In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,312 times)

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2013, 06:34:38 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 06:10:02 PM
An atheist won't say, "I'm killing you in the name of atheism" the same way a fundie says, "I'm killing you in the name of God". It's that lack of belief in something higher that to them, justifies their crime.
DoomRulz is slowly morphing into KirklandSignature with statements like these.

And Kirkland is making more and more sense lately. What is going on? :'(

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 29, 2013, 07:36:36 PM
An atheist won't say, "I'm killing you in the name of atheism" the same way a fundie says, "I'm killing you in the name of God". It's that lack of belief in something higher that to them, justifies their crime.

Not in this thread...Where's he making sense?  ???

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: BANE on Mar 29, 2013, 07:54:31 PM

Not in this thread...Where's he making sense?  ???

Well, mostly the General Film/TV Discussion board. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

So...your argument is, "I'm wrong, your right, have a nice day"? Because you haven't provided any evidence to counter my claim.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 08:08:14 PM
So...your argument is, "I'm wrong, your right, have a nice day"? Because you haven't provided any evidence to counter my claim.
LMAO. Burden of proof is on you.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I gave you examples of atheists who have committed atrocities and you didn't like it. On you now.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 08:12:20 PM
I gave you examples of atheists who have committed atrocities and you didn't like it. On you now.
No. You never actually responded to my question in the first place, you just pulled out some silly list of people who were atheists and also did bad things. You never established a causal relation between their atheism and the things they did. You're just spinning a load of crap.

Vickers

Vickers

No, you gave us a list of people who have committed atrocities and who happen to be atheist. Maybe there's a list of people who like the colour blue who have committed atrocities. Do they give people who like the colour blue a bad name?

People killing for religion are in far greater numbers than people who kill and happen to be atheist.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You're still wrong. According to official numbers, World War 2 has the highest death toll of 20th century wars, even more so than conflicts that were religiously driven like the Crusades, for instance.

Don't believe me? See for yourself.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 08:21:44 PM
You're still wrong. According to official numbers, World War 2 has the highest death toll of 20th century wars, even more so than conflicts that were religiously driven like the Crusades, for instance.

So? What on Earth does the death toll of WWII have to do with this?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 08:12:20 PM

Yeah, NONE actually.

Bane already said it best:

Quote from: BANE on Mar 29, 2013, 03:13:36 AM
Nobody does anything in the name of atheism because atheism is, in and of itself, nothing at all. If they did, I'd be more astounded that they deliberately did something in the name of nothing.

Sorry, Doom...but you got nothing here.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2013, 08:23:40 PM

Vickers said that people killing in religion are in far greater numbers than anyone else. Look at the list I posted and you'll notice that wars created by religion don't even make the list.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 08:26:54 PM
Vickers said that people killing in religion are in far greater numbers than anyone else.
No he did't ::)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2013, 08:27:33 PM
Vickers said that people killing in religion are in far greater numbers than anyone else.
No he did't ::)

Quote from: Vickers on Mar 29, 2013, 08:17:23 PM
People killing for religion are in far greater numbers than people who kill and happen to be atheist.

I must be seeing things.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 29, 2013, 08:23:40 PM

Vickers said that people killing in religion are in far greater numbers than anyone else. Look at the list I posted and you'll notice that wars created by religion don't even make the list.

Go read a history book. Hell, even an Art History class.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed