Why Is There No Sub-Forum for Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000/AvP99/Gold?

Started by Olde, Jun 24, 2016, 05:49:59 PM

Author
Why Is There No Sub-Forum for Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000/AvP99/Gold? (Read 2,670 times)

Olde

I'm just curious. Is the game not as important as an RPG that was cancelled seven years ago and that hasn't been discussed in three years? The Steam board is still somewhat active, yet discussion is limited to the Steam release, and has very few if any conversations about the 99/2000 versions of the game.

Seems very weird.

x-M-x

I'm sure Hicks, will make one.

windebieste

Don't forget.  The old game was also released on GOG about a year ago.  It's the only 'AvP' game to be released on that service and it's DRM free. 

When the game was initially released on GOG it was free, part of their network gaming beta testing.  Now, it's around $8. 

Such a cool game.

It also had a modding scene, custom skins, maps...  all kinds of stuff made by fans.  So yes, a sub-forum would be very welcome as people still play it today. 

-Windebieste.

Lucifero

Quote from: x-M-x on Jun 24, 2016, 07:56:03 PM
I'm sure Hicks, will make one.
agree
vote Olde for president

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 24, 2016, 11:22:52 PM
Now, it's around $8. 
euro 5 .25 on gog , on steam euro 1.24 in sale!

Corporal Hicks

No-one is talking about it. The only reason the RPG one exists was because it was made when it was announced. If enough people start talking about it or there's more threads related to it, I wouldn't be against giving it its own subforum.

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 25, 2016, 10:33:05 AM
No-one is talking about it. The only reason the RPG one exists was because it was made when it was announced. If enough people start talking about it or there's more threads related to it, I wouldn't be against giving it its own subforum.

Lots are talking about it (in the steam forums)

It's just odd, you don't have a section for it, even if no one talks a lot about it... it's nice to have a 'home for it' so people like olde and others can post tutorials and share information.

Randomizer

I feel we should start a revolution.

windebieste

A revolution..?  Yes!  Let's do that!  I'm revolting.  Very REVOLTING, in fact! :laugh:

More so, how can a site dedicated to all things 'AVP' not have a sub forum dedicated to the game that some people still believe to be the best title in the series to date?

It needs a sub forum on those grounds alone. 

-Windebieste.

Randomizer

aliens13

I have the GOG version of the AvP Classic, if we organized our self we can do a full match every week. The only problem is the time, i don't know the time difference between Argentina and where you are guys.

Lucifero

Lucifero

yes Alien13 the main problem its time zones
this combined with the lack of being able to have a dedicated server make more complicate things.
if only there was a way to have an always-on server I'm sure would have a great success.

System Apollo

Olde

Olde

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 25, 2016, 10:33:05 AMNo-one is talking about it.

AvP (1999) Research/Resources
Anyone want to play AVP 2000 Classic
New AVP Classic Level: Fear Factory

I guess Hudson, THE CITY HUNTER, myself, and everyone else on the Steam forums are "no-one [sic]."

And I also suppose that all the guides, mods, videos, tournaments, and archive work I did or worked on with other people falls under that "no one cares" category, too?

Maybe one of the reasons people aren't posting enough (in your opinion) is that they don't see a place to post. But having a sub-forum for a dead game while simultaneously not having one for a game that is living, and which needs the attention, is a middle finger to me.

Lucifero

Lucifero

olde the problem and that people do not know what they really want.
and they are generally too lazy to look for any topic.
They prefer to use steam to ask stupid questions, when it would be enough to do a simple search.
although it is not my favorite game would be nice to also have a sub forum for AVP 2010 for exemple.
but the final decision is up to Corporal Hicks

Olde

Olde

Quote from: Lucifero on Jun 27, 2016, 07:49:13 AM
although it is not my favorite game would be nice to also have a sub forum for AVP 2010 for exemple.
There's an entire board for that game. It doesn't really make sense to me, since there are old, OLD threads about AvP Classic and I have to scroll through 25 pages just to get to them because they're just thrown in willy-nilly with the rest of the general AvP game conversation. This is also an issue exacerbated by the recent dump of the Game Gossip forums, which closed about a month ago. So yeah, all those old threads that were a part of AvP history? Gone. The lack of a basic sub-forum also gives people no place to post updates or guides for AvPG, because they'll just get pushed down by more general threads. Why? Is there a limit to the number of boards? Does it cost more for each sub-forum?

Quote from: Lucifero on Jun 27, 2016, 07:49:13 AM
but the final decision is up to Corporal Hicks

I'm sure he'll make the right decision. Once the forum does get made, though, it's only right to move the old threads there so they don't succumb to burial. I don't think anyone would complain; they belong in a forum made specifically for them. Here are all the threads pertinent only to AvP99, Gold Edition, and Classic 2000 to move to the sub-forum.

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4
Thread 5
Thread 6
Thread 7
Thread 8
Thread 9
Thread 10
Thread 11
Thread 12
Thread 13
Thread 14
Thread 15
Thread 16
Thread 17
Thread 18
Thread 19
Thread 20
Thread 21
Thread 22
Thread 23
Thread 24
Thread 25
Thread 26
Thread 27
Thread 28
Thread 29
Thread 30
Thread 31
Thread 32
Thread 33
Thread 34
Thread 35
Thread 36
Thread 37
Thread 38
Thread 39
Thread 40
Thread 41
Thread 42
Thread 43
Thread 44
Thread 45
Thread 46
Thread 47
Thread 48
Thread 49
Thread 50
Thread 51
Thread 52
Thread 53
Thread 54
Thread 55
Thread 56
Thread 57
Thread 58
Thread 59
Thread 60
Thread 61
Thread 62
Thread 63
Thread 64
Thread 65
Thread 66
Thread 67
Thread 68
Thread 69
Thread 70
Thread 71
Thread 72
Thread 73
Thread 74
Thread 75
Thread 76
Thread 77
Thread 78
Thread 79
Thread 80
Thread 81
Thread 82
Thread 83
Thread 84
Thread 85
Thread 86
Thread 87
Thread 88
Thread 89
Thread 90
Thread 91
Thread 92
Thread 93
Thread 94
Thread 95
Thread 96
Thread 97
Thread 98
Thread 99
Thread 100
Thread 101
Thread 102
Thread 103
Thread 104
Thread 105

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 25, 2016, 10:33:05 AM
If...there's more threads related to it, I wouldn't be against giving it its own subforum.
Is over 100 enough?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed