In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,512 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 07, 2013, 05:57:08 PM
I'd go in the opposite direction. The human race is the only species on planet that has been able to actually stop and ask the question "Is this wrong?" We're the only one. The very fact that we have the capacity to condemn ourselves is demonstration enough that we as a species are not evil. For all the senseless slaughter and brutality to be found in our species there is also something you seldom see in the large scale in other animals. We save our sick and injured, we create animal preserves and protected lands, we replant forests, we have hospitals and members of our species solely dedicated to helping other animals. Billions dedicated to feeding starving populations, billions in medical research.
Just because a tiny smidgeon of the population occasionally stops to navel gaze doesn't mean they'll actually do anything that's really impactful in the long run. At least when other animals commit atrocities they do it from a place of innocence (except dolphins and some others, possibly).

And billions of dollars ain't nothing, considering our country's national debt alone is in the trillions :laugh:

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

well as i was saying, we're just another species and Kirkland doesn't understand the most obvious verbal tropes.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 07, 2013, 06:08:49 PMwell as i was saying, we're just another species and Kirkland doesn't understand the most obvious verbal tropes.
Nor much of anything else.
;)

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2013, 05:27:14 PM
Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 07, 2013, 05:13:19 PM
Are humans preventing cats and dogs from evolving further? both species are fairly intelligent and I wonder if in the next few thousands of years will see them evolve into sapient creatures. If one branch of mammals can, why not them? Is this flawed logic in thinking that since primates evolved sentience, they can as well?
Dogs are already very smart.

What makes you think cats would ever get to even dog level?

Pack mentality and artificial selection. Once cats realize the benefits of being in a cohesive pack group, I would think they would be on par with the social structure of dogs. That doesnt mean they would be as advanced but it would even the playing field a bit. Feral cats sometimes form loose colonies so maybe any future desendants of these ferals could branch out to pack mentality having felines. It  certainly exists in the cat family since lions live in packs as well. Have felids been on Earth longer than the canines?

You would think that since both cats and dogs depend on humans to survive, we are preventing progress since they dont have a need to biologically change. Sort of how some people say humans have stopped evolving because of technological improvements in healthcare and medicine.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Lions live in prides.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 07, 2013, 07:18:20 PM
Lions live in prides.

Pride is just the term given to a "pack" of lions. Pack is technically the term for a group of wolves, wild dogs and various other animals (especially canids) but it's often used by people just to mean group in general - you might say a pack of hyenas is called a clan, or a pack of rhinos is called a crash.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

...so? they're still felids living in social groups.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

lulz N. Korea, sit the f**k down.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrga8njz6Z8#ws

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Mar 08, 2013, 09:19:01 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/08/world/asia/north-korea-sanctions/?hpt=hp_t1

http://25.media.tumblr.com/6ae1efb1feeb864a01c14aebb957a8e3/tumblr_mhwciuvZoF1rjqzc1o1_400.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H_m1owwrh54#

While they may feel the U.S isn't ready for war, keep in mind they weren't ready for WW2 either.

Plus I know nations like Canada are willing to honour an old alliance. Japan seems interested. I have doubts China will support North Korea, unless the U.S gets to close to the Chinese border or something.

Gate

Gate

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well yeah, pretty much. I honestly believe no country in the world has the balls to launch a nuclear missile. They cause too much devastation and the fallout, from what I know, is pretty far-reaching.

m41guy

m41guy

Ain't goin to do it...

no balls....N. korea

Sorry, alll AvP, I'm reallyu drunk atm....please foregive me.

EEV2650

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

That was posted a while ago. I think it was pretty cool. As for NK, from what I've been told that if they nuke the US, the missile will be intercepted. If they launch at South Korea, they'll kill themselves. NK reminds me of those little kids that you see at playgrounds that try to act cute by acting so tough when they are really not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed