'Ripley' named #1 Sci Fi woman of all time

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 03, 2009, 03:04:56 PM

Author
'Ripley' named #1 Sci Fi woman of all time (Read 6,525 times)

EEV2650

I can say she honestly desrves it. There arent many leading ladies in sci-fi anyway so i think weaver actually kind of holds a monopoly on that genre.

Deadmeat

Hooray for Ellen Ripley!

Well, she DID kick all  those alien asses... She deserves it! :D :D :D

EEV2650

I fell into a molten hot furnace and all i got was this crummy award  :D

Spidey3121

Indeed

My friends and i recently were in a discussion on who was more bad-ass: Ripley or Sarah Connor... i argued in favor of Ripley although it's hard to deny how bad-ass Sarah Connor was.

Corporal Hicks

Shocker. She's always in lists like this.

Vulhala

Off topic, likin the new avatar Hicks  :)

Corporal Hicks

Me too. Found the photo in my files and thought I'd do a new one.

ShadowPred

This is no surprise lol, who the f**k else can be number one?

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 04, 2009, 01:51:00 PM
This is no surprise lol, who the f**k else can be number one?

My thoughts exactly lol. Sarah Connor and Scully just haven't maintained that sense of 'female badass-ery'.

Darwinsgirl

3 cheers for Warrent Officer Ellen Ripley! & Sigourney Weaver who portrayed her ;D

Hip..Hip...Hoorah!

Hip...Hip...Hoorah!

Hip...Hip...Hoorah!

ShadowPred

Hip..Hip...Hoorah!

Hip...Hip...Hoorah!

Hip...Hip...Hoorah!

Space Voyager

Meh, this sci-fi is movies only. Ripley has nothing on Susan Calvin! ;)

Übermensch

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jun 04, 2009, 04:52:47 AM
Indeed

My friends and i recently were in a discussion on who was more bad-ass: Ripley or Sarah Connor... i argued in favor of Ripley although it's hard to deny how bad-ass Sarah Connor was.

In the first movie she was upstaged by Reese, then in the second movie she was upstaged by Arnold.  Not very badass.

All the rest are basically T&A.. except for a few who nowhere near Ripley anyway in terms of badassness.

Nachtfalke

Nachtfalke

Sarah Connor and Ripley are both pro-active and somewhat scarred from their experiences. I would have loved to see where Sarah was at in her life in T3. It was a blow to me that she was missing. Still, I would assume her tapes, which we apparently hear in 'Terminator Salvation' reveal a tad more about her. Its just come out in Oz, so I'm heading to see it this weekend.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed