Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 490,358 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Russ on Mar 20, 2019, 01:47:43 PM
Quote from: Prez on Mar 18, 2019, 01:23:15 PM
Love, Death + Robots
Watched the first 5 episodes and wow .... ultraviolence, very racy too! Some stories are really out there and I'm loving the whole anthology and differing styles too. My favourite so far is Suits (Giant Mech farmers taking on bug invasions. It's Aliens meets Starship Troopers on the ranch).

Watched the first one - pretty good. I'll go again this evening...

Each episode is both thematically and visually different. It's great. The suits one (Mech farmers is my favourite for obvious reasons).

Russ

Russ

I didn't get round to it, ended up chatting to my daughter all evening about conspiracy theories (she's 14 and that stuff matters)...

I must check out more, though - I enjoyed the first one, but I understand it's getting some heat from some quarters for being sexist and exploitative - some article said that it felt like it had been written by teenage boys such was the level of boobs and gratuitous violence.

I dunno if that is an over-reaction or not, guess I'll have to wait and see.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Mar 21, 2019, 09:33:13 AMI must check out more, though - I enjoyed the first one, but I understand it's getting some heat from some quarters for being sexist and exploitative - some article said that it felt like it had been written by teenage boys such was the level of boobs and gratuitous violence.

Considering it's a psuedo-reboot of the Heavy Metal film, my response to those complaints would be, "What the f*ck did you expect?" I'm all in favour of more equality in film, but that doesn't mean everything that gets made has to be sanitised.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

While some episodes have violence and some nudity in it, it always fits well in the style,tone and narrative of the episode.

For me personally it never felt exploitive or sexist. It's not more nudity or violence in it than in other adult themed media like GoT etc.

Huggs

Huggs

Wrapped season 3 of Hannibal on Blu-ray.

The fourth journey has ended.

That ending is still just magnificent.

Unbelievable the quality of that show. Just staggering.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Watched a special on Diane Downs. What an incredibly deranged and disturbed woman.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 08:53:53 PMWrapped season 3 of Hannibal on Blu-ray.

Did it get a proper ending? I was under the impression it got cancelled before they were done.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 23, 2019, 09:13:15 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Mar 22, 2019, 08:53:53 PMWrapped season 3 of Hannibal on Blu-ray.

Did it get a proper ending? I was under the impression it got cancelled before they were done.

It was cancelled, and I believe they were forced to tackle red dragon early. It easily could've been drug out for several more seasons, but they worked some serious magic and wrapped it up rather well. It literally ended on a cliffhanger, but it can stand as it is, if it has to. The ending was very well done. The quality stayed there.

It's coming back at some point though. The cast and crew have been itching for it and negotiations started just a year or so ago. Should be tackling silence of the lambs, so they say.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

There's room for more, but the ending works pretty well.

Huggs

Huggs

Family Guy: Season 2

The Old One

The Old One

The end of Hannibal's perfect, open-ended though.
And the song!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Crime_(song)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Billions.  So good.

Baron Von Marlon

Alien News Desk
It's not always funny but when it is, it's good.

High Maintenance
Started season 3, two episodes in, quite average so far.

Beavis And Butt-Head
Always fun when you had a few.

MudButt

MudButt

The latest episode of the Walking Dead had a real good ending that got rid of a few more main supporting characters.

The quality of the show has improved so much over the last two seasons and it's a shame that it's the season we lost Rick and Maggie. And now we will lose Michonne next season. The only main characters that will be left Daryl and Carol at this point. We still have a few supporting players like Eugene, Rosita, King Ezekiel, and Jerry. We've lost a lot of characters though. The show is almost unrecognizable at this point.

First Blood

First Blood

Everyone I ever cared about from that show is dead. And they died within the first few seasons.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed