In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,285 times)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

He wasn't a very bad person. He wasn't a very good one either. I appreciated how passionate he was and that's pretty much my opinion on the subject.

R.I.P.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 05, 2013, 08:48:52 PM
Nice little random story.

clicky

Thank you for brightening up my evening. It's little things like this that renew my faith in humanity.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Mar 05, 2013, 10:12:32 PM
Hugo Chavez is dead.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/world/americas/venezuela-chavez-main/index.html

Just hours before the announcement of Chavez's death, relations between the two countries appeared to be souring, as Venezuelan officials said they were expelling two U.S. Embassy officials and accused them of plotting to destabilize the country.

The U.S. officials, both air attaches at the U.S. Embassy in Caracas, are accused of having meetings with members of the Venezuelan military and encouraging them to pursue "destabilizing projects," Venezuelan Foreign Minister Elias Jaua said.
"We will not allow any foreign interference in our country," Jaua said. "Do not think that the situation of pain over the health of President Chavez will translate into weakness."

State Department spokesman Patrick Ventrell, speaking before the announcement of Chavez's death, denied the accusations.

Opinion: Chavez used force of personality to win votes, influence leaders

"Notwithstanding the significant differences between our governments, we continue to believe it important to seek a functional and more productive relationship with Venezuela based on issues of mutual interest," he said. "This fallacious assertion of inappropriate U.S. action leads us to conclude that, unfortunately, the current Venezuelan government is not interested an improved relationship."

A Pentagon spokesman confirmed that two air attaches had been expelled from Venezuela. Air Force Col. David Delmonaco was on his way back to the United States on Tuesday, Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Todd Breasseale said. Assistant Air Attache Devlin Kostal had been in the United States for training and will not return to Venezuela, Breasseale said.
After announcing the expulsion of one attache, Maduro -- addressing the media in a lengthy statement -- asserted that someday there will be "scientific proof" that Chavez was somehow infected by outsiders.

"An assertion that the United States was somehow involved in causing President Chavez's illness is absurd, and we definitively reject it," Ventrell said.

It isn't the first time that a Venezuelan government official has implied that a plot could be behind Chavez's cancer.
Chavez made the assertion himself in 2011, saying at a military event in Caracas that he wondered whether the United States could be infecting Latin American leaders with the illness.

The CIA is trying too hard.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

how did they found out about the satellite-mounted cancer gun?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Apparently a man died in Florida because he went down with his house as it all fell through a sinkhole.

What a way to go.

I know why there a sinkhole. In my college we've talked a bit how the southern states want to use a pipe to take freshwater from the Great Lakes, the northern states and Canada are against this. I'm against it because 70% of the Great Lakes is glacial water which means if consumed faster than it can recharge it will never return until after the next ice age melts away, we depend on that water and it's one of the world's finest natural treasures, though taken for granted. The southern states want our freshwater because they are really good at consuming their own freshwater from their own aquifers faster than they can recharge.

When an aquifer goes dry it becomes a hollow space, what the house fell through.

Well this is at least from what I know off by heart.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 06, 2013, 03:51:37 AM

Satellite intelligence.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 06, 2013, 03:57:18 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 06, 2013, 03:51:37 AM

Satellite intelligence.

more like ARMY INTELLIGENCE, AMIRITE?

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 06, 2013, 03:51:52 AM
Apparently a man died in Florida because he went down with his house as it all fell through a sinkhole.

What a way to go.

I know why there a sinkhole. In my college we've talked a bit how the southern states want to use a pipe to take freshwater from the Great Lakes, the northern states and Canada are against this. I'm against it because 70% of the Great Lakes is glacial water which means if consumed faster than it can recharge it will never return until after the next ice age melts away, we depend on that water and it's one of the world's finest natural treasures, though taken for granted. The southern states want our freshwater because they are really good at consuming their own freshwater from their own aquifers faster than they can recharge.

When an aquifer goes dry it becomes a hollow space, what the house fell through.

Something tells me you either:

a). Don't read comments before you post

or

b). Chose to ignore me.

or

c). We both have telekinetic mind powers and can read each others minds, for this is the second time both of us have talked about the same thing. First being Harrison Ford in Anchorman 2, and second being I just talked about this yesterday.  :laugh:

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Mar 06, 2013, 05:33:15 AM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 06, 2013, 03:51:52 AM

What a way to go.

Something tells me you either:

a). Don't read comments before you post

or

b). Chose to ignore me.

or

c). We both have telekinetic mind powers and can read each others minds, for this is the second time both of us have talked about the same thing. First being Harrison Ford in Anchorman 2, and second being I just talked about this yesterday.  :laugh:

Probably 'b.'

Spoiler
Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)
[close]

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

B is for Banjo.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

For bingo was his name-O!

SiL

SiL

And somehow we had two people post the same story without actually linking to anything.

Woo.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2013, 08:50:40 AM
And somehow we had two people post the same story without actually linking to anything.

Woo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwCZjGO6HIA#

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2013, 08:50:40 AM

Woo.

I heard it on the T.V.

Just looked it up. Apparently not the whole house went down (must of heard it wrong), but a man did die, his whole bedroom fell through, furniture and everything.

http://gma.yahoo.com/florida-man-swallowed-sinkhole-under-bedroom-163420414.html

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Need more teens like this in the world. Perhaps nowadays more than ever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed