Should Marijuana be legalized?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 15, 2016, 07:39:07 AM

Should Marijuana be legalized?

Only for medical patients with a prescription
No, It's illegal and should stay that way
Yes, for everyone both Medicinally and Recreationally
Author
Should Marijuana be legalized? (Read 9,891 times)

LastSurvivor92

Personally being a smoker myself I would like to see Marijuana legalized nation-wide and or internationally as well. Imagine how many more happy people we'd have on the planet :laugh:

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I'm totally fine with legalized marijuana... just don't smoke that shit anywhere near me.

However you do understand that employers would still have the right to refuse employment to marijuana smokers right? So it's only legal if you are retired or jobless. Essentially enforcement will transfer from law enforcement to workplace enforcement. I think this is a good thing.

Oh and only for those 26 years of age and over. Yea, age 26 is my thing for these sort of issues.

Corporal Hicks

I don't smoke myself but I'm surprised it hasn't been legalized and taxed yet. I imagine the governments of the world could make a shit tonne of cash off weed.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2016, 09:34:30 AM
I don't smoke myself but I'm surprised it hasn't been legalized and taxed yet. I imagine the governments of the world could make a shit tonne of cash off weed.
Taxes will never make up for the loss of economic productivity. No matter how much they charge. The same way gambling taxes never work, cig taxes never work, alcohol taxes... on and on. Those taxes are just to off set the cost to society. Albeit weed is a better choice than the other two. :P Hopefully we'll save money on prisons and law enforcement. However I doubt it.

Whiskeybrewer

I think it definitely should be. Im surprised the Government havent done this already

Valaquen

Valaquen

Yep, but don't expect it in the UK with the Tories in power. In the USA it's a matter of time, and then Westminster will probably follow like the loyal dogs they are. The war on drugs has been a catastrophic folly. Hopefully we'll see some common sense laws soon. Grass will probably be the 'trial' drug that gets legalised first of all.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 15, 2016, 09:34:30 AM

Yup, that's what i'll do.

Make it LEGAL but tax it A LOT, at the end of the day, it's just a silly green plant that makes you high lol.

Govt need to know this and make it legal and tax it so high.

broughtpain

The whole reason for marijuana being illegal is big spending. The enforcement of laws is used to justify funding well beyond the actual effect. Then there's the revenue generated by something common being illegal.

People in the US need to realize it's actually a treaty that's used for keeping drugs illegal. If more Americans actually understood how they lose freedom and the various means by which they've lost it, more problems could be solved than simply the tyranny called "the war on drugs"(which is nothing more than a war against the American people executed by their own government). 

Topazora

Topazora

idealistically, would rather it be legal for medicinal reasons and then we can tax it.  Realistically, people are still going to buy off the black market for recreational use- and tax free.  But would rather law-biding citizens grow and sell weed rather than drug dealers.  Just legalize it, that way the police can focus on actual criminals rather than pot heads.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

There are still alot of questions about the effects of weed on mental health. The needs to be a conclusive report before a decision is made.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

There is one truth when it comes to taxing controlled substances. The revenue generated never overcomes the loss of productivity. Pick your poison and you might notice that taxes never cover incurred loses. They're merely there to stem the bleeding.

However it is expensive as f**k to enforce marijuana laws. Which are highly likely antiquated.

THE CITY HUNTER

Medically only.A tricky question if not legalized then drug dealers gain ground.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I smoke the stuff a lot. It helps me with my anxiety probs & helps me sleep as I deal with major insomnia from working graveyards for almost 10 years. I'm not really for legalizing honestly but would just rather it decriminalize. I don't dig the idea of being able to go into a store & buy the stuff & for a higher price than I already pay. I like supporting the guy I go to as he's just doing it as a side thing to make extra cash for his family. That I can get behind but giving the government more money than I already do, nah I'm good on that haha

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Every once in a while I enjoy having a blunt or perhaps hitting a bong {f**k joints, hate em}.

Not something I make a habit of, but I do believe our laws against marijuana are so backwards that it's absurd. It's asinine.

Gate

Gate

While you're at it, decriminalize drug use. There is no reason why someone needs to face jail time for smoking crack. Why do you punish someone for hurting themselves when they need special rehabilitation and care.

Go ahead and fine them, but keep on jailing the dealers. Those are the people who need to be punished.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed