The Ending [Spoilers, don't open if not played]

Started by Xenoscream, Oct 10, 2014, 08:39:11 PM

Author
The Ending [Spoilers, don't open if not played] (Read 18,189 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 12, 2014, 07:00:06 AM
It's obviously been left open for sequel, but I wonder can they do a sequel? I thought this was the last game in the franchise that Sega had the rights to.

You're quite right, it was the last game under Sega's current Alien license. The Creative Assembly is a subsidiary of Sega so I doubt we would see a sequel from them published under a different publisher.

Sega might have the option to renew their license but I don't see that happening unless A:I's sales are really exceptionally good.

Predatorium

Can someone explain how she and the aliens were able o walk around on the structure in space? Shouldn't it be zero gravity? The aliens should have been floating around :S

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Predatorium on Oct 12, 2014, 11:43:38 AM
Can someone explain how she and the aliens were able o walk around on the structure in space? Shouldn't it be zero gravity? The aliens should have been floating around :S

I assume the station's artificial gravity field would still be active outside the station.

If you go up to the International Space station you will find that Earth's gravity field is still almost as strong there (about 90%) as it is down here.

The only reason everyone is floating is because they are perpetually free-falling around the earth.

That Yellow Alien

At first I didn't like the ending; it is too abrupt and explicitly leaves the story open.

But upon further reflection, the image of Amanda drifting out into space is a perfect image to represent what the game is about. It literally ends with her alone and isolated in space. That is what the Alien does. It did that to her mother. You can fight it, but it always wins one way or another.

Still a bit too abrupt for me; could have used one last mono e mono with the Alien on the Torrens ala "Alien."

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Xenoscream on Oct 10, 2014, 09:01:20 PM
The light shining on her could be from the ship she's just ejected from or the sun. Still seems like a bit of a pointless ending, a bit like "well if we get to make a sequel you will find out, but hey if we don't you'll just never know"

I agree most likely shes not impregnated, but when she woke up in the hive it was my first thought.

That was an incoming ship, no question.

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Oct 12, 2014, 04:40:17 PM
At first I didn't like the ending; it is too abrupt and explicitly leaves the story open.

But upon further reflection, the image of Amanda drifting out into space is a perfect image to represent what the game is about. It literally ends with her alone and isolated in space. That is what the Alien does. It did that to her mother. You can fight it, but it always wins one way or another.

Still a bit too abrupt for me; could have used one last mono e mono with the Alien on the Torrens ala "Alien."

Totally agree.

nico_celtic

Okay,first off im gonna say this is one of the best games ive ever played in my life,the perfect Alien game for hardcore fans,great atmosphere,graphics,music,the ALIEN!,scary moments etc.
Speaking about the ending,it wasnt bad but i was expecting Amanda to get out safely after everything she endured! but we know that she does indeed survives as it was shown in Aliens but in the end i liked it and it clearly shows what Marlow said,you cat cant beat the Xenomorph,like a lot of you say it wins one way or another.Amanda may have survived but she has lost a lot and she wont forget that traumatic experience.

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: nico_celtic on Oct 12, 2014, 09:16:08 PM
Okay,first off im gonna say this is one of the best games ive ever played in my life,the perfect Alien game for hardcore fans,great atmosphere,graphics,music,the ALIEN!,scary moments etc.
Speaking about the ending,it wasnt bad but i was expecting Amanda to get out safely after everything she endured! but we know that she does indeed survives as it was shown in Aliens but in the end i liked it and it clearly shows what Marlow said,you cat cant beat the Xenomorph,like a lot of you say it wins one way or another.Amanda may have survived but she has lost a lot and she wont forget that traumatic experience.

Some good writing with that quote. The alien always wins. One way or another. Good stuff.

I am convinced a WY ship is the one that flashes its lights onto Amanda. Some poster said it could have been other light sources. LOL.

Doktor Wunderbar

Another light source would not have been so abrupt, and would have been meaningless.  The fact that this light source was the very last fraction of a second of the game's story, and coincided with her appearing to wake up, suggests that it is significant to the story.

My guess is a WY ship as well.  They would have been en route to Sevastopol to pick up their prize, after all.

System Apollo

The ending was incredibly messy to be honest. The moment the aliens huddled together in front of you made me laugh and the open sequel implication merely showed Creative Assembly's lack of story telling. It's a lot easier to leave your endings open than to conclude them.

I much rather see a Aliens vs Predator sequel or reboot with the inspiration of elements from Alien Isolation.

Corporal Hicks

I would disagree. Abnett and Porter closed the story they were telling. We know what happened to Sevestapol, we know the mystery of the Alien and Amanda's had her closure.

What they left open we Amanda's fate. Is it a be contrived to have Amanda experience the same sort of stuff as her mother? Sure. But I can dig how and why she got involved in the first place and I can buy into some continuation of that.

I'd like to see more.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Light shines on her from an approaching ship. (Most likely the Torrens and the whole previous scene aboard it was just a nightmare).

We know from Aliens Special Edition (arguably the directors cut) that she lived to a long age. :P

It isnt really left open.

System Apollo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 13, 2014, 11:27:45 AM
I would disagree. Abnett and Porter closed the story they were telling. We know what happened to Sevestapol, we know the mystery of the Alien and Amanda's had her closure.

What they left open we Amanda's fate. Is it a be contrived to have Amanda experience the same sort of stuff as her mother? Sure. But I can dig how and why she got involved in the first place and I can buy into some continuation of that.

I'd like to see more.
The Sevastopol and the closure were well delivered I think. I especially loved Marlow's character. I think I'm just a bit negative knowing that Amanda's story might not be picked up where it left off. :(

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 13, 2014, 11:29:02 AM
Light shines on her from an approaching ship. (Most likely the Torrens and the whole previous scene aboard it was just a nightmare).

We know from Aliens Special Edition (arguably the directors cut) that she lived to a long age. :P

It isnt really left open.
I can dig the sequence at the end being a nightmare, if this was the case then I would take back my opinion.

Unfortunately I don't follow director cuts as a canonical source but if CA saw it as so I can accept it.

Xenoscream

Maybe she will wake back up in the Hive and the ending was all a facehugger dream >:-)

To be honest I stand by my annoyance at the ending, I mean if she is picked up by a ship why not just show that, could be nice to see her safe. The abrupt ending was done for every character in the game basically, also I would have really liked to see someone else survive, a bit like in System Shock 2 where you read the audio logs of a couple throughout the game and finally see them at the end nab the last escape pod. Hell they could have just copied that, then the Alien could have been on THEIR ship in the end instead of Amanda's, she could have closure and the other ship could have left the game open for a sequel.

Still love the game, and I love it so much I'm almost blind to its flaws... almost... but the characterisation (lack of) / ending is still the weak point for me.

acrediblesource

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 10, 2014, 08:55:32 PM
It was kind of cheap too that you knew something was up from the moment you teleport to the ship (not sure how you get on board?) and you can't take your space suit off. I was expecting to get ejected from the ship at any second.

A good point is made here.
I think the  Ambulance Shuttle is the problem. We never really see the outside of it nor do we get to see how it flew, however it resulted in the transit  being too abrupt and somewhat confusing story telling was.
that is all.

Xenoscream

And also why did no-one use those little ambulance ships?! I would have been waiting it out on one of those!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed