What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 592,794 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The beloved hometown Pittsburgh Penguins have won the Stanley Cup!

"Get in the fast lane Grandma! The Bingo game is ready to roll!" - Penguins radio announcer Mike Lange after time expires and the Champions are crowned :D

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 13, 2016, 03:16:44 AM
The beloved hometown Pittsburgh Penguins have won the Stanley Cup!

"Get in the fast lane Grandma! Bingo is about to start!" - Penguins radio announcer Mike Lange after time expires and the Champions are crowned :D

Watched a grand total of 3 games this year, only one was of my Habs. I don't know why but I completely lost all interest in Hockey this year, and I'm Canadian so that's pretty much a national tragedy. Good on the Penguins though

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I was at the Edmonton Oilers - Pittsburgh Penguins game in November (in Pittsburgh) and may call it the most exciting NHL game I have ever attended! I was right behind the goalie in front of the glass too, absolutely awesome! Connor McDavid was injured so I did not get to see him play, but I hope to next season! I may even travel to Edmonton to watch both teams play as well, I love both teams (edge to the hometown Penguins of course)! I would really like to visit Montreal for a game one day too, seems like a party atmosphere and be a lot of fun!

Shitz gettin cray cray on the streets at the moment in the Burgh!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

My basement flat wasnt effected by the torrential rain and local bits of flooding yesterday :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 13, 2016, 12:16:24 PM
My basement flat wasnt effected by the torrential rain and local bits of flooding yesterday :)

I saw some pictures from around. Looked horrid.  :(

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

It was in some places. Guess i just got lucky

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 13, 2016, 03:13:43 PM
It was in some places. Guess i just got lucky
Lucky,Funny enough I live right next to a river and we haven't got flooded for about 6 years!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Download was excellent, and England beat Australia in the rugby ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How soaked did you get?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Christ, it was like the Somme.

And that wasn't even one of the worst bits, as my mates shall now demonstrate:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Ha! Nice! Was it as bad in some of the fields as it looked? I saw a picture where the tents were nearly submerged.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 14, 2016, 11:19:12 AM
Ha! Nice! Was it as bad in some of the fields as it looked? I saw a picture where the tents were nearly submerged.

That picture wasnt even from Download lol, the newspapers actually took a picture from Glastonbury in 2005 to make their point lol

Seems i may be going to see Black Sabbaths last ever show next February ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Supposedly one of the camp sites got pretty badly flooded, but luckily where we were was fine. We were far enough from the campsite village that our field didn't get churned up, but the downside was we had miles to walk to go to bed lol. The communal areas were just a quagmire, though.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 14, 2016, 11:53:37 AMSeems i may be going to see Black Sabbaths last ever show next February ;)

Nice! I'm not a massive fan of Sabbath but it was great to see them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 14, 2016, 11:53:37 AM
That picture wasnt even from Download lol, the newspapers actually took a picture from Glastonbury in 2005 to make their point lol

Of course it was. Why would I expect accurate reporting.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 14, 2016, 12:00:07 PM
Supposedly one of the camp sites got pretty badly flooded, but luckily where we were was fine. We were far enough from the campsite village that our field didn't get churned up, but the downside was we had miles to walk to go to bed lol. The communal areas were just a quagmire, though.

I'm surprised companies don't try and make some money for situations like that - shuttle buses or some such.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Booked my tickets for ID42 next week!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed