Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.8%)
The Strause Brothers
39 (21.2%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 69,415 times)

SiL

I'm tired of the modern emphasis on synthetics in the Alien franchise. And BR2049 is one of the reasons why I don't think he'd gel - there's something about his aesthetic that just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi from the original. It's too reserved.

Dune is similar. I like brutalist architecture but it seems to be all he does in his sci fi and it doesn't fit.

E. Shaw

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2024, 09:49:23 PMI'm tired of the modern emphasis on synthetics in the Alien franchise. And BR2049 is one of the reasons why I don't think he'd gel - there's something about his aesthetic that just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi from the original. It's too reserved.

Dune is similar. I like brutalist architecture but it seems to be all he does in his sci fi and it doesn't fit.

So you expect each Alien film to be like the original? Interesting, since every installment till Covenant has had a different aesthetic, feel, and interpretation of the Alien mythos.

SiL

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 31, 2024, 10:54:29 PMSo you expect each Alien film to be like the original?
Please, please tell me where I said anything like that.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: SiL on Mar 31, 2024, 10:55:19 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 31, 2024, 10:54:29 PMSo you expect each Alien film to be like the original?
Please, please tell me where I said anything like that.

"there's something about his aesthetic that just lacks a certain je ne sais quoi from the originaL." Since you were talking about the Alien films original to me seem like Alien, not Bladerunner.

Oh just realized the abbreviation for bladerunner2049, my bad. Haven't seen it abbreviated before.

BigDaddyJohn

All three of them can go eat a dick for all I care. I needed to say that.

Thatguy2068

Do you know who would be a good alternative for AVP 3
Spoiler
[close]

Neila

Sorry if I repeat myself sometimes but
If it were up to me, another AvP film would never be made again.
It's an insult to the Alien brand.
I like Predator a lot, but only as its own universe.
In my opinion, bringing the two together damaged the alien "myth" more than anything else.

Nevertheless, I chose Anderson in the voting because he didn't portray the alien quite as vulnerable as is unfortunately usually the case in all the bad comic novels and games.
At least not in the first half of the film.

The Strauses are absolutely intolerable about making a film in which the xeno appears.

At some point there will (unfortunately) definitely be another AvP film. And if that really happens, what is needed first and foremost is an interesting script in which the powers of both races are relatively balanced and a director who knows how to honor the roots of both brands.
But that is admittedly a contradiction in terms.
You can't honor Alien by mixing it with Predator.

BigDaddyJohn

I'd be curious to see an AVP2 adaptation actually.

[cancerblack]

Either that or just, the original damned comic, please.

SM

Quote from: Neila on Apr 15, 2024, 11:08:03 AMSorry if I repeat myself sometimes but
If it were up to me, another AvP film would never be made again.
It's an insult to the Alien brand.
I like Predator a lot, but only as its own universe.
In my opinion, bringing the two together damaged the alien "myth" more than anything else.

Nevertheless, I chose Anderson in the voting because he didn't portray the alien quite as vulnerable as is unfortunately usually the case in all the bad comic novels and games.
At least not in the first half of the film.

The Strauses are absolutely intolerable about making a film in which the xeno appears.

At some point there will (unfortunately) definitely be another AvP film. And if that really happens, what is needed first and foremost is an interesting script in which the powers of both races are relatively balanced and a director who knows how to honor the roots of both brands.
But that is admittedly a contradiction in terms.
You can't honor Alien by mixing it with Predator.

What was the alien "myth" and how was it damaged?

The Cruentus

The Alien and Predator movies did have two different tones about them. Alien was for the most part more down to earth, while Predator did have more fantastical elements.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 15, 2024, 08:37:09 PMThe Alien and Predator movies did have two different tones about them. Alien was for the most part more down to earth, while Predator did have more fantastical elements.

How so ?

SiL

The Predator movies do tend to lean more into action movie hyper reality.

The Cruentus

Predator had plasma casters, cloaking etc. Alien did have tech that raised eyebrows such as stasis, ftl etc but I personally find Predator is more out there with it all.

[cancerblack]

I don't think a plasma gun is very out there. What SiL said is correct though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed