In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,292 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2013, 08:48:34 PM
Those Jamie Lee rumors are really tired and mean-spirited.
It was either that or the teenage model on house that turned out to be genetically male. Figured I'd would take heat no matter what I said.

And hermaphroditism is a spectrum-- I don't see it being different from intersex, unless you're referring specifically to someone with fully functioning male and female parts.

And why the sudden urge to educate me? That article provided almost no information about the person's anatomy, so it came off as one of those stories where a person gives birth on the toilet not knowing they were pregnant.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 07, 2013, 09:03:00 PM
And hermaphroditism is a spectrum
In other animals. It's not a term used in human medicine.

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Jun 07, 2013, 09:03:00 PM
And why the sudden urge to educate me? That article provided almost no information about the person's anatomy, so it came off as one of those stories where a person gives birth on the toilet not knowing they were pregnant.
Why the sudden urge to even bother blathering rubbish in response to it?

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2013, 09:07:40 PM
Why the sudden urge to even bother blathering rubbish in response to it?
The article made no sense.
I expressed my confusion.
People misinterpret this as I having zero knowledge of the human body.
I continue to respond to what is posted, which is the purpose of participating on a forum, and not unreasonable at all.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2013, 08:48:34 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/teen-girl-vagina-pregnant-sperm-survival-oral-sex/story?id=9732562

Almost as good as the girl who got pregnant from a bullet that first past through the testicles of a union soldier in the American Civil War.

Quote from: BANE on Jun 07, 2013, 08:57:38 PM
How did they even start?

I dunno but they've been around for decades and decades. I simply have heard, and read that she was a hermaphrodite.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 07, 2013, 09:16:10 PM
Almost as good as the girl who got pregnant from a bullet that first past through the testicles of a union soldier in the American Civil War.
No way. Link?

I dunno but they've been around for decades and decades. I simply have heard, and read that she was a hermaphrodite.
I'm sure that didn't stop you from getting excited during True Lies :P

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2013, 09:19:29 PM
No way. Link?

It was supposedly the origin of the phrase "Son of a Gun." So I'd say you can pretty much file it under Fiction.

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2013, 09:19:29 PM
I'm sure that didn't stop you from getting excited during True Lies :P

Do it doucement. Do it slowly.

Spoiler
[close]

Fun Fact ... one of the hottest women I know is a few millimeters short of being a registered hermaphrodite.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 07, 2013, 09:37:56 PM
... one of the hottest women I know is a few millimeters short of being a registered hermaphrodite.
Your choice of words there produces further questions.  ;) :P

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: LarsVader on Jun 07, 2013, 09:47:09 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 07, 2013, 09:37:56 PM
... one of the hottest women I know is a few millimeters short of being a registered hermaphrodite.
Your choice of words there produces further questions.  ;) :P

SiL

SiL

If people were confused and wanted slightly more information, they could've gone to the article and clicked through the source link there.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I've never heard this rumour about Jamie Lee Curtis but the more I think about it the more it almost makes sense, those slightly boyish looks and with her short 80's haircut hmmm. She always did look a bit like a tomboy, I think Hilary Swank is the same (not just cos of that one film I might add).

SiL

SiL

It doesn't make any sense outside of people being arseholes.

Effectz

Effectz

Is it an Urban Myth or is she a man,I've heard this shit before from a friend.

LoL who made that up.

Cvalda

Cvalda

For f**k sake.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/jamie.asp

QuoteIt is a telling commentary on the skewed importance we give any matter relating to sexuality that this rumor exists at all. Numerous children come into the world less than perfectly formed, yet no stigma is attached to those who require surgery to repair a malfunctioning heart, a disorder of the digestive system, or almost any other condition unrelated to gender. Yet when the question of sexuality is raised, it's all whispers behind hands and meaningful looks.

As only someone who has seen True Lies can say, if that's not all woman, then maybe we need to rethink what is. And while we're at it, let's see if we can't rethink what's a fit topic for gossip and what isn't.
/topic

Vickers

Vickers

People should spend more time worrying about the fact that this is of such concern to them in the first place.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 08, 2013, 08:17:18 AM
For f**k sake.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/jamie.asp

QuoteIt is a telling commentary on the skewed importance we give any matter relating to sexuality that this rumor exists at all. Numerous children come into the world less than perfectly formed, yet no stigma is attached to those who require surgery to repair a malfunctioning heart, a disorder of the digestive system, or almost any other condition unrelated to gender. Yet when the question of sexuality is raised, it's all whispers behind hands and meaningful looks.

As only someone who has seen True Lies can say, if that's not all woman, then maybe we need to rethink what is. And while we're at it, let's see if we can't rethink what's a fit topic for gossip and what isn't.
/topic

Well all that article does it make me think the rumour is true lol I highly doubt the rumour would start because the public were jealous, that's ridiculous. It would happen a lot more if that were the case.

To be honest the whole thing sounds quite possible, I don't see why some might think its a malicious rumour. Embarrassing and awkward yes but maybe that's cos it true.

It doesn't bother me either way, things like this aren't taboo in my eyes, but it's interesting to hear simple as that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed