Technical Issues & Questions

Started by yaji, Aug 23, 2010, 09:34:06 PM

Author
Technical Issues & Questions (Read 22,214 times)

Mozer

Mozer

Saved as PCM, 16bit, 44.1khz. Same error. Tried it twice and it came up with an EEFFACE error.

Undel

Undel

Checked your file, Mozer. The problem was your sound had only 1 channel (Mono), and the original one has 2 (Stereo). Just convert your sound using 2 channels and it will work just fine. Tested it myself.

Mozer

Mozer

Is it possible to modify the menu music? And if so how?

brennan4

brennan4

I have a quick question. Is it possible to import single player skins into multiplayer? Could we have Predaliens, synths, etc?

Undel

Undel

Not yet. There could be a way but it's still being worked on as it's very buggy rn.

brennan4

brennan4

Than what's with the runner pic in the idea thread?

Cap. Fitzgerald

Someone made that from scratch and based it on the Alien 3 alien more than the game.

brennan4

brennan4

Well than it's even more impressive.  I didn't realize they could remove the pipes on the back. Makes you wonder what else they can do.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Sans dred Predator would be cool

brennan4

brennan4

You should probably bring it up in the ideas thread.

[DMH]Jhar'Upta-de

Heya,

I'm reskinning the alienface predator, extracted everything fine, edited the color map fine in Gimp. Saved as a .dds with dtx5 compression.
Now when I try it ingame, the predator has a completely black mask, or a completely chrome mask. Keep in mind I haven't edited the normal maps yet, but I did the same thing with my edited Dark predator and he works fine. Help?

thx!
-Jhar

Undel

Undel

Quote from: [DMH]Jhar'Upta-de on Oct 17, 2010, 08:17:23 AM
Heya,

I'm reskinning the alienface predator, extracted everything fine, edited the color map fine in Gimp. Saved as a .dds with dtx5 compression.
Now when I try it ingame, the predator has a completely black mask, or a completely chrome mask. Keep in mind I haven't edited the normal maps yet, but I did the same thing with my edited Dark predator and he works fine. Help?

thx!
-Jhar

Which plug-in are you using to export the .dds files? It's probably an issue with the alpha channel of the texture and how the file is exported in Gimp. Here are plenty of .dds converters you can try: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/DDS_Tools

If that doesn't work, then PM me your texture and I'll check it for you.

Jasonix

Jasonix

hey all, i'm working on a soundpack at the moment and i have a question about the ambient map sounds (multiplayer only). Is it possible to change this sounds? I think i found them in the "streaming sounds.asr" but if i extract this file i don't get a Temp file which means i can't find a chunk to reimport the sounds. Maybe you can help me out with that  :P

greetings  :P

Undel

Undel

Quote from: Jasonix on Nov 01, 2010, 10:29:00 AM
hey all, i'm working on a soundpack at the moment and i have a question about the ambient map sounds (multiplayer only). Is it possible to change this sounds? I think i found them in the "streaming sounds.asr" but if i extract this file i don't get a Temp file which means i can't find a chunk to reimport the sounds. Maybe you can help me out with that  :P

greetings  :P

Looks like it can't be done, sorry! That file seems to be packed in a different way than the rest.

Jasonix

Jasonix

i thought so  :P but thank you anyway  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed