Hot Weather or Cold Weather. Which do you prefer? 🌱 ☀️ 🌡️ ❄️

Started by Blackdawn, Sep 15, 2023, 04:11:40 PM

Author
Hot Weather or Cold Weather. Which do you prefer? 🌱 ☀️ 🌡️ ❄️ (Read 546 times)

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

It's getting that season change now. So who likes what?

Personally, I prefer hot weather simply because I have a hard time staying warm myself. I however do like cold weather because I like laying in bed with loose pajama pants on and a T-shirt. Also, because when it's cold I can wear a jacket at work and so I don't have to tuck in my work uniform. Yay!

*note - ignore that massive comment below. My phone lagged then froze and done that nonsense. I'm getting a new phone later down the road.

BlueMarsalis79

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

I've done a complete switch-a-roo;

Growing up, as a kid, through my teens right up to through my 30s, I couldn't stand the heat. I was the kind of person who would avoid the sun at all costs and even during winter whilst it was snowing outside I'd have to have my bedroom windows open all night or I couldn't sleep.

However, I was always a big guy. Around a year and a half ago, i got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I decided it was time to make changes and get health in order; through healthy lifestyle changes I got the diabetes into remission/gone within 7 months, started taking nutrition seriously, and to date have lost almost half my body weight, dropping from 19stone12pounds (or 278lb) to 11stone7pounds (161lb) *EDIT; heh, just noticed doing the conversion that my current weight in lbs is my username! 🤣 )

Now? I'm always cold! 🤣 a year ago I went to Portugal to conduct field work, and even in the scorching sun, by evening I found myself switching from shorts and T-shirts to Jeans and Jumper. I now love the sun and forever want the apartment to be toasty warm.

Only thing I'd say is, sun abroad and sun in the uk are two totally different things - the heat has recently been unbearable in uk due to humidity- I much prefer a dry heat! 😁

Blackdawn

Blackdawn

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 15, 2023, 05:03:47 PMI've done a complete switch-a-roo;

Growing up, as a kid, through my teens right up to through my 30s, I couldn't stand the heat. I was the kind of person who would avoid the sun at all costs and even during winter whilst it was snowing outside I'd have to have my bedroom windows open all night or I couldn't sleep.

However, I was always a big guy. Around a year and a half ago, i got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and I decided it was time to make changes and get health in order; through healthy lifestyle changes I got the diabetes into remission/gone within 7 months, started taking nutrition seriously, and to date have lost almost half my body weight, dropping from 19stone12pounds (or 278lb) to 11stone7pounds (161lb) *EDIT; heh, just noticed doing the conversion that my current weight in lbs is my username! 🤣 )

Now? I'm always cold! 🤣 a year ago I went to Portugal to conduct field work, and even in the scorching sun, by evening I found myself switching from shorts and T-shirts to Jeans and Jumper. I now love the sun and forever want the apartment to be toasty warm.

Only thing I'd say is, sun abroad and sun in the uk are two totally different things - the heat has recently been unbearable in uk due to humidity- I much prefer a dry heat! 😁

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 15, 2023, 05:03:47 PMI've done a complete switch-a-roo;

Congrats on the remission! Good job! Always love hearing a good success story like that.

[/quote]

Congrats on the remission! Good job! Always love hearing a good success story like that.
[/quote]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 15, 2023, 05:03:47 PMNow? I'm always cold! 🤣 a year ago I went to Portugal to conduct field work, and even in the scorching sun, by evening I found myself switching from shorts and T-shirts to Jeans and Jumper. I now love the sun and forever want the apartment to be toasty warm.

This phenomenon is called getting older. It's why I always shout and wave my fist at clouds that get in front of the sun.

Immortan Jonesy

Hot, although usually spring (not too cold or too hot😅).

littlesprout

Tropical with an ocean

Blackdawn

@ BlueMarsalis79

I love it. It's perfect!

Would quote but I'm leery of my phone now.

Everyone is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside with many preferring heat. 😭

Acid_Reign161

[/quote]

Thank you! 😃

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 15, 2023, 05:24:30 PMThis phenomenon is called getting older. It's why I always shout and wave my fist at clouds that get in front of the sun.

LOL Tell me about it! 🤣 I turn 39 tomorrow but in my mind I'm still 25 (pmsl) - it doesn't help being in Uni, everyone I work with is between 18 and 25, and I completely forget and make comments when with others like "our age" etc.. then you get the nasty wake up call/reality check when you see yourself on the mirror and realise your exterior doesn't match your mind. Not fun! 😂

Blackdawn

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 15, 2023, 06:56:22 PMLOL Tell me about it! 🤣 I turn 39 tomorrow but in my mind I'm still 25 (pmsl) - it doesn't help being in Uni, everyone I work with is between 18 and 25, and I completely forget and make comments when with others like "our age" etc.. then you get the nasty wake up call/reality check when you see yourself on the mirror and realise your exterior doesn't match your mind. Not fun! 😂

I forget I'm 40. Then I work with young folks myself who ask how old I am and a think about it for a minute. "Oh yeah! I'm 40 by the way."

LOL

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Blackdawn on Sep 15, 2023, 07:15:24 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Sep 15, 2023, 06:56:22 PMLOL Tell me about it! 🤣 I turn 39 tomorrow but in my mind I'm still 25 (pmsl) - it doesn't help being in Uni, everyone I work with is between 18 and 25, and I completely forget and make comments when with others like "our age" etc.. then you get the nasty wake up call/reality check when you see yourself on the mirror and realise your exterior doesn't match your mind. Not fun! 😂

I forget I'm 40. Then I work with young folks myself who ask how old I am and a think about it for a minute. "Oh yeah! I'm 40 by the way."

LOL

I'm pleased I'm not the only one! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

[cancerblack]

Temperate. Houses are made out of cardboard and have no central heating, where I live, so anything too cold gets very damp and miserable extremely quickly. It also gets somewhat hot, but the high humidity makes that miserable too. 15-25c is about the only range you're not either freezing or sweating like a hog, thanks to those factors.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed