Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,412,654 times)

Aspie

Aspie

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Rong on Jul 21, 2013, 09:30:17 PM
Lesson of the day don't f**k round or travel alone in Dubai / Muslim countries.

There are several Muslim nations in the world who don't have sickening retarded laws and views on women/human rights. Turkey, Indonesia, Egypt, Jordan etc... I don't think even Iran is this ultra conservative, but funny enough it's always Iran that gets demonized by the US government and media these days...

Rong

Rong

Regardless of the laws there is still a general attitude towards women and I still wouldn't f**k around or travel alone.

Whilst in Morocco if my wife was more than a meter away from me, men would consistently approach / corral / touch her , and the amount of horror stories I've heard about women traveling alone, I wouldn't risk it.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 09:39:23 PMI don't think even Iran is this ultra conservative
They are.

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 09:39:23 PMbut funny enough it's always Iran that gets demonized by the US government and media these days...
Yeah, that happens to all the peace-minded countries. (Watch out, Sweden...)

Quote from: Rong on Jul 21, 2013, 09:47:53 PMRegardless of the laws there is still a general attitude towards women and I still wouldn't f**k around or travel alone.
And there always will be as long as people hang onto Bronze Age values.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 21, 2013, 09:50:30 PM
Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 09:39:23 PMbut funny enough it's always Iran that gets demonized by the US government and media these days...
Yeah, that happens to all the peace-minded countries. (Watch out, Sweden...)

Iran hasn't started actual wars against other nations for centuries. The same can't be said for the US and practically most nations in Europe.

Iran is all about strong rhetorics, but that's apparently enough for the ultra right-wing powers in the US to instigate another war in the Middle East, if the can get their ways. If the world doesn't provide enemies by itself for these people, they just make them themselves.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:01:31 PMIran hasn't started actual wars against other nations for centuries. The same can't be said for the US and practically most nations in Europe.
So, in order to make Iran look good you have to point out the errors of some other countries?

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:01:31 PMIran is all about strong rhetorics, but that's apparently enough for the ultra right-wing powers in the US to instigate another war in the Middle East
If the right-wingers in Iran don't start one first.

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:01:31 PMthe world doesn't provide enemies by itself for these people, they just make them themselves.
Yeah, huh.

Vakarian

Vakarian

How pissed off will the Americans be if they invade Iran, only to find a shitload of WMDs and no oil?   

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Vakarian on Jul 21, 2013, 10:13:05 PMHow pissed off will the Americans be if they invade Iran, only to find a shitload of WMDs and no oil?
Weapons, very. Oil, not terribly.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 21, 2013, 10:12:11 PM
Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:01:31 PMIran hasn't started actual wars against other nations for centuries. The same can't be said for the US and practically most nations in Europe.
So, in order to make Iran look good you have to point out the errors of some other countries?

I'm not trying to make someone look good. I'm not Iranian. Out of curiosity - you consider the Iraq War an 'error'? When is a war an 'error' and when is it something else?

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:01:31 PMIran is all about strong rhetorics, but that's apparently enough for the ultra right-wing powers in the US to instigate another war in the Middle East
If the right-wingers in Iran don't start one first.

They wouldn't have to. The US has adopted the policy that it is righteous to attack and occupy other nations in so-called pre-emptive strikes (considered illegal by the UN, but who cares?). Whether those nations pose a real threat to the US or not, is irrelevant, as recent history clearly demonstrates.

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:01:31 PMthe world doesn't provide enemies by itself for these people, they just make them themselves.
Yeah, huh.

The list of murderous dictatorships that has enjoyed full support from various US government through the decades, is as long as my grocery list on pay day. The list of these scumbags who in turn have turned against the US (because none of the parties involved have a shred of credibility), is almost just as long.

maledoro

maledoro

QuoteI'm not trying to make someone look good. I'm not Iranian.
Did you just insult Iranians? Shame on you. I have a few friends from there whom are quite handsome. Plus, you need not be of a nationality in order to defend it.

QuoteOut of curiosity - you consider the Iraq War an 'error'? When is a war an 'error' and when is it something else?
I was using an express. Surely, you've heard of "the error of one's ways"? And, yes, I consider the Iraq war an error as Bush & Co. had launched it under false pretenses.

QuoteThey wouldn't have to. The US has adopted the policy that it is righteous to attack and occupy other nations in so-called pre-emptive strikes (considered illegal by the UN, but who cares?). Whether those nations pose a real threat to the US or not, is irrelevant, as recent history clearly demonstrates.
They're illegal to a point, unless certain conditions are met; they were.

QuoteThe list of murderous dictatorships that has enjoyed full support from various US government through the decades, is as long as my grocery list on pay day. The list of these scumbags who in turn have turned against the US (because none of the parties involved have a shred of credibility), is almost just as long.
So, where are you getting this from? The Media?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:31:43 PM...is as long as my grocery list on pay day.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Written in the blood of children, as is the Danish custom.
[close]
[close]

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Shasvre on Jul 21, 2013, 10:44:01 PM
Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:31:43 PM...is as long as my grocery list on pay day.
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
;D

That may explain what's going on in Denmark.

Eva

Eva

Maledoro.... I'm backing out, because I'm not spending time on this forum to get into heated debates or fights... and I kinda like you, so... thanx for the dance.

Quote from: Shasvre on Jul 21, 2013, 10:44:01 PM
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]
:D

Spoiler
You forgot the most important...

Spoiler

Spoiler
... because, you know, I need a new drain plug for my new bathtub.
[close]
[close]
[close]

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:59:40 PMMaledoro.... I'm backing out, because I'm not spending time on this forum to get into heated debates or fights...
But...but...that is what this thread is for!

Quote from: Eva on Jul 21, 2013, 10:59:40 PMand I kinda like you, so... thanx for the dance.

Rong

Rong

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/202172/mcdonalds-suggested-budget-for-employees-shows-just-how-impossible-it-is-to-get-by-on-minimum-wage/

LOL 'MERICA

Actually We arent much better over her to be honest with people on minimum wage keeping up with inflation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed