New 'What Happened?' Video Details Development Challenges of Predator: Concrete Jungle

Started by RidgeTop, Apr 14, 2024, 09:14:42 AM

Author
New 'What Happened?' Video Details Development Challenges of Predator: Concrete Jungle (Read 503 times)

RidgeTop

YouTuber Matt McMuscles, known for his ‘What Happened?’ (Wha Happun?) series chronicling troubled gaming and film projects, has just released a new video on the 2005 XBOX & PS2 title, Predator: Concrete Jungle.

Matt talked with Designers John Whiston, Kev Harrison and Tim Browne regarding development, and they shared some interesting insight into the changing structure of the game, inclusion of the Xenomorphs, and development ‘crunch’ to the finish line.

Check out the video below:

Matt has also done some other franchise gaming videos on games Aliens: Colonial Marines, Alien: Resurrection (PSX), and films The Predator & Alien 3.

Be sure to stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien gaming news! You can follow us on FacebookX, InstagramThreads, and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

BigDaddyJohn

This game was such an odd experience. So messy, so many problems... Yet so satisfying ! Playing a badass pred ripping people apart left and right, and fullfilling his quest of redemption was truly memorable.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 14, 2024, 01:14:50 PMThis game was such an odd experience. So messy, so many problems... Yet so satisfying ! Playing a badass pred ripping people apart left and right, and fullfilling his quest of redemption was truly memorable.

It's even funner with code breaker, lol. I wish I had known about code breaker back when I was playing it in 2005 and struggling.   

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though it has its shortcomings, glitches cartoony components, but I have a soft for this game, such memories, getting to play as the Predator, stalking prey, taking trophies kicking ass.

RazielKhan

I loved this game so much! wish we could get a modern sequel/reboot/remake

BISHOP 93

Love this game even with its shortfalls. It beggers belief that no one has since capitalised on an open world single player predator game.

Corporal Hicks

Agreed. It's insane to me we haven't had this yet. But the scope was there at the start of Concrete Jungle.

dinosauriac

The closest we ever got to the "open world Predator game" idea other than Concrete Jungle is honestly the Batman Akrham games, you could even string guys up in that (though not skin them, obviously)...

Looking forward to watching this, What Happen is one of my favourite series lately. Unlike a lot of YouTubers who just recycle Wikipedia articles he actually does a fair bit of research for many of these. His video on Turok Evolution was incredible.

BigDaddyJohn

Oh yeah, roaming free, choosing hunting grounds and preys as we wish, I would definitely buy a game like that.

BlueMarsalis79

It's expensive, that's one major reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed