In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,381 times)

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: BANE on Apr 18, 2013, 03:49:26 PM
glennbeck.com

For all your bullshit needs. We even sell it as fertilizer! That's how strong our verbal bullshit is.

Glennbeck.com. A haven for shit.

I tried to look for other news sources. The point is, it doesn't matter who is presenting that news, what matters is what the news is about. This has substance, we finally have a lead in the bombing.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Vertigo on Apr 18, 2013, 05:14:49 PM
Er, no they don't. They mainly try to kill as many people as possible, and create as much terror as possible. They're genocidal psychopaths, not political activists.

They are just as political as they are religious psychopaths. Islamism is by definition political. It's a politicized activist (and quite often militant and extreme) take and stance on Islam as the means on how to run a society and its people. A kind of major and well coordinated attack like this one, if it would've been Islamist terrorists, on foreign soil (foreign to them), would not have been aimed at something as trivial as a marathon. Sure, it causes terror and has an impact on our society and such, but still. A marathon?

Then, on the other hand, it could be an isolated Islamist terror group/cell who are not that picky and are acting on their own. Who knows?

Maybe they're trying out new strategies and tactics?

Even so I still think this terrorist attack is way more domestic than that and has very little to do with our shortcomings in the Middle-East.

QuoteIt is unusual for them not to take credit, but we have no idea about the circumstances of whoever did it. Maybe it's an isolated cell who intended to leave the country before releasing videos, or something like that.

Like I said, who knows? My bets are still on what's brewing in our own backyard.

QuoteThough again, as Islamic extremist terrorists are motivated by beliefs rather than a political agenda, they don't actually further their aims by taking credit.

Well, if you are a person who believes there is a holy war going on and you want to fire up your fellow holy warriors all over the world, one of the best ways to set that spark aflame is to take 'credit' for it: "We blew up x! Now follow our lead! The game is on" ...or something like that. Saying "we did it" inspires the like-minded.

And like I wrote earlier in this post Islamic extremists (aka Militant Islamists aka Islamist Activists aka Islamist Extremists etc.) are very much political. Islamism = Just another case of religion and politics conjoined instead of being separated.

Aspie

Aspie

glennbeck.com

For all your bullshit needs. We even sell it as fertilizer! That's how strong our verbal bullshit is.

This thread makes lol so damn hard sometimes.

JCGAuthor

JCGAuthor

Regarding the video: May I just say....if a fetilizer plant is on fire -- how crazy do you have to be to pull up with a camera and a bag of popcorn?

That was a good warning to rubberneckers and gawkers everywhere. Glad they're OK, but still.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 18, 2013, 06:09:56 PM
glennbeck.com

I tried to look for other news sources. The point is, it doesn't matter who is presenting that news, what matters is what the news is about. This has substance, we finally have a lead in the bombing.

It matters a lot actually. Learning technical reporting in college knowing the 'who' helps greatly in deciding whether an article or journal, etc, is reliable or not.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

I guess he isn't being deported after all.

http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/terrorism/294839-saudi-student-hurt-in-bombing-not-a-suspect-not-being-deported

And I guess there is now a "cover-up" about it too.

http://www.infowars.com/obama-covering-up-saudi-link-to-boston-bombing/

They are not telling us the whole truth. Why must hide it?

SM

SM

QuoteThe point is, it doesn't matter who is presenting that news, what matters is what the news is about.

:laugh:

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

News is news. Just be careful of those biased people that put a spin on such reports.

BANE

BANE

Which means that it does matter who is reporting the news...

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Just getting better and better!

SM

SM

Quote from: BANE on Apr 18, 2013, 10:21:16 PM

Except when it conforms to Rick's own preferences and biases - then it doesn't.

BANE

BANE

Hey y'all, I'm Rick. Welcome to my world of nonsense! I've got hamburgers in hotdog buns to your left, and tea being made in a coffee pot to your right!

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Btw. FBI have two "suspects", or more like leads, concerning the Boston bombings... Two 25-35 something dudes with baseball caps dressing like any Joe Shmoe that age.

And just for fun, ethnicity of the suspects still remains unknown... ...But they do look kind of "whitish"... ...but if you're into the whole Muslims! thing these blurry pictures might pass for some kind of westernized non-Israeli Middle-Easterners. We'll know in a few hours or so whether these guys are one of those dreaded terrorist Muslim demons or if they are just two harmless good old American boys who just happened to make a bad choice in their lives and thus we'll forget about what they did the next time another terrorist attack happens on our soil and the media starts implying that it had to be Muslims who did it... Because the fact that the absolute majority of all terrorist attacks in the US are executed by right-wing extremist organizations and people just doesn't seem to matter. It's just way more fun when it's a bearded brown man in a turban isn't it?

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: SM on Apr 18, 2013, 10:33:31 PM
Quote from: BANE on Apr 18, 2013, 10:21:16 PM

Except when it conforms to SM's own preferences and biases - then it doesn't.

SM

SM

There are times, when I think - 'You know, I think sometimes people are a bit too hard on young Rick'.

Then there's the rest of the time...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed