Will Blomkamp create the perfect trilogy with his film?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 01, 2015, 02:46:45 PM

Author
Will Blomkamp create the perfect trilogy with his film? (Read 13,985 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 01, 2015, 06:47:31 PM
Well, according to Whedon, it was originally going to be about a cloned Newt, not Ripley, so... Your observation may have been more telling than you realised. :)

Cool! I actually didn't know that. A cloned Newt sounds way more interesting.

Btw, what if Newt did get facehugged in ALIENS off camera, impregnating her with the queen embryo that latter transferred itself to Ripley? The second facehugger in the EEV just impregnated the dog/ox. I'm sure someone has thought of this possibility before.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 01, 2015, 07:52:30 PM
Well, according to Whedon, it was originally going to be about a cloned Newt, not Ripley, so... Your observation may have been more telling than you realised. :)

Btw, what if Newt did get facehugged in ALIENS off camera, impregnating her with the queen emptying that latter transferred itself to Ripley? The second facehugger in the EEV just impregnated the dog/ox. I'm sure someone has thought of this possibility before.

I think that was originally an idea, Newt drowned so the embryo decided to escape and take refuge in Ripley instead.

Also yes, Newt being the protagonist sounded like a much better idea.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 01, 2015, 07:59:33 PM

Btw, what if Newt did get facehugged in ALIENS off camera, impregnating her with the queen emptying that latter transferred itself to Ripley? The second facehugger in the EEV just impregnated the dog/ox. I'm sure someone has thought of this possibility before.

I think that was originally an idea, Newt drowned so the embryo decided to escape and take refuge in Ripley instead.

That's how it was portrayed in the Alien 3 comic:

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Mar 01, 2015, 08:02:24 PM
Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 01, 2015, 07:59:33 PM

That's how it was portrayed in the Alien 3 comic:

I know. What I was pondering about is what if Newt got impregnated in ALIENS and not in the beginning of A3?

Adam802

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 01, 2015, 05:52:15 PM
Even so, I fully respect A:R and have come to see it as the new chapter no one dares or wants to continue because they're still hopelessly stuck on ALIENS.

Trust me, thats NOT the reason I dont want a sequel to A:R.  The reason I dont want a direct requel to A:R is bc its an awful Alien movie that completely SHITS on the character of Ripley and on all the themes and believability of the franchise.

Son Of Kane

Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 01, 2015, 08:52:39 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 01, 2015, 05:52:15 PM
Even so, I fully respect A:R and have come to see it as the new chapter no one dares or wants to continue because they're still hopelessly stuck on ALIENS.

Trust me, thats NOT the reason I dont want a sequel to A:R.  The reason I dont want a direct requel to A:R is bc its an awful Alien movie that completely SHITS on the character of Ripley and on all the themes and believability of the franchise.

Same

marrerom

I don't see why Alien 5 cant take place after Alien Resurrection and be connected thematically to the first two films. Carry over the concepts of corporate greed, fear of the unknown, etc.  Why is that impossible? You could literally take that film in any direction you want, they are no constraints.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 01, 2015, 08:21:13 PMI know. What I was pondering about is what if Newt got impregnated in ALIENS and not in the beginning of A3?

Not enough time, she still would've had a Facehugger on her when Ripley found her.

Adam802

Quote from: marrerom on Mar 01, 2015, 08:57:23 PM

I don't see why Alien 5 cant take place after Alien Resurrection and be connected thematically to the first two films. Carry over the concepts of corporate greed, fear of the unknown, etc.  Why is that impossible? You could literally take that film in any direction you want, they are no constraints.

There's lots of constraints.  They could continue the themes, but a sequel to A:R would STILL have to work with, and acknowledge, the events in A:R which is just BAD.  Thats the reason there hast been a new pure alien movie in 18 years. But now its been long enough that they can finally disregard A:R and possible A3 too. 

Im telling you guys.......we can debate a LOT of things on these forums, but a sequel to A:R should NEVER happen.  Thats a FACT.

marrerom

Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 01, 2015, 09:19:24 PM

There's lots of constraints.  They could continue the themes, but a sequel to A:R would STILL have to work with, and acknowledge, the events in A:R which is just BAD.  Thats the reason there hast been a new pure alien movie in 18 years. But now its been long enough that they can finally disregard A:R and possible A3 too. 

Im telling you guys.......we can debate a LOT of things on these forums, but a sequel to A:R should NEVER happen.  Thats a FACT.

I can tell you feel really strongly about this and i respect that. I just totally disagree with you. If you look at what Blomkamp's concept art shows you could easily have that fit in a post A:R film.

- instead of a weyland yutani headquarters have a United systems military Head quarters.

-instead of hick's have a different soldier type ally for Ripley. Or hell have it be hicks, just figure out some plot device that explains his existence post Alien3

change those things and you could have the exact film, only now its taking place within existing continuity.

Nightmare Asylum

That's, of course, assuming that the entire narrative of the film can be deduced from a few pieces of concept art and is flexible enough to change in such a drastic way on a whim.

whiterabbit

The trilogy was good enough the way it was. Better to just to fix the original alienĀ³ to please the angry gods. Remove the everyone dies scene, give the prisoners pulse riffles and add a couple thousand aliens. All that would be left would be to have the planets core go nuclear.

Adam802

Quote from: marrerom on Mar 01, 2015, 09:28:25 PM
Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 01, 2015, 09:19:24 PM

I can tell you feel really strongly about this and i respect that. I just totally disagree with you. If you look at what Blomkamp's concept art shows you could easily have that fit in a post A:R film.

- instead of a weyland yutani headquarters have a United systems military Head quarters.

-instead of hick's have a different soldier type ally for Ripley. Or hell have it be hicks, just figure out some plot device that explains his existence post Alien3

change those things and you could have the exact film, only now its taking place within existing continuity.

But why would anyone WANT the USM instead of W-Y? W-Y is the established "villain" of the franchise, and never got flushed out as much as it should have.  Instead (according to A:R which I dont consider canon) its bought out by f**king WALMART!?!? lol wtf...

And a plot device to bring hicks back after A:R?  So we'll have ANOTHER clone running around?  It just seems ridiculous. 

And all the aliens in existance are supposidly eradicated after A:R anyway.  If the only way to get new aliens was to clone Ripley after TWO HUNDRED years, then i'm sure the Derelict was long gone by then.

I just feel that ANY attempt to write a story after A:R would be SO contrived and forced that it could only be silly and even more fan fiction-ish. 

Son Of Kane

I agree Adam. After A:R would be terrible IMO.

bioweapon

Quote from: Chronicle on Mar 01, 2015, 02:46:45 PM
I felt like after Aliens the series kind of went askew and besides Ripley's death in 3 the rest of the franchise kind of went off to the wayside.

Do you feel like Blomkamp will properly cap off the series and serve up the conclusion to Aliens that everyone has always wanted?

With the extremely troubled production of Alien 3 and the stringent constraints and terrible effects, the failed attempt of rebooting the franchise with Resurrection and all the terrible criticism by filmmakers and audiences alike couldn't it be possible just to leave the films behind?

Don't get me wrong I absolutley love 3 and 4 but after Blomkamp's announcement and really thinking about what made me start loving the franchise. I don't mind. After Aliens I think everyone was expecting something greater and his film might be the one.

If Blomkamp's Alien film is the conclusion to Aliens...who really cares about 3 and 4 right?

For me Alien 3 Works good and give a very solid trilogy, but I would give Neill a try. I mean the actors still living and for many of us, that Alien&Aliens vibe wasnt there with Alien3 or A:R.

Is gonna be hard to put out a movie with a vibe continuity and at the same time not going repetitive.

I dont want another Starship Troopers-Avatar-Species.

I want another Aliens but with the semigod invincibility of the Alien and a 2001 vibe.

So is like a 1 in a million chance with these standards

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed