Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Author
Dark Horse To Reboot Comic Series (Read 287,880 times)

Ultramorph

Yeah that's probably the truth. I wish they would at least release another cover or some more interior art.

RakaiThwei

Look at the Predator's tusks here... Notice anything about them? The lower right tusk happens to be broken. It seems as if we are invoking a little bit of the great Broken Tusk here!

Ultramorph

I had also noticed that! Not sure if it's supposed to be Broken Tusk himself, though. Giving a Predator a broken tusk or hacked-off mandible seems like default "We got a badass Predator over here!" Look at Wolf.  :laugh:

What I find interesting are his wrist blades. He has three, one long one in the middle like a Super Predator.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 06, 2014, 10:54:36 PM
I had also noticed that! Not sure if it's supposed to be Broken Tusk himself, though. Giving a Predator a broken tusk or hacked-off mandible seems like default "We got a badass Predator over here!" Look at Wolf.  :laugh:

I'm pretty sure that this isn't supposed to be Broken Tusk, but if it is.. consider me surprised but I doubt that it's supposed to be Broken Tusk. As for Wolf having a scarred face and broken mandible, that's more of a tribute and nod to the Broken Tusk character.

Ultramorph

Haha, yeah I misread your post. Definitely a nice tribute Dachande. I really hope we get some highlights from his greatest hunts.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 06, 2014, 10:54:36 PM
What I find interesting are his wrist blades. He has three, one long one in the middle like a Super Predator.

I am digging the Wolverine-esque claws there. But then again this isn't the first time we've seen them-- in the novelization of AvP: Alien vs Predator, the Cambodian Hunter had three wristblade claws instead of the usual two.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 06, 2014, 11:23:08 PM
I am digging the Wolverine-esque claws there. But then again this isn't the first time we've seen them-- in the novelization of AvP: Alien vs Predator, the Cambodian Hunter had three wristblade claws instead of the usual two.

I really do need to track down some of those Dark Horse Press Predator books from the oughties.

Since we're analyzing covers, I thought I highlight some cool, non-Amanda Ripley related, things I've observed about the Aliens #1 cover.

I've highlighted in red all the xenos. What I find really noteworthy is that they all appear to be relatively small, and most appear to have heads that end in a Deacon-like point. I'm really looking forward to this series address the realtionship between the two species, and I hope we get some cool designs like the concept art we saw a few months back.

I used the green to draw attention to some of the background architecture. I hold that this may be the big head room, with the figures cocooned over the Deacon mural.

Also a bit funny, Christopher Sebela Tweeeted "Writing an email to @PaulTobin about how much blood is in this spaceship. I like my job." a few days ago (https://twitter.com/xtop/status/440242894834642944). I'm pretty sure that's already more inter-writer collaboration than happened in the making of Xenogenesis.  :laugh:

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Paul Tobin has been tweeting some funny stuff about the writers' summit for the A/v/P/Prometheus series today. Nothing new as far as real info, but it might get a chuckle.

https://twitter.com/PaulTobin

"Seriously though, folks, we're all putting a LOT of work into the Prometheus / Predator / Aliens / AvP event, and we think you'll LOVE it."

That gives me a good bit of hope that this is being treated as a labor of love and not some cheap and easy cash grab.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I certainly hope so.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I think I see little Space Jockeys (and an ovipositor?) in the corner doodles of a picture Chris Sebela uploaded last night of writers' summit dessert. I really hope this series is as "nuts" as they're hyping it up to be.

RakaiThwei

You're certainly hyped for this, man.

Ultramorph

Once I get interested in something, I'm very persistent in tracking down info.  :D

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

New Art:

Looks good.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Those are cool, but we've seen them before on Juan Ferreyra's Twitter.

I really dig the Deacon/xeno, but unfortunately I think Ferreyra said that that is an unused concept he did.

I'm interested as to whether the guy in the second pic is Galgo, the main character in Williamson's Predator series. He said the character would be introduced in one of the earlier series, and the guy in the sketch look a s lot this Galgo concept we got a while back:

Maybe he gets that scar in the Prometheus comic.

I'm really digging the futuristic weaponry that one character is holding in the last picture you posted. Looks like there won't be any Dr. Shaw's pooh-poohing weapons on this expedition!  :D

Another cool/curious thing is whether or not the cargo bay shown in the third image is the same one we see in the page from Aliens #1 (same balcony looking thing in the background, the netting/mesh on the wall):

Maybe the Aliens series will be about the rescue team sent to find the first rescue team!  :laugh:

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Actually look at the scale, I think it's an Engineer weapon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed