Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 864,486 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Men Who Stare At Goats

An amusing if odd piece of work.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Double Dragon
Cheesy as hell and it knows it. Everyone hams it up a storm

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

The Palpatine stuff was a load of horseshit, but I mostly enjoyed the movie.

After Hours

Not gonna lie, this might be in my top five Scorsese films now. If only for the really f**ked up gags like the "dead person" signs. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Invisible Man (1933)

This is very entertaining and quite funny, and the effects hold up pretty well. Claude Rains is perfectly cast, and, those wraparound sunglasses look stylish as f**k on him. ;D

The Invisible Man Returns

Bit of a misleading title there, since it's a different invisible guy this time around. Overall, it's a pretty solid sequel, and Vincent Price carries it admirably.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Dec 31, 2019, 12:16:16 AM
The Shining

Finally for the first time in my 47 years of living I got to watch this film from start to finish properly.
A Kubrick Masterpiece.

Now for Doctor Sleep.

Doctor Sleep
Worthy sequel and actually one of the best horror films I've seen in ages. Loved how well it was interwoven with the original film even down to the finer details. Looking forward to the extended cut.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Play Misty for Me

Not a bad watch, but I could have done without the five minutes of random concert footage in the third act. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Angel Has Fallen

I'm actually a big fan of the first two in this series and their simplistic, oldschool action film aesthetic, but I wasn't so hot on this one. Tonally it was way off from the previous entries - gone is the self-aware, darkly humorous 80s feel, replaced instead by Bourne-lite grittiness that practically every action film seems to go for these days. Yawn. There was no real suspense or intrigue - for instance, it was incredibly obvious who the masterminds behind the villainous plot were going to be from the moment they appear on screen - and overall the movie just felt painfully generic and low-budget, something that really wasn't helped by how obvious it was (even to a Brit) that "America" was actually a combination of rural England and Eastern Europe.

Nick Nolte was great in it though, especially the humorous sequence where his hideout is attacked. Got a few genuine laughs out of that.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Men in Black: International
Still some fun sequences but just didnt have the heart of the 1 and 3

Double Impact
2 JCVD's for the price of one. Awesome

Warrior
Has a lot of heart and emotional impact, especially in the fight scenes

The Gentlemen
Really enjoyed this. So much fun and story wise its a return to what Ritchie used to do but with the mature visual style of Man from U.N.C.L.E.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Invisible Woman

72 minutes of pure comedy hell that not even Shemp Howard can save. I don't expect the Elizabeth Banks remake to be much better, either.

Invisible Agent

An entertaining enough B movie with an invisible man beating up Nazis. Also, it has Peter Lorre playing a conniving Japanese agent, which is both hilarious and unfortunate at the same time.

The Invisible Man's Revenge

You know you're a shit villain when you get killed by a dog. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Aviator

Leo is great and this mostly very well done, even if Howard Hughes is a complicated subject that even nearly three hours of run time can't quite encompass. I did think the ending worked quite well considering they left out the last thirty years of his life, though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Silence

This was certainly something else. Intriguing, thought provoking, and generally tough to watch.

Abbot & Costello Meet the Invisible Man

This has some decent laughs here and there, but it's definitely not the best A&C or the Invisible Man movies have to offer.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Frighteners
Underrated Peter Jackson film, when you compare it to whats around it. But i really enjoy it. Quite a diverse cast.
I'd love to see someone film and edit in a Cryptkeeper intro and outro since it was originally going to be a Tales from
the Crypt Movie

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Creature from the Black Lagoon

An all around solid monster movie. And they basically try to roofie the creature, which is fun. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 10, 2020, 03:36:06 AM
Creature from the Black Lagoon

An all around solid monster movie. And they basically try to roofie the creature, which is fun. :laugh:

The creature always reminds me of Christopher Walken for some reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed