What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 595,737 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 27, 2020, 08:19:08 AM
Driving to work, rock/pebble/boulder gets flicked up by some c**t on the other side of the road, bang! 10cm crack in my windscreen, nice little dint. This'll be the 4th f**king time. Most people don't have this happen that many times, surely?

Had it happen once a couple of years back.  Ended up being more economical to get a new windscreen rather than get it repaired.

I wonder where you're driving if it's happening so often though.  Fury Road?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

If the crack's as big as he says, he'll have to get it replaced. They'll only repair if it's a little dink.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 29, 2020, 09:42:21 AM
If the crack's as big as he says, he'll have to get it replaced. They'll only repair if it's a little dink.

I looked up the word "dink" and the definitions are:

* a partner in a well-off working couple with no children.
* a drop shot.
* a lift on a bicycle.
* a man's penis
* a stupid or contemptible person (used especially of a man).

So, if Hicks has any one of these on his windscreen, he's in luck?

Spoiler
;D
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Feb 29, 2020, 05:25:17 AM
Driving to work, rock/pebble/boulder gets flicked up by some c**t on the other side of the road, bang! 10cm crack in my windscreen, nice little dint. This'll be the 4th f**king time. Most people don't have this happen that many times, surely?

Had it happen once a couple of years back.  Ended up being more economical to get a new windscreen rather than get it repaired.

No all driving tbf. Once was on the M1, coming home from some convention and yeah, it was a stone flicking up. Once was parked outside my mates house, came out to it. Once I did myself, because I let the arm of a wiper blade go when I was changing the blade and it smacked right into the windscreen.

Yeah, 100% going to need replacing. It's just a bother with the weather atm. They like to do it without rain.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 29, 2020, 01:32:09 PM

I looked up the word "dink" and the definitions are:

* a partner in a well-off working couple with no children.
* a drop shot.
* a lift on a bicycle.
* a man's penis
* a stupid or contemptible person (used especially of a man).

So, if Hicks has any one of these on his windscreen, he's in luck?

Spoiler
;D
[close]

You've forgotten your naughty limericks.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Why has Google image search become so shit?

You can't search by exact size any more, results don't show image sizes at a glance, you can't search for different sizes of the same image, and the new layout, with things popping up in a giant window on the right of the screen, makes scrolling a pain in the arse and means most of the results are hidden off the screen if you open something else up.

Huggs

Huggs

Whopper of a headache right now. I never get headaches though, so maybe I'm just being a wuss.

Either way, it still sucks.

Stitch

Stitch

Finishing the first part of work really quickly, and thinking I'd get home early, only for the second part to royally f**k up and have to be restarted, so I'm actually going home late.
I booked a day off as well, and by the time I wake up, there won't be any of it left.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That f**king sucks. Hopefully it wont be a complete waste.

I'm really tired myself. The lady is ill and was up all night. So I was up all night.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 29, 2020, 09:16:51 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 29, 2020, 05:25:17 AM

No all driving tbf. Once was on the M1, coming home from some convention and yeah, it was a stone flicking up. Once was parked outside my mates house, came out to it. Once I did myself, because I let the arm of a wiper blade go when I was changing the blade and it smacked right into the windscreen.

Yeah, 100% going to need replacing. It's just a bother with the weather atm. They like to do it without rain.

Doesn't Insurance cover that and it doesn't affect your no claims bonus?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It doesn't effect the claims, and yeah my insurance covers it, but I still pay an excess. It's £100+ each time.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Constantly fighting depression... Being unable to find the necessary help which I need... Having thoughts of friends not really liking me and treating me like an outsider due to differences in interest... Just... depression is a bitch.

The Old One

The Old One

You're not alone I've got depression, I know it's difficult to believe, but you're going to make it man, it makes us feel alone even near the people we care about it's not the truth, remember that.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 10, 2020, 04:10:08 AM
You're not alone I've got depression, I know it's difficult to believe, but you're going to make it man, it makes us feel alone even near the people we care about it's not the truth, remember that.

I have gone through a lot in the last six years...

From having been homeless out on the streets and having to look for places to stay, to getting a job only to lose it due to the company filing for bankruptcy and then not even getting a severance pay (then later finding out the company is restarting and opening stores), to having to move into an apartment which had two drunken middle aged football fans stomping on the ceiling, to spending my entire savings from working at TRU on a condo which was falsely advertised to us and having to suffer a similar problem as my last living space cause my upstairs neighbors are inconsiderate assholes, to having to move out and there's nothing in our price range.

I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but you really get beaten down... And it's hard to get up. My therapist hasn't really helped in getting me progress with treatment, and all he does is just sit there and listen-- not offering any input or asking questions. So, I stopped seeing him because he wasn't helping.

The Old One

The Old One

I see, you're still here though, yes with good reason to feel the way you do, but you're the one who's able to change the situation, the situation only changes you if you allow it to, it's up to you, fortunate or unfortunate depending upon your starting point but it's the truth. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed