'Suprise' Revealed! *Spoliers*

Started by War Wager, Dec 21, 2007, 04:59:36 PM

Author
'Suprise' Revealed! *Spoliers* (Read 40,459 times)

Corporal Hicks

Forever Midnight and Concrete Jungle both go on about us stealing Pred tech and using it to move us into the future.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2007, 04:37:00 PM
Forever Midnight and Concrete Jungle both go on about us stealing Pred tech and using it to move us into the future.

Yes, because we, puny primal humans, can't get there on our own in 150 years-time...! ::)

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 23, 2007, 04:41:47 PM

Yes, because we, puny primal humans, can't get there on our own...! ::)

it doesn't matter, i thought only movies are considered as canon, not books, comics, games etc.

Corporal Hicks

Well...it's canon now.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2007, 04:45:04 PM
Well...it's canon now.

Wanna bet...?  ;)

vehtam

vehtam

yup, little awkward and goofy. i know wolfs lose his weapon in terryfying fight, but it is.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 23, 2007, 04:45:47 PM
Well...it's canon now.

Wanna bet...?  ;)

Sure. 'Cause we already know it happens. Easy money.

WisePredator

The great thing about a film that is canon is that if a fan doesn't like the film, they can decide whether it is canon or not.

Corporal Hicks

No...no they can't. All films are canon unless said otherwise by Fox.

WisePredator

I break the rules of canon. 8)

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2007, 04:51:00 PM

mhm, now we can only hope for some restart in avp franchise, like it was with batman begins, that will wipe out every previous movie from canon. maybe some day.

WisePredator

Quote from: vehtam on Dec 23, 2007, 04:54:32 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2007, 04:51:00 PM

mhm, now we can only hope for some restart in avp franchise, like it was with batman begins, that will wipe out every previous movie from canon. maybe some day.
I hope the AvP franchise isn't a restart...

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2007, 04:48:25 PM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 23, 2007, 04:45:47 PM
Well...it's canon now.

Wanna bet...?  ;)

Sure. 'Cause we already know it happens. Easy money.

You know that just because they have a Predator handgun, it means nothing, right...?

We don't know, unless specified, that this will lead to that in an unequivocal, emphatic, empyrical way...

THAT is canon... objective sequence of events in repetitive fashion leading to another sequence of events and so on and so forth...

We know how Aliens reproduce because we have seen it happen the same way for four movies (five, counting AVP) so the first one was canon for the second, the third, the fourth...

This last scene is not canon, it does not state that this acquired weapon will in any way, shape, or form be the first step towards space travel, particle beams phalanx, etc...

We already are going that way on our own, so this 'crutch' is not welcome, in my book...It makes us, humans, stupid and uncapable of getting there on our damn own...

So, it is neither canon (it will only be canon if the next movie doesn't change it back or neglect it altogether...I know I would...) nor is it a comforting idea that we only got to space travel because of stolen Predator technology... for me, of course...

But we'll talk after you've seen the movie, Ok, Corporal...?  Maybe you'll change your mind on that...;)

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

So much atred, joy the the world, the bad has come. . .

Dark Passenger

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 23, 2007, 04:41:47 PM

Yes, because we, puny primal humans, can't get there on our own in 150 years-time...! ::)

I think someone is jelous of the predators, come one yutanidutch go out there and prove to the world that you can create all of that without alien technology.... :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed