Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 48,933 times)

E. Shaw

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 30, 2024, 09:25:03 PMThe neomorphs came from the goo unleashed on the planet by David. He uses them in his creation of the Alien. The goo infected some organism or fungus and resulted in that mutation.

David experiments using various goo creatures (including the neomorphs), the black goo itself, and Shaw to make the Alien as we know it.

I agree a version of Neomorph was created by the goo, but th version we see in the film running about I believe David mutated and edited, it explains to me why he is so mad when Oran kills it.

SiL

Except we see them being released from spores that are clearly randomly dotted around the place. David's works are all in his labs.

And Neomorphs aren't synthetic, they're clearly flesh and blood.

E. Shaw

Quote from: SiL on Mar 30, 2024, 09:44:32 PMExcept we see them being released from spores that are clearly randomly dotted around the place. David's works are all in his labs.

And Neomorphs aren't synthetic, they're clearly flesh and blood.

I think David could have planted spores like mines. Especially at The Derelict.

SiL

And in a random spot of forest?

Why not plant his eggs around?

Kradan

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 02:08:44 AMI just noticed the Neomorphs in Covenant do bleed white and so that theory they are synthetic seems plausible since David made them.

I like it ! Even as just visual symbolism - yeah, David may not have directly created Neos but they still were a result of black goo bombardment he unleashed on the planet - so in a way they can be called his "children", he clearly treats them as such (see whole "bliw in the nostrils of a horse" scene)

426Buddy

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 30, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 30, 2024, 02:08:44 AMI just noticed the Neomorphs in Covenant do bleed white and so that theory they are synthetic seems plausible since David made them.

yeah, David may not have directly created Neos but they still were a result of black goo bombardment he unleashed on the planet - so in a way they can be called his "children", he clearly treats them as such (see whole "bliw in the nostrils of a horse" scene)

This

SiL

I like it ! Even as just visual symbolism - yeah, David may not have directly created Neos but they still were a result of black goo bombardment he unleashed on the planet - so in a way they can be called his "children", he clearly treats them as such (see whole "bliw in the nostrils of a horse" scene)
I like this!

SM

E. Shaw

Quote from: SiL on Mar 30, 2024, 09:52:31 PMAnd in a random spot of forest?

Why not plant his eggs around?

There may have been a Catche of black goo stored there in the forest, and he placed a trap; best to not keep all your eggs in one basket.

Exactly! Well said.

SM

A trap.

Oh dear.

E. Shaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 30, 2024, 10:28:59 PMA trap.

Oh dear.

David did keep two embryos in his mouth, it stands to reason he kept backups if say his lab/cave was destroyed.

SM

Sounds like something that is way at the bottom of the list of things that stand to reason.

E. Shaw

Quote from: SM on Mar 31, 2024, 02:16:02 AMSounds like something that is way at the bottom of the list of things that stand to reason.

David was making his "successes", you want to back up those successes.

426Buddy

Sure lets just ignore what the movie tells and shows us. Starting to see a pattern here.

E. Shaw

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 31, 2024, 05:18:47 PMSure lets just ignore what the movie tells and shows us. Starting to see a pattern here.

My sources are a scene I shared and Alien Advent. Sigh... have a good day.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed