Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 195,143 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Sagittarius on Nov 01, 2014, 05:37:49 PM
I like having the freedom to fill in the blanks with my own ideas.

But nobody else cares about your ideas.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Unlike some here, I prefer a more expanded universe instead of more of the same.

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Blacklabel on Nov 01, 2014, 05:47:26 PM

That's fine, like I said, what I was saying was coming from an artist's point of view.  I'm not looking to force any of my ideas on anyone, I simply do not want someone telling me that my art goes against the predator encyclopedia (which I pretty much ignore anyway).  I just want most of what the predator is to remain an unknown.  I don't want to see much expansion of their culture or biology, I would rather that just be all up to speculation.  If Shane wants to try something new, I hope he just tells the same story with a different setting and characters.  I don't mind if he brought Arny back at Dutch, probably play the mentor role.

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 01, 2014, 06:16:30 PM
Unlike some here, I prefer a more expanded universe instead of more of the same.
I think there's a bit of a difference between expanding the universe and expanding on the predator.  They should expand more on the universe that the predator exists in, but not expand on the predator itself.  I think it would be great if they brought in other intelligent species that were also effected by the predator race.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Sagittarius on Nov 01, 2014, 06:16:53 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Nov 01, 2014, 05:47:26 PM

That's fine, like I said, what I was saying was coming from an artist's point of view.  I'm not looking to force any of my ideas on anyone, I simply do not want someone telling me that my art goes against the predator encyclopedia (which I pretty much ignore anyway).  I just want most of what the predator is to remain an unknown.  I don't want to see much expansion of their culture or biology, I would rather that just be all up to speculation.  If Shane wants to try something new, I hope he just tells the same story with a different setting and characters.  I don't mind if he brought Arny back at Dutch, probably play the mentor role.

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Nov 01, 2014, 06:16:30 PM
I think there's a bit of a difference between expanding the universe and expanding on the predator.  They should expand more on the universe that the predator exists in, but not expand on the predator itself.  I think it would be great if they brought in other intelligent species that were also effected by the predator race.

Yes! That's what I want: new enemies, new worlds, new creatures, new alien technologies, new weapons, new spaceships, etc. But we are both in agreement on the Predator's thing.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

"EVP: Engineer VS Predator - Engineers created Predators after the failure that was the Humans. Still, the Engineers weren't satisfied, and thus, created the Super Predators. Now the Predators want answers!"

Oh, god I hope nothing like this happens. This would be a good way to piss off the fanbase. lol

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Nov 01, 2014, 08:48:46 PM
"EVP: Engineer VS Predator - Engineers created Predators after the failure that was the Humans. Still, the Engineers weren't satisfied, and thus, created the Super Predators. Now the Predators want answers!"

Oh, god I hope nothing like this happens. This would be a good way to piss off the fanbase. lol

Engineers creating predators is a horrible idea, but I'd pay to see that fight, or better yet; a hunting scenario rather than a versus (on the big screen by the way).

Topazora

Topazora

I highly doubt Shane is going to bring in anything that has to do with Aliens or Prometheus into the Predator sequel, that's really something for the AvP comic reboots.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I hear you man, but I was talking about a crossover on the big screen (not necessarily canonical, only as an alternate universe).I was not talking about the Shane Black's movie, and partly I was also joking  ;D

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Same here. lol

I wouldn't mind seeing an Engineer versus Predator conflict, either. As long as it's done right. It sure would be nice to see the Alien *finally* portrayed authentically in an AVP epic, too.

Unil then, I just hope Shane nails this new Predator film.

Lotus

Lotus

Sorry,nope female predator for me as well/

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Personally, I think that the Predator culture has been explored enough as it is. So if anything, I think something like that should be left alone and well enough. We already know that there are different clans with different customs, and that's fine but like someone had said, keep the some of the blanks filled in to let the fans do their own thing. We don't need to see their politics, we don't need to see their society because we know that they are a clan based society similar to aboriginal tribes (think Native Americans, Maori, etc).

I wouldn't mind seeing new technology, and I wouldn't mind seeing alien creatures but as far as alien worlds are concerned.. Please, no preserve planets. That was just f**king bullshit which cheapened the thrill of the hunt. It took away the challenge and thrill which the first two movies even established, and if you count the first AvP, then that movie too. If alien worlds are to be involved, I wouldn't mind seeing something similarly to what the scenarios of Pitch Black and the third Riddick movie showed.

As for crossing Prometheus, Alien and Predator over.. No. I think the comics which are doing that is enough, and I agree with Bio Mech Hunter in that the possibility of Engineers being involved with the Predators aside from an antagonistic relation is a route we don't want to go down with. I know someone joked but.. the idea of it is.. No.

But considering that Shane did final rewrites to the first film, I trust him. I'm cautiously optimistic and with Fred Dekker on board.. well.. Right now Dekker is a mixed bag for me. He did two awesome movies which I really liked, but one movie which.. leaves me with some doubt is the fact that he did Robocop 3. But I am really hopeful.. Truly hopeful.

I just hope it ignores PREDATORS.. or boots it.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Magegg on Oct 31, 2014, 10:02:31 PMA female predator could be a great idea. I'm for it.

Allow me to clarify

No female predator with boobs. I'd prefer either male predator or unknown

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I once heard somebody suggest the main Predator in the second film was female, and ever since I can't help but feel that kinda makes sense. It's a totally different colour and has that bony crown on its head.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: happypred on Nov 06, 2014, 07:20:24 AM

No female predator with boobs. I'd prefer either male predator or unknown

I think someone pointed out earlier, though -- if they make it female, it'll have boobs. There are some strange things I found on the internet looking for an example to post - but I will save you the trauma. Let's just say that some folk have some strange fantasies.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

We still have a long way to go for a new info. My guess is that we should hear more info by next year and that they will likely film for a 2017 release date. 2017 is the 30th anniversary of the franchise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed