In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,472 times)

BANE

BANE

Nobody does anything in the name of atheism because atheism is, in and of itself, nothing at all. If they did, I'd be more astounded that they deliberately did something in the name of nothing.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: BANE on Mar 29, 2013, 03:13:36 AM
Nobody does anything in the name of atheism because atheism is, in and of itself, nothing at all.

Exactly.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not committing a crime in the name of atheism isn't the point. And in the case of individuals like Bonaparte, Pol Pot, Mussolini, and even Hitler I would argue, atheism could be said to be part of their crimes as they were very anti-religion. Heck, they were anti-culture which is even worse. Religious fundies may be nuts but even they haven't tried to rewrite a country's cultural system starting from day one (see: Year Zero during the reign of the Khmer Rouge for reference).

Vickers

Vickers

You honestly believe that religious nutjobs haven't and aren't trying to rewrite cultural systems?

BANE

BANE

Religion pretty much wrote them in the first place. Why would they rewrite them?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They don't seem to be getting very far. The only regime that I know for sure managed to do that with any level of success were the Khmer Rouge and they were, guess what, atheist.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Why do people keep saying that Hitler was atheist?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

He was very anti-semitic, along with not being fond of religion in general.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

He wasn't, he believed in an "adapted" version of Christianity. A version that shot down a lot of teachings because he believed Christianity as we know it was a religion for slaves and that it was rebellion against natural selection and survival of the fittest. His version sought to eliminate all Jewish elements from the religion and add in Nazi philosophy.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Not sure if I can be bothered to get into this again...

Yet all these misnomers about Hitler is kinda sad... like people don't pick up history books anymore.

Mm just dunno...

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 03:19:28 AM
Not committing a crime in the name of atheism isn't the point.
Yes, it very much is. When I give an example of a religious person misbehaving, I at least show the connection between their religious beliefs and their behavior.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

This guy perplexes me on so many levels. It is apparent he has no moral or ethical compass so that makes him not even a human from my moral/ethical standpoint. Some of the people I know use this kid as an example of an atheist killer and it pisses me off because even the most hardline atheists have compassion and altruism for other human beings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chardon_High_School_shooting

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Crazy people are crazy regardless of their religion or lack thereof.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: maledoro on Mar 29, 2013, 01:59:28 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 03:19:28 AM
Not committing a crime in the name of atheism isn't the point.
Yes, it very much is. When I give an example of a religious person misbehaving, I at least show the connection between their religious beliefs and their behavior.

An atheist won't say, "I'm killing you in the name of atheism" the same way a fundie says, "I'm killing you in the name of God". It's that lack of belief in something higher that to them, justifies their crime.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2013, 06:10:02 PM
An atheist won't say, "I'm killing you in the name of atheism" the same way a fundie says, "I'm killing you in the name of God". It's that lack of belief in something higher that to them, justifies their crime.
DoomRulz is slowly morphing into KirklandSignature with statements like these.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed