In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,336 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Cvalda

Cvalda

Hey, new page! Let's shift the ignorant dumbf**kery to some other topic!

In Scientific First, Researchers Link Two Rats' Brains via Computer

QuoteResearchers implanted one set of electrodes in the brain of the rat in Brazil, and another set of electrodes in the brain of a second rat at Duke University. Via an Internet connection, they set it up so that a signal from the brain of the rat in Brazil would be sent, in simplified form, directly to the brain of the rat in North Carolina. The rat in North Carolina also faced two levers, but had no information to go on as to which one to press—except for the signal coming from the first rat's brain.

The test: Could the rat in North Carolina press the correct lever, based on the width of the opening in the enclosure of the rat in Brazil? Six or seven times out of 10, it did.

Ghost in the Shell is gonna arrive right. on. time.

SM

SM

Vickers

Vickers

Just when you think we've advanced as a human race, you get some ignorant posts as some have displayed in this thread.

"This person is different from me... that is wrong!"

Translation: "I'm an idiot. I don't care to understand people. Living in bubbles is easier."

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 01, 2013, 12:53:38 AM
Hey, new page! Let's shift the ignorant dumbf**kery to some other topic!

In Scientific First, Researchers Link Two Rats' Brains via Computer

QuoteResearchers implanted one set of electrodes in the brain of the rat in Brazil, and another set of electrodes in the brain of a second rat at Duke University. Via an Internet connection, they set it up so that a signal from the brain of the rat in Brazil would be sent, in simplified form, directly to the brain of the rat in North Carolina. The rat in North Carolina also faced two levers, but had no information to go on as to which one to press—except for the signal coming from the first rat's brain.

The test: Could the rat in North Carolina press the correct lever, based on the width of the opening in the enclosure of the rat in Brazil? Six or seven times out of 10, it did.

Ghost in the Shell is gonna arrive right. on. time.

More likely a scizophrenia epidemic, but that might just be what we need right now. :P

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

what's everyones take on the recent horse meat hoopla in the UK/Europe region? If someone were to prepare a sirloin steak and a similar cut of horse meat, would there be a noticable difference in taste/texture?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/10/world/europe/uk-horsemeat-probe

Eva

Eva

No idea, never tasted horse. It's not a health issue though, more of a trust issue over here. Trust or mistrust of the suppliers. Eating horse meat is perfectly safe if cooked properly, but that goes for all kinds of meat.

The occasional food scandals in China, now that's the real deal. Poisonous/heavy metals in milk and what have you...

Valaquen

Valaquen

"I'm so hungry I can eat a horse" has never been funnier over here.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Eva on Mar 01, 2013, 06:25:20 PM
No idea, never tasted horse. It's not a health issue though, more of a trust issue over here. Trust or mistrust of the suppliers. Eating horse meat is perfectly safe if cooked properly, but that goes for all kinds of meat.

The occasional food scandals in China, now that's the real deal. Poisonous/heavy metals in milk and what have you...

Is it because the suppliers are trying to cut costs by using horse meats instead of beef? what's the average price for 1lb of ground beef in the UK? If it's expensive, it wouldnt surprise me if they were cutting their beef products with cheaper horse meat. I don't even know if horse meat is cheaper, its not really found here in the US, at least i haven't seen any around.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I'm not eating a pony  >:( I'll eat gator, but not pony.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Deathbearer on Mar 01, 2013, 08:44:22 PM

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Horse meat is something I'm curious to try.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 01, 2013, 08:48:35 PM
Horse meat is something I'm curious to try.

Go to Europe.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 01, 2013, 08:46:20 PM
Quote from: Deathbearer on Mar 01, 2013, 08:44:22 PM

DAMN YOU! THIS ACT OF GENOCIDE IS UNCONSCIONABLE!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed