SM

SM

Like a tay inna wiiin

Cvalda

Cvalda

:laugh:

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/16/5417266/nanomotors-controlled-inside-living-human-cells-for-the-first-time

I've watched too much Sci Fi to consider it, even if successful at killing cancer  :o

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vickers on Feb 16, 2014, 10:53:36 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 15, 2014, 11:48:17 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 15, 2014, 07:09:42 PM
So apparently Ellen Page is gay.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ellen-page-comes-as-gay-680563

Why is this news? I never understood why people were so concerned with the sexual orientation of celebrities. Then again, this may hurt her career as an actress.

How? There are lots of openly gay male and female celebrities who are doing just fine. :)

Yeah, I know. Like I said though, it "might". Not every actor and actress becomes Ian McKellen though. And didn't he only come out in recent years? He's far too established for it to make a shred of difference.

Vickers

Vickers

Ellen Page isn't Ian McKellen but she is well established I would say...

Inception
Juno
Hard Candy
X-Men: The Last Stand

And then there are her smaller artsy cult films that have their own fans.

Not to mention that she is an actress. She becomes different characters in different movies. How her sexual orientation would have any relevance to her ability to act is beyond me. Look at the others I've listed - the only time anything has really affected any of their careers was poor choices.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not her ability to act as in her talent level, but her ability to act as in who will hire her because she's a lesbian. I've spoken with actors who have worked in L.A. and they've said that there are quite a few deep-seated reservations about sexual orientation. They're not exactly liberal to say the least.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 17, 2014, 05:33:10 PM
Not her ability to act as in her talent level, but her ability to act as in who will hire her because she's a lesbian. I've spoken with actors who have worked in L.A. and they've said that there are quite a few deep-seated reservations about sexual orientation. They're not exactly liberal to say the least.

Most of those I've listed are still doing quite well for themselves:

Quote from: Vickers on Feb 17, 2014, 12:02:18 AM
Ian McKellen
Stephen Fry
Jim Parsons
Ellen Page
Jodie Foster
Portia de Rossi
Ellen DeGeneres
Neil Patrick Harris
Matt Bomer
Alan Cumming
Victor Garber
Wentworth Miller
Jane Lynch
Cynthia Nixon
Zachary Quinto
George Takei
Nathan Lane
Rupert Everett
Udo Kier
David Hyde Pierce
Ben Whishaw
Wanda Sykes

Sure, Hollywood has a long way to go with fair-play: when it comes to homophobia, racism and sexism. But I don't think Ellen Page has too much to worry about.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I hope so. She's a good actress.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

I don't know many actors that aren't doing well, except for the shit actors. I don't think sexual preference is going to affect much of anything.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

That reminds me of the time Ridley said he wanted to do lesbians in space lol. Can't wait to see that.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 17, 2014, 05:38:46 PM
I don't know many actors that aren't doing well, except for the shit actors. I don't think sexual preference is going to affect much of anything.
It mostly effects younger, more leading man types.

Which is why Bradley Cooper hasn't come out yet.

Eva

Eva

Huh... Didn't know Ben Whishaw was gay. Not that it helped the plum girl in Perfume: Story Of A Murderer... :-X

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Feb 17, 2014, 07:05:23 PM
Huh... Didn't know Ben Whishaw was gay. Not that it helped the plum girl in Perfume: Story Of A Murderer... :-X
Yup. Jane Campion introduced him to his husband, the composer for Bright Star and Top of the Lake.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 17, 2014, 07:10:55 PM
Yup. Jane Campion introduced him to his husband, the composer for Bright Star and Top of the Lake.

Good for them. :)

Well, now I do seem to remember watching a clue to Whishaw's true preferences...

Spoiler

Oh my, Daniels eyes are really blue... so blue... such a strong yet vulnerable shade of blue...
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Feb 17, 2014, 07:22:12 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 17, 2014, 07:10:55 PM
Good for them. :)

Well, now I do seem to remember watching a clue to Whishaw's true preferences...

Spoiler

Oh my, Daniels eyes are really blue... so blue... such a strong yet vulnerable shade of blue...
[close]
We see nothing.

Spoiler
Nothing.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed