In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,286 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

People are too scared to rock the boat man. 

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Eva on Feb 19, 2014, 04:44:13 PM
Quote from: Rong on Feb 18, 2014, 08:30:17 PM
Quote from: Eva on Feb 18, 2014, 05:08:10 PM
grew out of the downfall of the Second World War. The US turned more militaristic while Europe had finally had enough and turned to the overall pacifist route

Bahahhahahahahaha. The worst part about this statement is you "probably" truly believe it.

The second amendment has been around pre ww2.

And it doesn't explain other countries outside of "Europe" that didn't see war who have progressive intelligent gun laws.

What are you talking about? Did you even read what I actually wrote? :P

I read what you wrote, I even quoted it. Firstly I understand English is your second language and I should go easy, but some of the shit that dribbles out of your mouth needs to be called out.

Europeans are just as "Militaristic" as the US often being allied in wars the U.S are fighting in (same with S'traya for that matter), on top of that Gun Control has zero to f**k all to do with a country being "Militaristic". In the United States gun control is limited by the 2nd amendment, that was drafted sometime before WW2......

Quote from: Eva on Feb 19, 2014, 04:44:13 PMPS: 'progressive intelligent gun laws' sounds like an expression you've picked up from looking a bit too much at NRAs website or similar sources. I know spin when I see it...

You think you know spin huh?, if you could comprehend what I've written you'd realise I advocate stronger gun control so why would I quote the "NRA" or "Similar Sources"  if that were the case?

The "progressive intelligent gun laws" I'm talking about are in effect in "Australia" which also didn't see conflict in WW2 (Darwin doesn't count)....

That statement I originally quoted is some "Doomrulz" level ignorant retarded bullshit, if it were him saying it he'd get nailed to the wall for it, you shouldn't get a free pass.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The real reason the second amendment is around is because the US Government wanted an auxiliary force to draw from should they be invaded again by those Imperialistic brits.  It is also a half measure against our own Government should the federal government decide to go apeshit and mass totalarian the people will have some way to resist.

Why guns will never be taken out of the country is because people are so paranoid about our own government that any attempts to seize or greatly regulate the firearms one could buy (lets say you can only legally have handguns instead of semi-auto rifles) then I honestly think it would be met with open resistance.  People don't trust the government since all this conflict since 9/11 and they have a right not to.  Patriot act, NSA snooping, holding non uniformed combatants without trial, droning US Citizens.  I honestly believe that personally these things were done to protect the homeland, but its a slippery slope to go down.

Our forefathers made the bed, and we will be sleeping in it for awhile. 

The US violent crime rates are slowly going down so maybe people will just stop being idgets as we become a more progressive society.  I think there are several factions in the US just waiting for their shot at mayhem and enforcing some ban on the second amendment would give them reason to start it.

But maybe I'm just paranoid.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Rong on Feb 19, 2014, 06:43:35 PM
That statement I originally quoted is some "Doomrulz" level ignorant retarded bullshit, if it were him saying it he'd get nailed to the wall for it, you shouldn't get a free pass.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

How about some space news?  Anyone? 

Here's our little rover from orbit:

http://www.nasa.gov/jpl/mro/opportunity-pia17941/#.UwUAS4WwXws

Awe :)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I know the Mars one thing isn't going to happen, but yall don't even know how close I was to putting a packet in for it. 

Eva

Eva

I read what you wrote, I even quoted it. Firstly I understand English is your second language and I should go easy, but some of the shit that dribbles out of your mouth needs to be called out.

Europeans are just as "Militaristic" as the US often being allied in wars the U.S are fighting in (same with S'traya for that matter), on top of that Gun Control has zero to f**k all to do with a country being "Militaristic". In the United States gun control is limited by the 2nd amendment, that was drafted sometime before WW2.

Europeans are every bit as cunning and unreliable as always. But the mentality here when it comes to warfare and weaponry is entirely different than the mentality that seemed to grow in the US during the Cold War/Vietnam War era. Entirely different.

I'll bet that most US citizens have no idea what that 2nd amendment was actually intended to counter, by the people who originally implemented it. Referencing it, has simply become the knee-jerk reaction when someone is asked why they have or like guns. Sometimes they can't bother to make up some rational argument why they need an AK47, so it's just 'I have the right to, that's why.'

QuoteThe "progressive intelligent gun laws" I'm talking about are in effect in "Australia" which also didn't see conflict in WW2 (Darwin doesn't count)....

40,000 Australians died on the battlefield in WW2, almost as high a casualty number as the number of British soldiers dead in defeating Germany & Japan. Australia was under threat from a Japanese invasion from the North. 'Didn't see conflict in WW2'?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

QuoteThe "progressive intelligent gun laws" I'm talking about are in effect in "Australia" which also didn't see conflict in WW2 (Darwin doesn't count)....

There's a reason it is called "WORLD war II".
Almost no country in the world escaped the massacre.
And even if the battlefield wasn't brought to their county the impact war had was considerable (cultural, economical, geographically...)

As always history is a trick to blind most of us.
We remember what we want but not what exactly happened.

On the 2nd amendment thing, that shit is old.
The reason it still exist today is because of its enormous economical reliability.
Gun makes a lot of money in fields like justice, medical care, insurance / banks (pretty much everything the capitalism is being fed by) and they can be sold on the black market very easily in foreign countries without having the us government to step in and being seen as an axe of evil providing weapons since this is done by individual people who do the dirty work (lord of war? anyone?)
It's the kind of third gold you can have with oil.

Why it was declare in the first place and why it still exist today are two different things.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Europeans arguing about American history and politics

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 19, 2014, 09:03:04 PM

There's a reason it is called "WORLD war II".
Almost no country in the world escaped the massacre.
And even if the battlefield wasn't brought to their county the impact war had was considerable (cultural, economical, geographically...)

As always history is a trick to blind most of us.
We remember what we want but not what exactly happened.

On the 2nd amendment thing, that shit is old.
The reason it still exist today is because of its enormous economical reliability.
Gun makes a lot of money in fields like justice, medical care, insurance / banks (pretty much everything the capitalism is being fed by) and they can be sold on the black market very easily in foreign countries without having the us government to step in and being seen as an axe of evil providing weapons since this is done by individual people who do the dirty work (lord of war? anyone?)
It's the kind of third gold you can have with oil.

Why it was declare in the first place and why it still exist today are two different things.

The lord of war thing isn't really applicable to the average civilian since he isn't going to have access to a treasure trove of fully automatic weapons, grenades, and anti armor rocket launchers.

Not even gun shops have that shit.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Eva on Feb 19, 2014, 07:30:56 PM
The "progressive intelligent gun laws" I'm talking about are in effect in "Australia" which also didn't see conflict in WW2 (Darwin doesn't count)....

40,000 Australians died on the battlefield in WW2, almost as high a casualty number as the number of British soldiers dead in defeating Germany & Japan. Australia was under threat from a Japanese invasion from the North. 'Didn't see conflict in WW2'?

From Britain to North Africa (including El Alamein), from Sicily to Italy, and all across the whole Pacific in places like New Guinea and the Philippines to name a few, even on the home islands of Japan.

Australia would have been invaded if it weren't for the U.S/Australians defeating the Japanese fleet in the Battle of the Coral Sea in the first ever battle in which the fleets wouldn't see each other as the carrier planes would do all the fighting. If Japan had succeeded they would be in a stronger position to invade Australia directly with sea, air and ground forces.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

http://www.wxyz.com/news/mom-opens-fire-on-home-invaders-in-detroit-to-defend-children

Oh shit.

Also should point out that the places with some of the strictest gun laws in America are the ones with the highest violent crime rates.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Eva on Feb 19, 2014, 07:30:56 PM40,000 Australians died on the battlefield in WW2, almost as high a casualty number as the number of British soldiers dead in defeating Germany & Japan.

Erm, not arguing with the rest of your point, but "almost" as in just over 10%?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed