In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,684 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Eva on Feb 19, 2014, 07:30:56 PM

I'll bet that most US citizens have no idea what that 2nd amendment was actually intended to counter, by the people who originally implemented it. Referencing it, has simply become the knee-jerk reaction when someone is asked why they have or like guns. Sometimes they can't bother to make up some rational argument why they need an AK47, so it's just 'I have the right to, that's why.'

Lets not generalise. I personally think its great that the Americans have a constitution (kinda wish in terms of privacy they would stick to it ) , i wish we had one in Australia in some cases, although not the second amendment because i find it redundant in many ways.

QuoteThe "progressive intelligent gun laws" I'm talking about are in effect in "Australia" which also didn't see conflict in WW2 (Darwin doesn't count)....

40,000 Australians died on the battlefield in WW2, almost as high a casualty number as the number of British soldiers dead in defeating Germany & Japan. Australia was under threat from a Japanese invasion from the North. 'Didn't see conflict in WW2'?

That Statement was in regards to the insinuation that the US didn't really bear the brunt of the war thats why they are "Militaristic" my reference to Aus is that we were as distant from ww2 as the Americans "418,500 dead", yet there is not correlation between gun laws or gun culture.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Rong on Feb 19, 2014, 11:04:10 PM
QuoteThe "progressive intelligent gun laws" I'm talking about are in effect in "Australia" which also didn't see conflict in WW2 (Darwin doesn't count)....

40,000 Australians died on the battlefield in WW2, almost as high a casualty number as the number of British soldiers dead in defeating Germany & Japan. Australia was under threat from a Japanese invasion from the North. 'Didn't see conflict in WW2'?

That Statement was in regards to the insinuation that the US didn't really bear the brunt of the war thats why they are "Militaristic" my reference to Aus is that we were as distant from ww2 as the Americans "418,500 dead", yet there is not correlation between gun laws or gun culture.

I've made no insinuation like that whatsoever. I'm talking about the only victorious post-WW2 industrial superpower that survived the war pretty much completely intact. Britain was in ruins. Germany was in ruins. Japan was in ruins. The Soviet Union was in ruins. How many dead Russians - 10 million? 20 million? How much of Hitler's war machine did they crush on their own on the Eastern Front - a third? I don't know, but they might have a different view as to who carried the heavy load in that war... which is completely besides the point I was making anyway.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Rong on Feb 19, 2014, 06:43:35 PM
That statement I originally quoted is some "Doomrulz" level ignorant retarded bullshit, if it were him saying it he'd get nailed to the wall for it, you shouldn't get a free pass.

Enjoy your higher Watched rating.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Doom at it again!

Vickers

Vickers

Don't talk about mods. Only other members. Zlol

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Eva on Feb 19, 2014, 11:47:49 PM
Quote from: Rong on Feb 19, 2014, 11:04:10 PM

I've made no insinuation like that whatsoever.

I'm glad that you agree that ww2 has absolutely nothing to do with America's gun culture

Quote from: Eva on Feb 18, 2014, 05:08:10 PM

massive cultural difference with regards to gun culture in Europe and the US, a schism of sorts that grew out of the downfall of the Second World War. The US turned more militaristic while Europe had finally had enough and turned to the overall pacifist route.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote"We don't know where that statement came from. The eyewitnesses on the scene clearly state that he had a Wii controller in his hand. He heard a knock at the door. He asked who it was, there was no response so he opened the door and upon opening the door he was immediately shot in the chest," Law said.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/attorney-teen-was-shot-having-wii-controller-hand/ndSrL/

Sounds like you guys should make bulletproof vests everyday wear over there.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Aint nothing you can really do when you open the door and get blasted by the police.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Wii controllers can be dangerous.  :P

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm just saying you can't really blame gun violence on the people when its the police shooting you. 

It was a female officer though.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Police are peeps doe.

BANE

BANE

HER HORMONES WERE GOING CRAZY!

She shouldn't be doing police work anyway; that's MAN'S work!

Cvalda

Cvalda

MRM! MRM!

BANE

BANE

I was serious.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed