Ninth Circle Editions

Started by GrimmVision, Apr 03, 2024, 02:19:43 AM

Author
Ninth Circle Editions (Read 709 times)

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

Hi all! Long time, no talk! I previously went by CoalescedChaos here on the forum and I am the author of the Chaos Edition fan edits for the Alien Saga Prequels.

I know it's been quite some time since there's been any communication on my end and I apologize for that. However, I'm excited to announce that the Alien renaissance we're experiencing has reinvigorated my motivation and I'd like to restart my updated Ninth Circle Editions. I hope to have them out in August to celebrate Romulus' theatrical release.

Both edits will still be Blu-Ray quality with full surround sound. Both will again have over 30 minutes of deleted/alternate scenes and bonus footage seamlessly added back in, but this time around I'll also be looking into adding closed captions for those who are hearing impaired. I plan to have the files available as easier-to-manage-and-download torrents rather than files located on MEGA or Google Drive.

Have any questions or suggestions as I get back into the editing process? Post them below!

Thank you all very much for your long-standing support and excitement for my fan edits.

Stitch

Stitch

That is fantastic. Really looking forward to seeing them. Have you thought about 4K with upscaled deleted scenes?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Agent 9 Special Edition of Prometheus I thought pretty much perfect, even making Fifield and Milburn getting lost make some sense, if you can do that without the f**ked up audio. All golden.

As for Alien Covenant deleted scenes:
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 03, 2024, 09:10:20 AMThe Crossing's the only one that adds anything of substance and even that gives away a lot if it is at the beginning of the film, the rest's at best totally perfunctory, at worst actively shitty like The Last Supper.

You can perhaps try playing with the editing slightly to give certain things a greater sense of realism but most of the flaws are simply baked into the fabric of the film.

RidleysCot

RidleysCot

Awesome, I can't wait to see the Prometheus Ninth Circle Edition!

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 03, 2024, 11:19:56 PMThe Agent 9 Special Edition of Prometheus I thought pretty much perfect, even making Fifield and Milburn getting lost make some sense, if you can do that without the f**ked up audio. All golden.

As for Alien Covenant deleted scenes:
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 03, 2024, 09:10:20 AMThe Crossing's the only one that adds anything of substance and even that gives away a lot if it is at the beginning of the film, the rest's at best totally perfunctory, at worst actively shitty like The Last Supper.

You can perhaps try playing with the editing slightly to give certain things a greater sense of realism but most of the flaws are simply baked into the fabric of the film.
I'm curious, how did they do to make Millburn and Fifield getting lost have more sense? In the original Spaihts script when it was full Alien prequel it makes sense how they get lost, but in Prometheus has no sense

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

By removing references to Fifield having the map, and having Milburn meet our first ever alien in that deleted scene.

Might be more to the cuts, been a while since I watched it honestly, but I remember it making the whole thing with them more believable and overall just improving the film. Some audio mixing aside.

Kudzu

Kudzu

Your cuts made me love the prequels. Looking forward to this.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

I rewatched the parts of the Agent 9 cut involving Fifield and Milburn getting lost. It's two lines of dialogue that got cut where Milburn says "We've been here before Fifield." and Fifield responds "I don't know, it all looks the same to me."

They also removed Fifield's howl after releasing the pups which I thought was unwarranted given it robs him of a personality/character moment.

I'll take into consideration removing those lines from my cut, but I'm not convinced they're that big of a dealbreaker that they need to be cut. The map that the pups create are for the Prometheus' mapping systems. Does the ground crew have access to the maps being created? I know they have little screens inside their helmets but I figure those are for their suit statistics, like oxygen, and their personal vitals.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"The pups are saying... this way."

So we get an indication that they do.

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

I'll go through those scenes more and refine them a bit, then. Thanks, Blue!

I think with these new editions, I'm gonna focus more on refining the Chaos Editions in general. I love that I included everything in the Chaos Editions as a kind of proof of concept, but they can be a bit of a slog to get through. Especially the beginnings cause it feels like there's seven "false starts" in both films.

Prometheus is definitely harder to figure out than Covenant. The extras and deleted scenes in Covenant are already pretty polished and they feel better reinserted back into the film with almost little to no work.

I plan to move The Crossing viral to fit exactly before the flashback of David dropping the Pathogen on Paradise rather than keeping it at the beginning of the film. Keeping the mystery around Shaw and why she isn't present alive.

I'm axing The Last Supper completely because it's edited poorly.

Phobos, while I love it, is too long.

These edits mean that the crew messages back to Earth are no longer a thing because having them play before we open on Walter tending to the ship doesn't feel good anymore.

I may also remove the original shot of the Neomorph making its way to the city and up the barrier wall as well as the deleted scene of it stalking the halls to find Rosenthal. I think it'd be scarier if it just shows up? But then we might also ask where it came from. Hmmmm 🤔

I'm axing the deleted scene where the Lope throws a flare into the city center sub level docking port. Aaron (Corporal Hicks) made a comment years back saying it doesn't make sense to have it in because David's been stuck on the Planet for years without access to a working ship.

I may try to add the creation of Walter to Covenant's opening, a bit like how Evanus did. Not sure yet.

With Prometheus, I'm removing the Elders walking the Sacrificial Engineer to the waterfall's edge. Their saucer ship takes off far too fast and it feels like they just get left behind.

Weyland's TED Talk is likely staying at the beginning but I'm unsure of The Quiet Eye viral. I may try to fit it in elsewhere. Maybe when Shaw is in front of the mirror in her room post-op and finding out Weyland is still alive. There's two distinct already-in-the-films cuts I could squeeze it into!

Anything I don't use will just end up at the end of the movies as post credits stuff. Bonuses that just won't work in the films themselves but are easy for you guys to access and enjoy because they're built into these movie files.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: GrimmVision on Apr 27, 2024, 02:00:57 PMI may also remove the original shot of the Neomorph making its way to the city and up the barrier wall as well as the deleted scene of it stalking the halls to find Rosenthal. I think it'd be scarier if it just shows up? But then we might also ask where it came from. Hmmmm 🤔

It's just got there. The end. We don't really need to see how

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed