In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,414,487 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Feb 01, 2013, 06:34:03 PM
Of course, you don't hear about this story on the news  ::)

QuoteSo maybe armed guards aren't necessarily a bad thing at schools as many liberals have been arguing. Check out what happened yesterday afternoon in an Atlanta middle school shooting:

A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.

Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown about 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.

Investigators believe that the shooting was not a random incident. The boy who was shot was apparently "alert, conscious and breathing" on the way to Grady Memorial Hospital according to the report. The Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said, "The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector? That's something we do not know yet."

The armed resource officer who took the gun away was off-duty and at the school, but police didn't release details on him or whether he is regularly at Price. Since 20 children and six adults were shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in December, calls for armed officers in every school have resonated across the country.

Charges against the shooter (unnamed) were pending at the time of the report. We will have more updates later as they come in.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/02/33962-armed-guard-stops-middle-school-shooting-prevents-deaths/

Yeah and 1280 gun related deaths since Sandy Hook are a liberal conspiracy too. Thwee cheers for the wed, white and bwue!

Shinawi

Shinawi

I looked up wikipedia to see how often school shootings occur in the United States. I was surprised by what I found: -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States
A lot of these didn't appear in the major news.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

What that list doesn't mention is all of the hostage crises that don't result in the gun actually being fired. The number of general gun incidents is even higher but aren't tabulated according to most states guide lines. So no data exist about that.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/63885.aspx

QuoteSaudi preacher who raped and tortured to death five-year-old girl is ordered by court to pay 'blood money' to mother after having served short jail term

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 03, 2013, 06:57:07 AM
http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/63885.aspx

QuoteSaudi preacher who raped and tortured to death five-year-old girl is ordered by court to pay 'blood money' to mother after having served short jail term
What the fu-...

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

FFS lets change the tone of that one...

Man confronts shark

QuoteWhen the shout of "shark" went up, the terrified grandad sprinted down the beach, spotted the 6ft killer in shallow water...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 03, 2013, 08:23:32 AM
FFS lets change the tone of that one...

Man confronts shark

QuoteWhen the shout of "shark" went up, the terrified grandad sprinted down the beach, spotted the 6ft killer in shallow water...

Too bad you can't make badass mofos like this one anymore.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

In all seriousness, I can only hope I would have the integrity, resolve and (flat out guts) to react like that with absolute conviction.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 03, 2013, 08:37:38 AM
In all seriousness, I can only hope I would have the integrity, resolve and (flat out guts) to react like that with absolute conviction.

I wouldn't be surprised if you wrestled it underwater while stabbing it with punches.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

LOL, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Cvalda

Cvalda

This sounds less like an averted shark attack and more like some guy playing Rambo and wrestling a small shark just cruising by the beach, which is not at all uncommon behavior. "It nearly took my leg off in a split second" -- no shit, that's what happens when you grab and harass a wild animal ::)

lulz, the video. Poor thing.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 03, 2013, 08:45:35 AM
This sounds less like an averted shark attack and more like some guy playing Rambo and wrestling a small shark just cruising by the beach, which is not at all uncommon behavior. "It nearly took my leg off in a split second" -- no shit, that's what happens when you grab and harass a wild animal ::)

Hardly harassing it when he just went up and moved it by the tail because it was too close to the children.

Cvalda

Cvalda

...who weren't even in the water, as seen in the video. Slow news day, eh Mirror?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 03, 2013, 08:51:07 AM
...who weren't even in the water, as seen in the video. Slow news day, eh Mirror?

They could have been sooner or later, and if that Shark was still there, who knows what could have happened. Best to prevent something terrible from happening, don't see the harm in that.

Cvalda

Cvalda

If the shark was still there, the beach would have been closed. Not that that tiny little thing was a threat to anyone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed