In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,252 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 08, 2013, 12:28:09 AM
Daily CEO Pay Now Exceeds the Average Worker's Annual Salary

QuoteIn 1965, the average CEO made 20 times the average worker. Now the ratio is 273 to 1, meaning the average CEO makes in a day what their workers make in a year.

U.S. corporate CEO salaries rose 16 percent in 2012 according to a new report from research firm Equilar. Top salary: Larry Ellison of Oracle - over $96 million. Top exit bonus: James Mulva of ConocoPhillips - $156 million.

Average salary for the CEOs of the top 200 U.S. companies with revenue of over $1 billion was $5.3 million. The big money, however, is paid out in stock and options which added another $9 million to the median compensation package for the CEOs.

Worst off were the workers at these companies whose median pay is now at a historic low compared to the CEOs. In 1965, according to a new report from the Economic Policy Institute, the average CEO made 20 times the average worker. Now the ratio is 273 to 1 ie the average CEO's daily salary is now greater than the annual salary of their workers.

Ellison did even better - he was paid the equivalent of the average U.S. salary of $45,790 every single hour last year.

Only going to get worse from here on out.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 08, 2013, 12:28:09 AM
Daily CEO Pay Now Exceeds the Average Worker's Annual Salary

QuoteIn 1965, the average CEO made 20 times the average worker. Now the ratio is 273 to 1, meaning the average CEO makes in a day what their workers make in a year.

U.S. corporate CEO salaries rose 16 percent in 2012 according to a new report from research firm Equilar. Top salary: Larry Ellison of Oracle - over $96 million. Top exit bonus: James Mulva of ConocoPhillips - $156 million.

Average salary for the CEOs of the top 200 U.S. companies with revenue of over $1 billion was $5.3 million. The big money, however, is paid out in stock and options which added another $9 million to the median compensation package for the CEOs.

Worst off were the workers at these companies whose median pay is now at a historic low compared to the CEOs. In 1965, according to a new report from the Economic Policy Institute, the average CEO made 20 times the average worker. Now the ratio is 273 to 1 ie the average CEO's daily salary is now greater than the annual salary of their workers.

Ellison did even better - he was paid the equivalent of the average U.S. salary of $45,790 every single hour last year.

lol Cvalda, posting important and insightful stuff.

Such blasphemy.

Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2013, 12:29:06 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Jul 08, 2013, 12:25:51 AM
Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2013, 12:24:28 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Jul 08, 2013, 12:19:49 AM
I've never heard of any condition where excitement and newly found joy put anyone one to sleep.
Neither have I.

Thankfully, Football has neither. Now all those insomniac Spaniards have NFL Football to help them.

You mistook football for Basketball.

Your opinion is irrelevant now :P
I googled 'drooling idiot gif'. You had mentioned the NBA in a previous post. It fit well.

Here's the quote:

Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2013, 12:16:16 AM
Quote from: Aspie on Jul 08, 2013, 12:09:23 AM
Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2013, 12:04:40 AM
NFL football?

The dumb is strong on the forums this day.

There's a reason that America, which possesses all demographics that previously embraced soccer elsewhere, prefers NFL football over soccer. We have our own National Soccer League here, but no one watches it.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii71/Jeter0124/perkinsceltics.gif

YOU DIDN'T EVEN QUOTE THE INSTANCE WHERE I MENTIONED THE NBA :P

And as a Tennis viewer,  YOU KNOW NOTHING OF EXCITEMENT.

BANE

BANE

Quiet you! Go back to watching sports involving ten seconds of running and four minutes of waiting, REPEAT FOR HOURS.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2013, 12:35:04 AM
Quiet you! Go back to watching sports involving ten seconds of running and four minutes of waiting, REPEAT FOR HOURS.

A sneak peek of the Wimbledon match today:

BANE

BANE

Wow, original! Using my own metaphor against me.

A sneak peek at a football match:
Spoiler

Oh wait, sorry, that's the original men's version! Apologies.

Here's a sneak peek at an NFL football match:
Spoiler

Alright guys, let's stand here another...COACH! HOW LONG'S IT BEEN?!? Ok, 2 more minutes of standing around, then we'll huddle and throw and run for ten seconds, then back to Gatorade. All good?
[close]
[close]

SM

SM

Wassat coach?  I can't hear you under all this body armour because we're all such pussholes.

BANE

BANE

AMURRICA! f**k YEAH!

We have developed helmets to protect the skulls of our players. What's that? The players are getting more concussions now than before? Damn. And I thought this was such a good idea. Well, at least we've got Basketball which we stole from Canada, and which has allowed American giants to find work in places other than warehouses with high shelves.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2013, 12:48:35 AM
Wow, original! Using my own metaphor against me.

A sneak peek at a football match:
Spoiler

Oh wait, sorry, that's the original men's version! Apologies.

Here's a sneak peek at an NFL football match:
Spoiler

Alright guys, let's stand here another...COACH! HOW LONG'S IT BEEN?!? Ok, 2 more minutes of standing around, then we'll huddle and throw and run for ten seconds, then back to Gatorade. All good?

[close]
[close]

I, too, can post violent instances from my sport. Except mine are better, and more frequent.

Quote from: SM on Jul 08, 2013, 12:49:58 AM
Wassat coach?  I can't hear you under all this body armour because we're all such pussholes.

1. We're discussing entertainment value.

2. Football is the most dangerous professional sport in the world. You don't go sky diving without your parachute.

BANE

BANE

QuoteI, too, can post violent instances from my sport. Except mine are better, and more frequent.
Nope.

Quote2. Football is the most dangerous professional sport in the world.
Nope.

Cvalda

Cvalda

wow violent sports hardcore oh yeah

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2013, 12:59:45 AM
QuoteI, too, can post violent instances from my sport. Except mine are better, and more frequent.
Nope.

Quote2. Football is the most dangerous professional sport in the world.
Nope.

Team organized. Bull riding be damned.

QuoteWe have developed helmets to protect the skulls of our players. What's that? The players are getting more concussions now than before? Damn I thought this was such a good idea
TELL ME MORE ABOUT RUGBY'S SPOTLESS RECORD

BANE

BANE

Football has many more concussions than Rugby, because Football players lead with their head, as the helmet makes them feel invulnerable.

QuoteTeam organized. Bull riding be damned.
Where are you getting this from?

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Jul 08, 2013, 01:07:10 AM
Football has many more concussions than Rugby, because Football players lead with their head, as the helmet makes them feel invulnerable.

QuoteTeam organized. Bull riding be damned.
Where are you getting this from?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/876512-ranking-sports-from-least-to-most-dangerous-including-nfl-nba-nhl-and-soccer/page/11

Team organized, and there are many more articles like it (notice how Rugby is lower on the list than NFL football)

BANE

BANE

There's all sorts of lists like that I saw when I was searching. I found hockey in the mix with rugby and football exchanging top positions, as well as some Australian rules football and other such sports.

Anyway, I don't really feel like this argument is going anywhere.

So:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2013/07/07/quebec-train-derailment-explosion-lac-megantic.html

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

NFL?  Please, nowhere near as dangerous as,

Curling,
Aussie Rules,
Rugby League,

I've played your version of Football, Rugby league and our football.  Worst I got playing American football was a slight concussion, Rugby league a broken nose, jaw and arm and strangely enough two broken legs, two broken ankles, broken fingers, broken arm and a fractured eye socket playing soccer.  Now I'm not saying soccer is a tough sport in the slightest, I'm just unlucky, but the NFL is no where near as tough as Rugby League

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed