Predalien Queen

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 05:33:17 PM

If a predator was impreganated by a Queen Facehugger do you think it would be cool to see a Predalien Queen?

Yes, that would be the ultimate alien
16 (45.7%)
No, the Queen we know already is enough
19 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author
Predalien Queen (Read 2,643 times)

War Wager

War Wager

It was just an idea, but I think the universe is only big enough for one type of queen.

Darkness

Darkness

No, definitely not. The idea drives me crazy.

What would be so special about it?

SM

SM

Can't see any logical difference between existing Queens and one bred out of a Predator.

Extroheal

Extroheal

Most people would agree that Queens do not absorb much, if any, DNA from their hosts because the Queen doesn't have any human-like features. In the video game AvP Extinction, the PredQueen is a creature created by Weyland-Yutani scientists by genetic engineering. It's not a good enough concept to be anything other than a video game boss. I'd rather see the flying Queen discussed in the other thread.

Meathead320

Meathead320

If given a choice of seeing a Pred Queen, or a flying Queen, I would take the PredQueen.

Alien5

Alien5

I agree with Extroheal, I would rather see the flying queen.

Meathead320

Meathead320

What it really boils down to, has a lot less to do with in-universe explanations, but rather, what constitutes a decent looking design or not. I do not completely agree with the Video games either, as they are not film canon.

I do actually like the way the Flying Queen, in the illustration at least (NOT the Kenner crap) looks. She appears larger than a regular Queen, but other than that and the wings, she is still very similar in design to the original.

There is less that can be done with the Queen design, as it is more complex than the regular Adults. This is why the "pure bred" or "less influenced at the most" theories come up.

I tend to think the Queen at least should pick size from her host species, or at least maintain a similar size advantage % over the host species. I think all aliens do. But as to how much her over-all shape should be effected, well it has to do, IMHO with what looks cool, or stupid as a design;D

The AVP appears to be what a "fully grown" Queen's design really is, and I believe it had a human host. No proof on that either way, but she clearly was far larger than the A2 and A:R Queen, and had serration's on her head, as well as just having a sturdier movement all together.

So how would Pred traits not look on a Queen without looking dumb?

1). I would have not problem with the Queen being over-all larger than a Regular Queen. Like I said, I think she should maintain the size relationship between herself and said host species.

The size difference would make her about 20% taller and longer than the AVP Queen when she is fully grown. About the difference between an average Pred (7'6") and a normal adult male human around 6 foot.

2). Mandibles on the Jaws are ok with me too. In fact, is the only design change other than overall size I am ok with. I know other have had the biggest problem with this, mostly because they think it would look dumb on the design.

I have one of the ultra rare ¼ scale Queen Maquette's  (less than 5 exist) right behind me, and I can clearly see where Pred like mandibles could be added. Of course the mandibles should look more skeletal than on a Predator, and the webbing needs to be replaced with just tendon connecting them. There you go; small design change to signify that she had a different than human host species, and thus would be overall larger than a human hosted one.

3). She would need to function reproductively as a normal Queen, because other than being bigger, and slightly different mouth, she is still a NORMAL QUEEN.

All Aliens descended from her need to be normal, and have their traits be dependant on their hosts, and NOT have PredAlien traits if they had a human host in future generations.

This means that the only advantage a hive would get in any way, shape, or form, from having a Queen with a Pred host; would be that if some creature managed to kill all of the other aliens, then find the Queen. The Queen would be bigger and stronger than normal and therefor be a little more dangerous in close quarters combat.

4). For all intents and purposes, she would just be a slightly larger (20% taller) Queen. Nothing more, nothing less. I doubt we would ever see one in a film, but that is what makes the most sense to me.

It

It

I think it would be even cooler to see a flying pred-alien queen

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: It on Mar 27, 2007, 06:54:44 PM
I think it would be even cooler to see a flying pred-alien queen

Not going to happen unless you find a Pred with wings, then get a Queen facehugger onto it. I have a feeling thats not happening soon either.

pred man

pred man

i dont think a pred alien queen is very much different from the first. as in avp extinction the pred alien queen is just bigger and is more durable and a little stronger but i dont really see the point the original queen is big enough. although it would be cool to see pred alien queen vs. queen  :P

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Original Queen would win, any day.

If you've read Aliens: Rogue, you'll possibly understand why I say this. They bio-engineered a King Alien to be more powerful than the original queen in every way, yet the Queen still kicked its mutated ass.

Master

Master

I 100% agree with you Meathead320. I would like to see Predalien queen.

War Wager

War Wager

Well, looks like we're going to see it, or at least something similar anyway...

megachu17

megachu17

i think it would be cool for the same reason cing an alien with a non-human host would be cool, just 2 c a new kind of alien...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed