Theory: the engineers were running from the last (decapitated) engineer

Started by Jenga, Jun 15, 2012, 05:48:29 PM

Author
Theory: the engineers were running from the last (decapitated) engineer (Read 2,735 times)

Jenga

It actually makes a lot of sense if you realize that the last engineer (that was decapitated) was probably mutating exactly like Fifield.

Look at the sculpture of the severed head in the newest additions to the gallery (last 2 pictures). Here is is:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=search&cat=0&page=3

You can see what looks like the sculpture of the severed engineer head. Look at how elogated it is and how the front of the cranium is rounding out - just like Fifield! I think that is confirmation that the last engineer was mutating (again just like Fifield) into an early stage monster.  Look also at the small ribbing details behind the ear for instance. If he was infected by a small or moderate portion his mutation might have taken time before it became apparent.

Aceburster

Aceburster

so like... a moment of clarity before going berzerk?  That crew just has the worst luck dont they lol

EDIT: Wait yer talking about explody head Engineer nvm.

Bat Chain Puller

I think they were all running to get to their ships but were trapped by an uninfected engineer looking to contain the outbreak. The decapitated engineer seemed to be sealing the ampule room which hardly seems like something he would stop to do if he were 'chasing' the others.

Jenga

Regardless of whether or not they were really running with or from him, I think it's clear he was infected. His head shows signs of mutation and he was leaking black blood...that said so was the final engineer when the deacon chestburst from him.

Do we think the engineers have black blood or where these two seperate cases of bleeding black both by-products of an infection?

Aceburster

I dont see it creating liquid blood after 2000 years of mummification by simple electric shock. 100% human dna. Seems like goo to me.

Interesting thing to note is that black junk came out of his head after electrical stimulation while the urns got pissed and the mural changed while a giant electrical+silica storm was moving in.

NGR01

BTW where the running Engineers went?
The ones in the Juggernaut prepping for launch or those pile of dead bodies?

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 15, 2012, 06:29:28 PM

I dont see it creating liquid blood after 2000 years of mummification by simple electric shock. 100% human dna. Seems like goo to me.

The head was perfectly preserved within the Ampule Room. No mummification. 

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 15, 2012, 07:30:47 PM

The running Engineers ended up in the pile. (Best guess) I believe they were all infected. Even the ship peppers were infected judging from the looks of the cryo-tubes. The only one who wasn't obviously infected was the one that survives the 2000 hibernation. 

Aceburster

How was it preserved? it seemed pretty grey and crusty for being perfectly preserved. Expired pickled eggs have more life and moisture content than that head did lol

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 15, 2012, 07:47:58 PM
How was it preserved?

The same way the entire temple had a breathable atmosphere. The Jockeys know their shit.

(But they flunked out of micro-biological quarantine academy.)  :P

NGR01

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 15, 2012, 07:37:56 PM
Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 15, 2012, 06:29:28 PM

The head was perfectly preserved within the Ampule Room. No mummification. 

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 15, 2012, 07:30:47 PM

The running Engineers ended up in the pile. (Best guess) I believe they were all infected. Even the ship peppers were infected judging from the looks of the cryo-tubes. The only one who wasn't obviously infected was the one that survives the 2000 hibernation.

The weird thing with the preppers is that they are not worried or anything.
Looks like a normal take off...
Still wonder why the other are chestbursted, not the surviving  and who was supposed to pilot the ship?
I mean they are taking of but are all in cryo?
This is really annoying that the movie chosed to deal with the human drama and leave all the discoveries out...
I can't see how they are going to adress this in the possible sequel?

Aceburster

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 15, 2012, 07:54:21 PM
Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 15, 2012, 07:47:58 PM
How was it preserved?

The same way the entire temple had a breathable atmosphere. The Jockeys know their shit.

(But they flunked out of micro-biological quarantine academy.)  :P

What I mean is that it didnt look preserved at all. It looked mummified, sorta like Weyland but not as much. The head was in the same shape as the bodies, the bodies were exposed to an atmosphere with oxygen... that oxidizes things, plus there were worms there which means natural decomposition unless theres something special to preserve it.

The state of the body and head being the same shows that the atmosphere in and out of the room is the same so... ah you know what fk it...

Engineers have black blood, I wonder what their honor code is like : 3

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 15, 2012, 07:58:30 PM

The weird thing with the preppers is that they are not worried or anything.
Looks like a normal take off...
Still wonder why the other are chestbursted, not the surviving  and who was supposed to pilot the ship?
I mean they are taking of but are all in cryo?
This is really annoying that the movie chosed to deal with the human drama and leave all the discoveries out...
I can't see how they are going to adress this in the possible sequel?

Always had the feeling that the Ship Engineers were military. They seemed very methodical and detached in their duties. Any number of things could be going on. But I feel like there was some opposing Engineer agendas that mirror the human drama through out the Alien series.

Maybe they aren't above f**king each other over for a goddamn percentage? 

Maybe the Black Goo was an important part of the Life Seeding Engineers of the beginning. The the ones at the end have taken that technology and perverted it into weapons of war. (?)

As for the fates of the Ship Prepping Engineers ... I feel it was sabotage.  I just got this whole Watchmen* vibe from them in terms of them being not what they appear to be.

Spoiler
*Aside from looking like Dr. Manhattan (lol) ... The surviving engineer had a Ozymandias vibe to him. In that story, Ozzy kills off his own people as they complete their usefulness to him.

The Ozymandias from history (Ramesses) shows us (and mirrors Prometheus) in the inevitable decline of leaders, and their empires.

Check out this famous poem written in 1818.
Spoiler

Ozymandias

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desart. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
[close]
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed