What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 595,123 times)

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2015, 11:06:15 AM
Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 12, 2015, 11:01:56 AM
Studying for Global Security exam is doing my head in  :(

Global security? What does that entail?

Study of issues including peace/war, alliances/institutions, nuclear weapons, terrororism/counter terrorism, privatisation of security/transnational crime etc and paradigms of international relations (constructivism, realist, liberal, critical, feminist). It can get pretty complicated.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sounds quite interesting actually! What's this going to lead onto? Anything specific?

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2015, 11:57:22 AM
Sounds quite interesting actually! What's this going to lead onto? Anything specific?

It is, even when it's pessimistic most days  :laugh:. At the moment I'm considering going on to a Masters degree, doing some travel and working in the foreign affairs department. My major focuses on Asia and its developments.

As Oberyn Martell put it : "It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don't want to be most of us."

University is offering a nov-dec course trip to Vietnam for extra credit. I'm currently considering if it'll be feasible for myself to go.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 12, 2015, 11:18:22 PM
It is, even when it's pessimistic most days  :laugh:. At the moment I'm considering going on to a Masters degree, doing some travel and working in the foreign affairs department. My major focuses on Asia and its developments.

University is offering a nov-dec course trip to Vietnam for extra credit. I'm currently considering if it'll be feasible for myself to go.

And that all relates to the security work? That sounds like some major opportunities to get around!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Delivery of the next Halo book has been delayed.  :-\

Randomizer

Randomizer

Hunters in the Dark? Hm, as much as I'd like, I've got to read Broken Circle and the Forerunner Trilogy first.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. It was delayed a day. Should be there for me tonight. Will have to make sure I finish my Stargate novel tonight.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 25, 2015, 01:44:15 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on May 24, 2015, 12:48:22 PM
Cant bloody complete the level invasion n avp 1999

How come?Because i cant find the switches and they are annoying!

So Saturday was MCM Comic Con London day. What a f**king shit day that was. The Mrs was really ill but we were going primarily for her - it was just lucky that Dark Ages was premiering that day. So I thought I could sneak in a hair cut before we went (I've been booked solid on Saturdays for the past month and the next coming month and was sick of looking like a scruff) and I ended up waiting an hour, the Mrs hadn't woken up because she was badly and we'd been up most of the night so she was late getting ready too.

So we were an hour later leaving than I'd envisioned. On the way down a stone hit my windscreen and chipped it. When we finally got to Stanmore there were no parking spaces. Thankfully ended up on the drive of a nearby resident.

Eventually made it down there with about half an hour to spare, went to get in the queue for the Mrs' photos. Which queue was which? f**k if we knew. Absolutely no staff organizing the f**king affair. After about half an hour of waiting, the Mrs told me to go (I didn't wanna leave her on her own) and I eventually got to the Dark Ages premiere. Was 5 minutes late and ended up in the very back.

This was the only good part of my day. Was really happy to see the stage packed out. The response was great. The Q&A went amazingly. Had a chat with the boys after the event. Just as the film is finishing my Mrs says she's finally got in and got her photo.

So we head off to collect it. To find a single queue, to a single member of staff, sorting all the photos. We were in that queue for about an hour and barely moved down half the length of the thing. There was about another 45 minutes left of the event. I ended up trying to find somewhere reasonable to eat and ended up coming back with Japanese food that wasn't that great. Felt like undercooked chicken.

Eventually the queue descends into chaos. I ended up sneaking around the other side to the where extra staff were handing out photos (unknown to every f**ker else) and managed to grab my Mrs' and get out. Autographs for the chap she went to see weren't available for the rest of the day. Barely had time to have a quick look around before we had to shoot off.

What a shitty day.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Carrie Henn and Sigourney Weaver are now joining Bill Paxton at LFCC. I can't afford it.  >:( :'( :-\ :-[

Murfy426

Murfy426

Makes you lose faith in humanity doesn't it lol. Just got called by my manager asking if I could come into work on the second week of my holiday because he gave too many people holidays on that week. And the dipshit gets paid more than me for responsibility Haha.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

General rule of thumb is that managers need to be inept.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 18, 2015, 09:47:06 PM
Carrie Henn and Sigourney Weaver are now joining Bill Paxton at LFCC. I can't afford it.  >:( :'( :-\ :-[
Carrie Henn appears at comic cons? and when is the London comic con? and Sigourney weaver holy shit got to get there quick to tell her not to retconn Alien 3!(should bring AVP souviner that she could sign just to take the piss :D)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Realizing I missed the Pittsburgh LGBT Pride parade a couple weeks back :(

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 12, 2015, 11:14:01 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 12, 2015, 11:06:15 AM
Quote from: Wrecktangle on Jun 12, 2015, 11:01:56 AM
Studying for Global Security exam is doing my head in  :(

Global security? What does that entail?

Study of issues including peace/war, alliances/institutions, nuclear weapons, terrororism/counter terrorism, privatisation of security/transnational crime etc and paradigms of international relations (constructivism, realist, liberal, critical, feminist). It can get pretty complicated.

But this will make you an extraordinary human being...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 19, 2015, 06:29:11 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 18, 2015, 09:47:06 PM
Carrie Henn appears at comic cons? and when is the London comic con? and Sigourney weaver holy shit got to get there quick to tell her not to retconn Alien 3!(should bring AVP souviner that she could sign just to take the piss :D)

July. Carrie Henn and Weaver and Paxton very rarely do these things. It's why the cost of it makes me want to cry. Weaver is £95 for an autography/or photograph! £95!!!!

I've got an absolutely stonking headache today. Really hurts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed