Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 852,104 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'd rather live in shame tbh

Kradan

Kradan

Especially given that punishment for those who lost is, you know, most likely hell

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Domino (2005)

I feel like this was a decent enough movie that Tony Scott ruined with horrible stylistic choices and painful editing. But it was also written by Richard Kelly, so maybe not. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation

I could've sworn I'd seen this because I remember the bit where Tom Cruise is swimming around in the giant underground donut, but apparently I must've turned it off after that because I didn't recall any of the rest of the movie. I dunno what it is about these recent Mission: Impossible movies because on paper I should love everything about them, but for some reason they just don't grab me. I felt exactly the same about both Ghost Protocol and Fallout when I saw them.

Mad Max

Watching Fury Road the other week made me want to revisit the originals. This one... honestly hasn't aged very well. There's some superb scenes and ideas in it, but overall it feels really uneven and you can tell it was made for about 50 bucks (Australian). Max's vengeance ride once he's gone Mad is awesome (especially the final scene of him dispatching Johnny the Boy - perhaps one of the most iconic, inventive and downright malicious villain dispatches in film history?) but getting there sometimes feels like a slog and then you're into the final few minutes of the movie. Flashes of greatness but not a patch on the sequel.

Darkness

Darkness

American Pie 1 & 2.

Absolute classics. I remember watching the first one in school.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Puss in Botts: The Last Wish
Had no business being this good and loved the change in art style for a more Spiderverse style.

The Rocketeer

Cadillac Man

Easy A

The Collector

The Collection

The Horror Network

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Mad Max 2

Not much to say, really, except it's one of the two or three best action movies ever made in my eyes. Takes everything that was good about the first, bins off the rest and then dials it all up to 11. There's no fat on it whatsoever - it's just a pure, visceral thrill ride from start to finish. Plus it's had Blade Runner-levels of influence on media since, not least of all the way it set the template for post-apocalyptic style (bondage gear, mostly).

As many times as I've seen this, I never noticed the nudie pinups all over the Gyro Captain's autogyro before :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Prince of Egypt

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Missing

This was pretty good. I guess I should watch Searching now.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Exodus: Gods and Kings

Christian Bale: radically transforms his body for roles.

Also Bale: does an ancient world period piece with a modern haircut and beard.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 12, 2023, 04:57:40 AMExodus: Gods and Kings

Christian Bale: radically transforms his body for roles.

Also Bale: does an ancient world period piece with a modern haircut and beard.

I bet he would make a great millennial Jesus for a Ridley Scott movie.

First Blood

First Blood

Extreme Prejudice

Walter Hill directed neo noir western with a solid cast behind it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 13, 2023, 08:21:53 PMExtreme Prejudice

Walter Hill directed neo noir western with a solid cast behind it.

I really like that film, I just wish the final shootout hadn't been so obviously hacked to bits by the censors.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

God's Crooked Lines

Pretty good, but it kind of drags in the final stretch and the ending kind of sucked.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Invisible Man (2020)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed