In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,844 times)

SM

SM

One person who isn't representative of humanity as a whole isn't worth the tears.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I might as well say it: this can only happen in America.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 30, 2013, 05:31:47 AM

But it happened in Britain.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It also said that she was an American Divorcee.

Aspie

Aspie

IN BRITAIN

SM

SM

But obviously a result of American divorce.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Apr 30, 2013, 05:38:33 AM
IN BRITAIN

It ain't Britain's fault, brudda.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 30, 2013, 05:31:47 AM

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I know.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 30, 2013, 05:45:13 AM
I know.

Ah, I see what you're saying now brudda.

ShadowPred

DoomRulz

Cvalda

Cvalda

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/30/stop_mocking_adam_holland/

QuoteThe Hollands filed the suit against Cox Media, claiming "invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, defamation and emotional distress" after the image of Adam, who was born with Down Syndrome, began appearing as a punchline on various Web sites. Most notably, Cox's Florida radio station WHPT-FM's Cowhead Show reportedly altered the photo of Adam to make it appear he was holding a sign touting its "Retarded News."

The station's director has apologized, sort of, by issuing an email that says, "The segment 'Retarded News' is designed to highlight odd stories that are seemingly always in the news. Stories such as botched bank robberies and failed crimes. These stories are NOT about disabled individuals." I guess if you're using the image of someone with Down Syndrome on your "Retarded News," but not actually talking about people with Down Syndrome, he thinks it's somehow okay.

People are cruel little shits. :(

Aspie

Aspie

-_-

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 30, 2013, 03:53:01 PM
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/30/stop_mocking_adam_holland/

QuoteThe Hollands filed the suit against Cox Media, claiming "invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, defamation and emotional distress" after the image of Adam, who was born with Down Syndrome, began appearing as a punchline on various Web sites. Most notably, Cox's Florida radio station WHPT-FM's Cowhead Show reportedly altered the photo of Adam to make it appear he was holding a sign touting its "Retarded News."

The station's director has apologized, sort of, by issuing an email that says, "The segment 'Retarded News' is designed to highlight odd stories that are seemingly always in the news. Stories such as botched bank robberies and failed crimes. These stories are NOT about disabled individuals." I guess if you're using the image of someone with Down Syndrome on your "Retarded News," but not actually talking about people with Down Syndrome, he thinks it's somehow okay.

People are cruel little shits. :(

Sadly, there are so many bigots who think behaviour like this is okay because "it's only words" or "we're not physically harming them." I don't really understand it. It takes more energy coming up with different excuses as to why it's okay than it would take to try to understand or imagine yourself in another person's situation.

People will only mentally grow as far as they're willing to. Prejudice is just an indication of immaturity and lack of education.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed