SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 16, 2013, 11:30:21 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 16, 2013, 05:22:22 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 16, 2013, 03:16:27 PM
Damn. They've always had the best prices on DVDs and BRs in my area. :(
Apparently they're staying open in Canada. Just the UK branch that's going under.

Yes.
Thank Christ. HMV has always been my first resort for more obscure DVD/Blu-Ray titles. That said, some notable locations in Vancouver have shut down in the past year, including one of the largest in Canada, which was heaven-- three stories of music in multiple forms, DVDs, games, media related books, and Blu-Rays.  :-\

Now there're only two: one in Coquitlam and one in Surrey... which are both on the edge of Metro Vancouver. Shit.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

We still got our two-storey mega-HMV at the mall, and I'm pretty sure there's a rather large one Downtown as well.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 17, 2013, 12:41:25 AM
Apparently they're staying open in Canada. Just the UK branch that's going under.

Yes.
Thank Christ. HMV has always been my first resort for more obscure DVD/Blu-Ray titles. That said, some notable locations in Vancouver have shut down in the past year, including one of the largest in Canada, which was heaven-- three stories of music in multiple forms, DVDs, games, media related books, and Blu-Rays.  :-\

Now there're only two: one in Coquitlam and one in Surrey... which are both on the edge of Metro Vancouver. Shit.

Still plenty around me. If you ever need something you can't find at yours let me know. I can try to pick it up and pop it in the mail.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: coolbreeze on Jan 17, 2013, 01:55:10 AM

Yes.

Still plenty around me. If you ever need something you can't find at yours let me know. I can try to pick it up and pop it in the mail.
Bro.

I would be pleased to some time make a purchase via the Coolbr(o)eeze method.  :)

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 17, 2013, 01:57:05 AM
Quote from: coolbreeze on Jan 17, 2013, 01:55:10 AM

Yes.

Bro.

I would be pleased to some time make a purchase via the Coolbr(o)eeze method.  :)

:laugh: As long as you're ok with slow ass Canada Post.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

I don't know what HMV is.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

DoomRulz

Gates

Gates

This was making the rounds a couple of days ago, and now Yahoo went public with it...

QuoteKid Sends Perfectly Blunt Cover Letter for Wall Street Internship, and Now Tons of People Are Trying to Hire Him

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kid-sends-perfectly-blunt-cover-letter-for-wall-street-internship--and-now-tons-of-people-are-trying-to-hire-him-151518002.html

Master Chief

Master Chief

Haha ..Now kids, although this sounds like a good idea, I don't recommend you copy this cover letter. Just be honest of what you can do and your willingness to keep learning.

I wonder who's going to snatch him up. 8)

maledoro

maledoro

Reminds me of a time when I was blunt with a prospective employer. I had to fill out some job applications to collect unemployment benefits and one of the places called me for an interview. It was one of those rent-to-own vampires that prey on low-income families with high interest rates and overpriced products. I wasn't too wild about being charged with the task of knocking on someone's door just after dinner to repo their TV, so I tried to botch the interview.

The manager asked me what my idea of the perfect job would be and I responded with something like, "I want to sit on my ass all day long and rake in cash." The guy was so desperate for an employee that he made me an offer. Luckily, there was a message on my machine from another place with a much better job which I accepted.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 17, 2013, 03:20:16 PM
Haha ..Now kids, although this sounds like a good idea, I don't recommend you copy this cover letter. Just be honest of what you can do and your willingness to keep learning.

I wonder who's going to snatch him up. 8)

I nearly wrote a similar cover letter just a few days ago actually. It wasn't direct like this, but I broke form just a little bit and attempted to connect with the company on a more personal level. Haven't heard back yet but that was only two days ago.

Master Chief

Master Chief

If they're still taking applications, sit tight.  If not, wait another day or two and give them a call.

What's the position you applied for?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed