Which comic series would be YOUR ideal Alien movie?

Started by XenoZipper, Apr 01, 2016, 07:18:00 PM

Author
Which comic series would be YOUR ideal Alien movie? (Read 1,494 times)

XenoZipper

As the topic title asks, out of ALL the Dark Horse comics, which would you guys like as a movie? While it has always been my dream to see Book 1, Book 2 & Earth War done as a trilogy, I guess for a stand alone series, I would really like to see Labyrinth done. I like that story a lot for going more into the alien itself in how it works plus there's the interesting back story of the mad scientist that again shows Aliens doing things we've never seen in a movie before. How about you guys?

Whiskeybrewer

For me it would have to be either Labyrinth, Rogue or Salvation. I think they would work wonders on the screen

Corporal Hicks

Destroying Angels! I know Prometheus had some similar elements in it but I would love to see that on screen.

XenoZipper

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 02, 2016, 08:27:43 PM
Destroying Angels! I know Prometheus had some similar elements in it but I would love to see that on screen.

I'll have to read that one again it's been a while! Since before Prometheus came out was the last time I think. I do have it so I'll have to dig it out, I'm curious on the elements that were similar. Good choices though from both of you! Was hoping to see a varied list. I'm a huge fan of the comics, maybe even slightly more than I am of the movies themselves haha but not by much more. I'm definitely one of those people that takes a lot of the comic info as canon to the Universe.

dragonthingy

Definitely Aliens: Rogue, and Alien versus Predator: Eternal.

426Buddy

I think something similar to sacrifice would be cool, an small outpost has suffered for months from a single alien that they cannot kill, just leave out the baby stuff lol.

Otherwise I think maybe salvation or something like tribes/berserker would be cool to see on the big screen.

Corporal Hicks

I'd be scared of seeing anything like Berserker or Tribes on screen. The comics always exaggerated the action (its why some people think Aliens was damaging) and I'd hate to see that kind of exaggerated action up there on the silver screen. 

426Buddy

I can understand that and I would share that concern.

What i'm more thinking though is if you took out all of the bug hunt marine cliches and exo-suits then strip the story down to having a small highly trained team infiltrate a huge hive in order to retrieve something from the queens chamber (or some reason to let a person be dragged to the hive and cocooned). That I think would make a pretty intensely scary movie and they could show us more of the hive and how it works. Could be some cool idea's in there somewhere anyway.

Corporal Hicks

I'd love to see something like the baiter. I think it could make for some really interesting character moments.

426Buddy

That's really my favorite idea in those stories. Just the idea of someone with special gear letting themselves be taken into the hive and cocooned is a creepy one, so many things can go terribly wrong and there is nothing you can do lol.

Xenomrph

Labyrinth, hands down.

Destroying Angels is a close second, though.

DUB1

That fantastic mini-series titled "None of them".

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 06, 2016, 08:03:02 AM
Labyrinth, hands down.

I would be really curious to see how they'd do Labyrinth. The stuff with Church in the hive has the potential to be one of the best things seen on screen.

Xenomrph

Labyrinth would have the potential to be supremely f**ked-up in all the best ways.
Like, I could see Cronenberg or Blomkamp adapting Labyrinth and just going totally off the rails with it and blowing people's minds.

426Buddy

426Buddy

A Cronenburg Labyrinth movie would be a dream come true. Church's time  in the hive would be horrifying on screen IMO.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed