In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,431 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 02, 2014, 04:43:33 AM
If a person wants to make a creationist museum, why should anybody else care?

Exactly whats wrong with the world today, nobody has any tolerance for anybody else. 
Because passing off the Bible as actual science is stupid and in an ideal world would probably be considered illegal.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: SiL on Mar 02, 2014, 04:53:34 AM

Exactly whats wrong with the world today, nobody has any tolerance for anybody else. 
and in an ideal world would probably be considered illegal.
Wut

Vickers

Vickers

I think creationists should watch a documentary called Zeitgeist if they're really interested in learning something.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Because passing off the Bible as actual science is stupid and in an ideal world would probably be considered illegal.

They believe what they believe.  Who cares?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 02, 2014, 04:59:42 AM

Wut
Protip, the end of a sentence usually makes more sense if you actually leave the first half of the sentence there :)

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 02, 2014, 05:31:41 AM
They believe what they believe.  Who cares?
People who give a shit about having an educated population? Places and institutions like creationist museums are why you end up with people who have actual power and influence campaigning to either remove evolution from schools, or have creationism taught as equal to or more "accurate" than evolution.

"Let people believe what they want to believe" stops being relevant when what people are teaching as truth is demonstrably false and ends up affecting the education and intelligence of others. The creation museum and this theme park are what need warning labels on them, not biology textbooks that mention evolution.

Sabby

Sabby

What SiL said, so much. You're quite welcome to your delusions, but when you present them to the public as fact, we have a problem. Any establishment with the title 'museum' needs to be held to a certain standard. This place is no museum, it's one man legitimizing his personal reality and trying to spread it around.

He's quite free to do this nonsense. It's a free country after all. But he shouldn't be allowed to call it a museum, or present misinformation as fact. I've seen video tours of the place, and it's so loaded with dishonesty it's disgusting.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: SiL on Mar 02, 2014, 07:34:07 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 02, 2014, 04:59:42 AM

Wut
Protip, the end of a sentence usually makes more sense if you actually leave the first half of the sentence there :)
Ahahahahahaha, you always had the best jokes, Jon.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If people are fooled into believing something just because it has the words museum attached to it they are f**king retards anyways.

Hey ladies this is what six inches looks like-museum

If they don't have the cognitive reasoning ability to figure that shit out then I don't think you have much to worry about them when it comes to politics.

Non-religious people need to slow their role, look in the mirror, self evaluate themselves and realize they do a bunch of the same shit that they accuse religious people of.  I don't hear many religious people saying they want to wipe out a way of life just because it doesn't suit their aims or belief systems.  But you hear that shit ALL THE TIME from non religious people.  "f**king Christians, Muslims, we just need to get rid of all the religious zealots and beliefs and the world would be a better place."  Check yourself Hitlers.

Motherf**kers are acting like the creationist museum is pumping out the f**king Taliban or some shit.  Give me a break.

Sabby

Sabby

Since when do children have the cognitive ability to resist indoctrination? If my parents had taken me to places like the Creationist Museum, trying to educate me about the real history of the world, chances are I would end up believing it, because it's being pushed on my young and weak mind by authority figures.

If you really hold this stance, by all means, send your kids to Jesus Camp. I mean, if they fall for it, it's their fault, right?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

But if these people that are now adults had similar shit pushed into their fragile young minds they can't be at fault either, right?  ;D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

My stance isn't pro Christian or pro science.  I just get tired of motherf**kers getting on each others belief systems for no damn reason.  If they aren't doing something that bothers you or anybody else personally, wtf?  Why sweat it at all?  Got better stuff to worry about than a bunch of peoples religious ideals or lack there of.

What pisses me off the most though is the hypocrisy of it all.  Sil and a thousand people like him come in telling somebody they can't believe in creationism because it might teach people different than evolution because those same people might come around some day and say that he can't believe in evolution.  Sounds like a never ending revolving door of pettiness to me.

Indoctrination, lol.  The cuttlefish from the sky making that a buzzword.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 02, 2014, 08:08:01 AM
If people are fooled into believing something just because it has the words museum attached to it they are f**king retards anyways.
All the more reason to not let them be lead by people spreading inaccuracies.

QuoteIf they don't have the cognitive reasoning ability to figure that shit out then I don't think you have much to worry about them when it comes to politics.
How do you possibly justify that when America has politicians lobbying for creationism in schools ... ?

QuoteI don't hear many religious people saying they want to wipe out a way of life just because it doesn't suit their aims or belief systems.  But you hear that shit ALL THE TIME from non religious people.  "f**king Christians, Muslims, we just need to get rid of all the religious zealots and beliefs and the world would be a better place."  Check yourself Hitlers.
Nobody's saying that. Nobody's saying "Let's abolish religion" here. That's not the topic at all. It's presenting outright bullshit as facts to people.

QuoteMotherf**kers are acting like the creationist museum is pumping out the f**king Taliban or some shit.  Give me a break.
No we f**king aren't, motherf**kers are acting like creationist museum is pumping out f**king uninformed people who believe make-believe is reality and end up getting a say in what everyone else gets to learn or think.

QuoteSil and a thousand people like him come in telling somebody they can't believe in creationism because it might teach people different than evolution because those same people might come around some day and say that he can't believe in evolution.  Sounds like a never ending revolving door of pettiness to me.
Can you at least try to read the argument? It centers around the fact that creationism isn't science, it isn't fact, it's demonstrably false, and teaching it to people as science, as fact, as demonstrably true, is a f**king bad thing.

People are free to be religious, to believe in God, whatever. But acting like creationism is science, demanding it be taught in a science class, is wrong, and I don't see why we should take a pansy-arse "live and let live" attitude towards allowing people to systematically bullshit people into teaching fantasy as actual reality.

This isn't a case of fighting religion. I have nothing against religion. But religion is not about teaching creationism in a science class, f**king wackjobs are about teaching creationism in a science class and I see no reason to humour them. Creationist museums are an extension of that.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

;D

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

That was rather anticlimactic.

SiL

SiL

Exactly the response of a man who's raging on Jack ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed