, you're not reading from the gender book of law. It's far from being solely a physical trait. I almost thought you were trolling there, until I realized it was you.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 07, 2014, 08:51:26 PM
The Olympics did allow oscar pistorius to compete so it makes sense for them to take that position as well. However in competitive sports there isn't much that separates the winner from last place. So I wonder, does this fairness only apply as long as transgender people do not win?

The reason I think it is unfair is because she would have an advantage on joint leverage. There maybe more or even disadvantages from the reassignment but more than bone density, skeletal structure is different between the sexes and therapy doesn't alter that. I think she would be given an advantage in strength and endurance. Of course research should be done.

Then you open the Pandora's box of 'different skeletal arrangements confer advantage.' Where do you draw the line? Some women have very masculine bone structures, and some men look like Shiela's. Would they have to be separated into appropriate categories?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Damn transgenders. Making everything confusing.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm a woman trapped in a man's body.  Fortunately I'm a lesbian.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 07, 2014, 09:11:19 PM
I'm a woman trapped in a man's body.  Fortunately I'm a lesbian.

Have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Only by Democrats.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

This thread was so lively. Why does everyone have to run from healthy discourse?

f**king bored now. Later bitches.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 07, 2014, 08:54:41 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Mar 07, 2014, 08:24:11 PM

If you have a penis, you're a male. I can't believe people these days are trying to force others into thinking this is not correct. WOMEN DONT HAVE PENISES! Gender is defined by what you're packing down there. Gender is not a social construct, IT IS BIOLOGICAL!

/acceptmeforbeinggaybutiwillnotaccepttranssexuals

Try reading up on things and educating yourself at little and then maybe you won't sound so blatantly ignorant.

Cvalda

Cvalda

The dudebro definition of a woman:
Has tits and a pussy and I can f**k it without feeling like a fag hurr hurr

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 07, 2014, 08:54:41 PM
Well, she doesn't have a penis anymore, so I guess that makes her a woman in your eyes, yes?

Also, your penis is basically just vaginal tissue turned inside out, so have fun beating off your vag stick. :-*

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

;D

Rong

Rong

Isn't "drag race" the Trans-Olympics , just get her to compete in that and leave the actual Olympics to the "bigots"

Vickers

Vickers

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed