10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 151,674 times)

Rush Hour Rambo

Rush Hour Rambo

It was what I expected, a female right of passge movie in a male dominated society with evil white men and a predator thrown in. Thats the times we live in.

Not bad but not good. It entertained me well enough though. I thought the cgi wasn't great.

BIOROBOT

BIOROBOT

I need some awesome hi rez still of unmasked Feral.

overthere

overthere

Since Jungle Hunter is 400 years more advanced, this movie is actually paying hommage to Stan Winston's design by basically saying this is the less developed version.

If you watch the movies in chronological order, Jungle Hunter is the next stage.

On second viewing of the movie though, I am no longer liking it that much.
This is basically Michael Myers/Jason kind of villain.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Rush Hour Rambo on Aug 06, 2022, 10:08:48 PMIt was what I expected, a female right of passge movie in a male dominated society with evil white men and a predator thrown in. Thats the times we live in.

Not bad but not good. It entertained me well enough though. I thought the cgi wasn't great.

It wasn't a female right of passage, just a human right of passage. Replace Naru with a young male and you can have the exact same movie. It's not that she's a woman that have people in her tribe telling her she can't hunt.

Dino21AvP

Dino21AvP

I thought it was a very good movie, I really enjoyed it. Still somewhat processing everything, but as of right now, I would personally place it about even with Predator 2 as my second favorite of the franchise.

I would still like to watch it a second time, maybe even watch the Comanche dub version, to fully form my opinion of the movie.

Enjoy

Enjoy

I enjoyed this more then any new star wars stuff on Disney+ but I think the next movie could be even better. So many stories throughout time and space.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Better than both AvP films and The Predator combined.

ace3g

ace3g

Feral needed more head tilts and crouching in his movements.

Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones

I thought this was great. Dan Trachtenberg is going to get a huge first look deal from Disney to start a franchise.

bacchus

bacchus

Liked it a lot but didn't love it, although saying that it's probably the best Predator movie since the original just about.

Really enjoyed everything visually - the cinematography, atmosphere, editing was all on point. Thought the primitive design of the Pred's face/helmet/weaponry was really well done, can't fault it . Liked the inclusion of the French voyageurs, very Revenant. It's a well made movie.

On the other hand, I found it too short, it needed another half an hour, and the finale leaned too heavily on the original movie's final confrontation.

One problem for me was that I didn't think the Pred was too much of a challenge for Naru, she never really felt in much danger and always seemed to find the upper hand quite quickly. Also thought the Pred was introduced and shown too quickly, I'd have liked a slower and more subtle build up and some quieter/more tense scenes, once things got going it went all in on the action.

A worthy addition to the franchise that does things very well.

8/10

Wantagoodpredmovie

Wantagoodpredmovie

Anyone know the viewing figures on Hulu (or Disney+ internationally) for the premiere of Prey? I am hoping the good reviews will translate into high viewership (and that is of course very important to whether we get further sequels or not). But without any release of data or announcement from Disney, we are all left guessing whether the strong positive reviews correated with a large audience watching Prey.

BIOROBOT

BIOROBOT

Second screening and I like it even more!

Bobby Buttnugget

Bobby Buttnugget

This was way better than I expected, but I had really low expectations. With that said, anyone saying this was great is being a little dishonest with themselves. Way to many "fantasy" moments.

The 1st and 2nd act were good, the 3rd act was The Predator and AVP level bad.

Pros:
The pred was badass (not the face).
Naru's brother was a great character.
Pred weapons show tech progression.
Switching to a setting in the past was a great idea, they just got it wrong with indians. (could they explore Vietnam era...... Vietnam/Cambodia? are predators not drawn to war?)
CGI was good when the pred was cloaked.

Bad:
CGI was really bad at times.
Naru's rope-hatchet weapon was completely unbelievable.
Naru's development was unbelievable. Literally lol'd when she killed the white men (the wife stopped watching at this point).
The pred would have killed her when he had his hands on her at the end. The combat between the 2 wasn't remotely believable.
What plant lowers the body temperature to outdoor temperature (75-85F??) and allows someone to still mentally function? Pure fantasy. Also, not much logic in how she realized the pred hunts via temp.
Naru was able to pull the pred into the bog but the pred couldn't pull her towards him?
Too much change to pred face.

There's a lot more issues, but the point is there is a lot to overlook here. All movies have things that just need to be accepted, but in prey they were around every corner. IMO 4th best movie in franchise.

Help | Go Up ▲
SMF 2.1.2 © 2022, Simple Machines

throbbinwood

throbbinwood

Not as bad as shane black's abomination, but not good. I'll desensitize myself by watching Predator.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2022, 08:16:35 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 06, 2022, 05:48:28 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 06, 2022, 05:46:49 PMSo I have a minor nitpick, but did Feral's cloak look odd to anyone else? It also seemed liked you could see Feral through the cloak more often than in the other movies.

You definitely could. I took that to be the film's way of showing a more antiquated version of the cloaking tech.

Yeah, I really liked the film's cloaking effect! Loved the translucent effect to it. Was a really nice way to show it wasn't quite as good as the modern stuff.
I just wished that water actually lessened the effect of the cloaking, even quickly decloaking Feral, as it unintentionally made the cloaking more advanced then what JH and CH has if he was able to hunt and fight in the water without it getting disabled.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed