Godzilla
100 (75.2%)
King Kong
25 (18.8%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,505,819 times)

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on May 08, 2021, 01:24:32 AM
Quote from: chrisr232007 on May 06, 2021, 07:08:11 PM
Quote from: AlienatedPredator on May 06, 2021, 05:20:11 PM
I think the scale is messed up constantly. They only look 150 feet tall on the aircraft carrier. Kong looks tiny while chained up in the front of the ship.

Easily the worst of the series. Horrible human element. I actually liked KOTM quite a bit, and G2014 suffered from too little Godzilla. Skull Island is still the best of the bunch.

You do understand that a US Carrier is roughly 1100 feet long and 250 feet wide. As for the ship carrying Kong it looked like a ship carrier which are huge in there own right.

That's nice, but I'm looking at their size compared to the helicopter and command tower.

All still matches up. Plus we don't know how big the carrier is in the movie. Plus the planes look the same size in all the movies.

Huggs

Huggs

4k release on June 15th

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=28551

Digital seems to be around May 20th.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on May 06, 2021, 05:20:11 PM
Skull Island is still the best of the bunch.

I think it's an entertaining and beautiful movie with those Tequila Sunrise colors that remind me of Coopola's Apocalypse Now color palette, a movie that saw the light of day largely because Hollywood studios had not yet been absorbed by entertainment corporations and the executives were true film nerds and not businessmen like today, even though the least thing the US wanted was to see a movie about that lost war. I choose to believe that it was a nice tribute to that director.

The cast is superior to the other Legendary films, with A names like Tom Hiddleston, Samuel L. Jackson, John C. Reilly (I find his character very charismatic  :laugh:), Brie Larson, Jing Tian and John Goodman. So we're back to this lost world out of time, where the human being has been reduced to live hidden, like extinct rodents, on an island dominated by giant monsters; more or less like when mammals lived hidden in underground dens during the Mezzozic era dominated mainly by dinosaurs and other giant reptiles. Even so we see a lost tribe, civilization or culture in most of the movies that feature the Skull Island. And unsurprisingly, Kong has a natural enemy in this installment as well. In the past it was a T. Rex, then a hypothetical descendant of said creature in Peter Jackson's master remake, and now: a huge two legged komodo dragon-mosasaur thing with a bony structure similar to Cubone's skull from Pokemon:laugh:

The Skullcrawler is definitely inspired by King Kong's two-legged lizard from 1933, which appeared to be an inhabitant of the pit ecosystem, and can beibg seen when Jack suvirved after King Kong destroyed the log bridge. The creature was climbing to reach Jack, but he quickly grabbed a dagger and cut the vine, making the lizard fall into the chasm.

That said, I did like the creatures from the Legendary remake, although I must admit I did miss the dinosaurs a bit. I must be biased since I'm a paleo nerd. There were pterosaur-like creatures, which although not dinosaurs, seem to suggest that life forms similar to the fauna of the Mezozoic could inhabit Legendary Skull Island, in addition to a triceratop skull, which I imagine is part of the menu of the Skullcrawler species. But gosh! that fictional triceratop must be hugeeeee!  :o

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

There's a new ride coming to Japan featuring some very Legendary-ish Godzilla and Ghidorah designs -

The ride is from Takashi Yamazaki, who gave Godzilla a 'cameo' in his comedy/drama sequel Always 2 (2007) -

Huggs

Huggs

Just remembered this old gem. I wish they'd start over now and just do this.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: Huggs on May 10, 2021, 06:32:29 AM
Just remembered this old gem. I wish they'd start over now and just do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVp3rV5ZrTI

:'( Yep.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I was so hyped after that teaser. Then the films came and contained none of that promise.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 10, 2021, 11:43:55 AM
Yeah I was so hyped after that teaser. Then the films came and contained none of that promise.

Yeah, what we got Mutos instead and a friendly cool looking pet. Still the film had some great atmospheric shots and good sense of scale yet Godzilla vs Kong has the least resemblance to G2014 teaser/trailers but somehow ended up being the best so far. I'm afraid it's success means more cartoonish films in the foreseeable future unfortunately. Luckily Shin Godzilla helped to ease the pain a bit. But there is still so much potential untapped as this teaser proves.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Another Singular Point reveal -

Spoiler
Godzilla Amphibia (Not Varan) -

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/1390320456830361603

Reminiscent of Gamakujira from Ultraman -

[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Preorder on Amazon is like $50.

Geez

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Huggs on May 11, 2021, 11:23:30 PM

Geez
For GvK? It's not even getting a 3D release anywhere but India, I don't think.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Huggs on May 11, 2021, 11:23:30 PM

Geez

Sheesh!  Target preorder is $27.

Huggs

Huggs

Dropped to $42 this morning.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

SH MonsterArts Mechagodzilla 2021 -

Bandai also going hog-wild with releases -

Godzilla the Ride -

^ That Ghidorah nowhere as cool as the Universal Studios Japan one...

(Hopefully these images show up.)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Dr Pepper Godzilla Commercials (1985)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed