Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 864,348 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The annual viewings of:

Red Dragon

While the book is 10X better, still a good watch. Still don't like that Edward Norton is the one who "captures" Dr. Hannibal Lector.

7.5/10

Silence Of The Lambs

Simply one of the greatest movies ever made. EVER. The entire performance of Anthony Hopkins is possibly the only perfect acting role ever filmed IMO. I never get tired of watching this film. The deleted scenes are great too, maybe one day we will get an entire uncut version. 25th anniversary of the film is this year too... Love the fact that a lot of this film was made in my area! :D

10/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Deadpool
Still as funny on DVD as it was at the Cinema

Nostromo

Nostromo

Star Trek Beyond 5/10 Not enough space for me, stuck on one planet 1960's style, zzzzz (previous two Star Treks 9/10)

Ghostbusters 3 (was dragged to theater by a girl) 5/10 Chris Hemsworth was pretty funny.

Man of Steel 9/10!! One of the best soundtracks ever in a movie and new Superman is much better than the previous

Predators - fell asleep half way through, same soundtrack as Predator lol...how original, simpleton action plot, liked the scene at the camp with the Pred tied up hanging, was well made and inside ship with Lawrence Fishburne might attempt to watch it again tonight 6.5/10 so far

Cell- with John Cusack, surprisingly good 7/10

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 01, 2016, 11:32:08 AM
Deadpool

Are the extras worth the buy? Love that film, but wondering whether to grab the Bluray or just wait for it to come on Sky in a few months.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Vertigo on Aug 01, 2016, 03:22:01 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 01, 2016, 11:32:08 AM
Deadpool

Are the extras worth the buy? Love that film, but wondering whether to grab the Bluray or just wait for it to come on Sky in a few months.

I think so yeah. I'd grab the bluray :)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Superman: The Movie

It's still one of my all time favourite Superhero movies.  Does it hold up as well as it did when I was a kid? No.  Do I still get the same excitement and the urge to throw on a red cape when I hear the theme?  YES. 

8/10

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Commando

I always enjoy it, and its a perfect example of the one man army phase they really went with in the 80's. And i still cant believe that the daughter is Alyssa Milano lol.

Shame they never did the sequel they planned

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Hollywood is probably thinking about that sequel now.

Spoiler
$$$$$$$$$$$$ :P
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ghostbusters (2016)
Its an okay film, but i did enjoy it more than i expected. Its not the trainwreck that the first trailer lead me to believe. Kate McKinnon owns this film, she is perfect and Chris Hemsworth is funny, although about 50% of his skit is in the trailer. Loved how they worked a couple of the cameos in. One annoying thing is that there are five different versions of the Ghostbusters theme in the film, including the original. The Orchestral version is by the the best of the four new ones though.

Scorpio

Scorpio

The Killing Joke

Never read the comic book but I know of it.  Great Batman story, however didn't like the stuff with Batgirl at the beginning and didn't deserve the R rating (IMO). 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Watched a few things on my vacation this week:

Krampus
Pretty fun horror comedy, with some great gags and cool monsters. I think it should have ended maybe a little earlier, though.

X-Men: Apocalypse
This was a thoroughly "okay" movie. It tries to be a sprawling, ensemble piece disaster film, and the various elements work okay by themselves, but don't really gel into a cohesive whole very well. Oscar Isaac was pretty pimp as Apocalypse, though, even if his character didn't make much sense. Like, if he's so powerful, why didn't he just do everything himself? He really didn't need three of the four horsemen. Speaking of which, they pretty much all sucked bar Magneto. Storm was okay, but Angel and Psylocke were pretty awful pointless. I never thought I'd say this, but f**king Cyclops was one of my favorite parts of the movie. :laugh:

The Alamo (2004)
This is another film that just doesn't gel. Billy Bob Thornton was excellent, but the other actors were either unconvincing or stuck with underdeveloped roles. Jason Patric seemed to be doing a bizarre Michael Rooker impersonation, and Dennis Quaid's accent sounded like he just got drunk and carried on from there. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Suicide Squad.

Now i really enjoyed this. For me it had the perfect mix of comedy and serious that BvS surely needed. I didnt actually expect how quickly the film moves, but that works to its advantage. Sure a few characters are underserved and a bit wasted (I'm looking at you Katanna and Slipknot), but otherwise i really enjoyed it. Loved the easter eggs as well. And after watching it i've figured out how they could do a Team 7 movie in this universe lol

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Star Trek Beyond.

I did enjoy this. Vastly better than Into Darkness and a cool way to celebrate the 50th anniversary. Some nice references to the original series, movies and Enterprise. Anton Yelchin gave a great performance and such a shame that we wont be seeing anymore of such a great up and comer.

To absent friends indeed

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Noah - Not a bad film quite enjoyed it.  One scene brought a sigh and tear of relief:

Spoiler
The scene where Noah is about to kill the two babies.  The thought of spending nine months on an ark knowing your children are going to die distressed me.  When he decides not to I had tears in my eye with relief.  Not embarrassed to admit it either lol.
[close]

The first film I've managed to watch fully and with a clear head for a long time so made the film more enjoyable too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Assault on Precinct 13
Halloween
The Fog

firing up all the Carpenter, prepping for his concert

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed