When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 77,333 times)

BishopShouldGo

Blade Runner 2049 got Ford, Gosling, Leto... and Bautista, and Wright.

Covenant got Fassbender, a complimentary four minutes of Guy Pearce(after his scene the movie took the biggest nosedive in quality ever), and a Franco crumb.

CAST EVENT ACTORS FOR YOUR EVENT MOVIE. EVENTIZE YOUR EVENTS.

PierreVW

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Sep 27, 2017, 01:39:59 AM
Blade Runner 2049 got Ford, Gosling, Leto... and Bautista, and Wright.

Covenant got Fassbender, a complimentary four minutes of Guy Pearce(after his scene the movie took the biggest nosedive in quality ever), and a Franco crumb.

CAST EVENT ACTORS FOR YOUR EVENT MOVIE. EVENTIZE YOUR EVENTS.

Maybe Ridley Scott doesn't want famous stars in the ALIEN franchise.

Scott always worked with the biggest stars(Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, etc) in his other films.

Rudiger

You need proper character actors, not movie stars.

Think Jaws or some kind of safari-gone-bad movie, where the aliens are just wildlife. They don't come to you, you stray into their world.

Make something interesting - and new - out of that simple premise, and you won't go wrong. Add a really decent script and it could be great.

Paranoid Android

Quote from: PierreVW on Sep 27, 2017, 03:57:31 AM
Maybe Ridley Scott doesn't want famous stars in the ALIEN franchise.

Scott always worked with the biggest stars(Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, etc) in his other films.
Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron and Idris Elba don't qualify as famous quality actors anymore?

Lack of good actors was never a problem in the Alien franchise. It was always down to the script.

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. The actors have all been fine. Some good casting. Lately the problems have been, as Paranoid stated, in the scripting and story side of things. Which lately I think also comes from Scott's heavier involvement in the story side of things.

Highland

Great early buzz about Blade Runner. Going to watch the original Blade runner Friday. For the my Aussie brethren, it's this Friday at Hoyt's and events, one showing only apperently. Not missing that!

Rudiger

Quote from: Highland on Sep 27, 2017, 02:26:01 PM
Great early buzz about Blade Runner. Going to watch the original Blade runner Friday. For the my Aussie brethren, it's this Friday at Hoyt's and events, one showing only apperently. Not missing that!

Heard the exact opposite. Wasn't shown at a pre-release presser; they ran the original instead. That usually means one thing: stinker.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

As if Billy Crudup or Amy Seimetz weren't character actors. Meh this place is so predictably boring and devoid of substance.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks  ::) Love some me some generalisation.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Its not the actors, the script, or even Scott. Its the "fanboys" and the internet. I long for the days before the people who dont know anything about film making could have their voice heard. I've been on this site for since the early days and the amount of garbage ideas that fuel peoples bias opinions of the recent two entities of the franchise are overwhelming. Its all bells and whistles that they confuse for good story telling. The nostalgia for the things that became their favorites parts of the originals and the undying and desire for more of the same ole stuff in every film. For most of them these ideas were formed in their minds at a young and uneducated age in regards to what make a film a good film.

People have the right to not like something, but too often they equate as grounds to say something is all around just bad. This is from their lack of ability to really analyze a movie without their own preconceived bias. Both Prometheus and Covenant are good and worthy entries into the franchise, more so than Aliens and A:R were. While Aliens changed the formula to a action driven movie, it suffers from MANY of its own problem such as turning the Alien into cannon fodder in favor of some boss battle at the end. Its comes from the low hanging fruit idea of make a sequel riddled with "more" and "bigger". Its really poor writing.

But as I said the majority of people on here saw it with a young and impressionable mind and will never see it with any other eyes, and go on to whine and complain when everything else doesn't resemble that impression.   

Local Trouble

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Sep 27, 2017, 07:31:08 PMBoth Prometheus and Covenant good and worthy entries into the franchise, more so than Aliens and A:R were.

:laugh:

brokentusk420

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 27, 2017, 07:38:38 PM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Sep 27, 2017, 07:31:08 PMBoth Prometheus and Covenant good and worthy entries into the franchise, more so than Aliens and A:R were.

:laugh:

See my point has been illustrated in record time. Say anything crooked about Aliens or that the recent prequels are good, and the trolls come from under the bridges clutching their favorite movie like Newt and that severed doll head. Smh

Local Trouble

Indeed.  Please continue to dazzle us with your film snobbery.  You're a laugh riot.

brokentusk420

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 27, 2017, 07:48:39 PM
Indeed.  Please continue to dazzle us with your film snobbery.  You're a laugh riot.

It's not film snobbery. It's the truth. You know how I know it is? By the way you are reacting to it. It bothers you because it struck a chord with you that you know is true. You have nothing in the form of a rebutale. Instead you result to the lowest form of response. 

Corporal Hicks

No, you just show up and insult other fans for disliking or thinking critically of a film you enjoy. I would rate Covenant above AR but I'm not going to slag off fellow fans who might not. So let's chill out with that attitude please.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed