Will Blomkamp create the perfect trilogy with his film?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 01, 2015, 02:46:45 PM

Author
Will Blomkamp create the perfect trilogy with his film? (Read 13,986 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 27, 2015, 08:17:58 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 27, 2015, 08:10:50 PM
There is no official site.

I think he means the IMDb page.

Which is mostly a Wiki which anyone can edit although it does contain some official elements.
Mah seriously there is a site it has several sections i think one was about the aliens actor and what they are doing now.I cant find the website i found it when i typed Alien 5 confirmed by fox.I think that ever way by reading the comments you guys are right.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 07:40:57 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 27, 2015, 05:52:22 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 23, 2015, 03:05:16 PM
Yeah - that's exactly the kind of thing I'm scared of.

Scared of what, precisely?

Quote from: thanatos86 on Jun 23, 2015, 02:41:35 PM
i already have the perfect trilogy...
im so scared they will go like: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, we have like 3 franchises lol
the 1st one ( 4 movies )
the 2nd one ( 2 movies, remake and prequel )
the 3rd one ( for now one movie that is the new seuqle of the original and now they are shooting the prequel of the original )
the serie is scrapped, well, you can decide which serie to watch lol
but the whole story is a joke now  :-\

That. Fragmented series/continuities.
In my opinion i dont think Neil should make an Alien movie.I mean yeah he is a fanboy of the FIRST TWO alien movie but look at the movies he has made and it is like Micheal bay liking the aliens movie and making it himself not the best contender.And he likes the first two and looking what type of director he is he is most likely going to make a Aliens movie.SIGH

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 07:40:57 AM
That. Fragmented series/continuities.

You mean alternate/diverging continuities? I mean don't we already have that with the AvP movies and Alien movies since you know.. Prometheus sort of does that?

I know we've had this discussion many times, but at this point.. I see nothing wrong with alternate/diverging continuities.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No - he means the one that Chris P and Scified runs. http://www.alien5-movie.com/

It's not an official site. Just another fan site.

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 29, 2015, 02:56:17 PM
You mean alternate/diverging continuities? I mean don't we already have that with the AvP movies and Alien movies since you know.. Prometheus sort of does that?

Yeah, if you take all the promotional stuff into account but that timeline isn't official. The other differences are minor enough to be hand-waved away.

QuoteI know we've had this discussion many times, but at this point.. I see nothing wrong with alternate/diverging continuities.

I know you don't. Same as you know I do.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 02:57:59 PM

No - he means the one that Chris P and Scified runs. http://www.alien5-movie.com/

It's not an official site. Just another fan site.

Thats the one! you know them.

Corporal Hicks

It's just another fan-site. Nothing special. Nothing official.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 02:57:59 PM
Yeah, if you take all the promotional stuff into account but that timeline isn't official. The other differences are minor enough to be hand-waved away.

Wait.. What?

You mean the Weyland Corp timeline isn't official? I mean.. if it was put out by Fox, and was set to be in-universe.. I would say based on the fact that Fox released it, makes it official. Now if you're saying the timeline isn't canon... then yeah but I have a hard time swallowing that. Any official word from higher ups on that it's not to be taken into account?

Corporal Hicks

It's just promotional fluff. From what I remember some of the stuff in it doesn't even gel with the other films. I can't remember the specifics but I'm sure SM picked out a lot that didn't work.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2015, 03:31:14 PM
It's just promotional fluff. From what I remember some of the stuff in it doesn't even gel with the other films. I can't remember the specifics but I'm sure SM picked out a lot that didn't work.

Well yeah, I'm sure of that. I mean every series has a ton of continuity inconsistencies but.. I just find that stuff all hard to believe, you know? Course that's just me, being a continuity and canon nazi.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed