Would you like to see Dark Horse make a Terminator vs Predator comic?

Started by Space Disc Jockey, Nov 02, 2007, 09:51:52 PM

Author
Would you like to see Dark Horse make a Terminator vs Predator comic? (Read 2,269 times)

Space Disc Jockey

Just wondering if you think it would be cool if Dark Horse made a Terminator vs Predator comic or novel.

I saw the animated GIF of the Terminator being viewed with the Predator vision and I wondered why this idea has never been tried before (excluding the AVPVT comic that was released a while back).

The Necronoir

If it consisted of the predators dropping in on the Terminator timeline, sure. I like the concept of AvPvT, but the end result was bitterly disappointing. Having a PvT story told from the resistance perspective could be great. It could start with a squad coming across a terminator stronghold which has been inexplicably wiped out. Skynet would most likely be very interested in getting its cybernetic hands on predator technology too...

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: The Necronoir on Nov 02, 2007, 11:03:32 PM
If it consisted of the predators dropping in on the Terminator timeline, sure. I like the concept of AvPvT, but the end result was bitterly disappointing. Having a PvT story told from the resistance perspective could be great. It could start with a squad coming across a terminator stronghold which has been inexplicably wiped out. Skynet would most likely be very interested in getting its cybernetic hands on predator technology too...

It would kinda make sense for Predators to fight Skynet becouse 83% of the human population has been whiped out. They deffinetley wouldnt hunt the resistance, but there would probobly be some accidental fear-generated skirmishes at first. Then there would most likely be a Tech-Comm/Predator alliance. A small army of Predators would have to be involved becouse ALOT of them would be killed. Man, that be cool as f**k. Nothin obscure about it. We get Aliens vs Predator vs Batman and Superman, but not this??

DJDojo

Quote from: Horhey on Nov 05, 2007, 05:10:45 PM
It would kinda make sense for Predators to fight Skynet becouse 83% of the human population has been whiped out. They deffinetley wouldnt hunt the resistance, but there would probobly be some accidental fear-generated skirmishes at first. Then there would most likely be a Tech-Comm/Predator alliance. A small army of Predators would have to be involved becouse ALOT of them would be killed. Man, that be cool as f**k. Nothin obscure about it. We get Aliens vs Predator vs Batman and Superman, but not this??

Or you could have Aliens vs. Predator vs. Justice League vs.....jk  ;D

But seriously, a Terminator vs. Predator comic would be awesome. I just wonder how the Predators would feel when they realized that Arrnold was just a robot inside...

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: DJDojo on Nov 10, 2007, 07:55:52 PM
Quote from: Horhey on Nov 05, 2007, 05:10:45 PM

Or you could have Aliens vs. Predator vs. Justice League vs.....jk  ;D

But seriously, a Terminator vs. Predator comic would be awesome. I just wonder how the Predators would feel when they realized that Arrnold was just a robot inside...

lol Yea, I guess that might cause a paradox that would destroy the universe and the whole space time continuem or whatever.. :P

Wolfs Girl

I'd definitely like to see them do this.
At last finally something worth going up against the Predator besides puny humans.
Arnold only won because he was lucky the Predator didn't click to his trap.
At last a real fight for the Predators

Space Disc Jockey

Well, after the lack of responses I got with my Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator story...I have decided to write a new Terminator vs. Predator story ONLY. It will be ALL new and I promise that no one will be disappointed  :-X

Horhey

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 17, 2007, 06:56:05 AM
Well, after the lack of responses I got with my Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator story...I have decided to write a new Terminator vs. Predator story ONLY. It will be ALL new and I promise that no one will be disappointed  :-X

You can easily put Predators anywhere at anytime. You cant do that with Aliens.

Wolfs Girl

Quote from: Horhey on Nov 17, 2007, 04:57:12 PM
Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 17, 2007, 06:56:05 AM

You can easily put Predators anywhere at anytime. You cant do that with Aliens.
Why not?

Kriszilla

he lacks the vision, and the brain cells to realise that predators have used aliens for sport, so they may have their eggs or a queen on board.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Kriszilla on Nov 23, 2007, 06:24:25 PM
he lacks the vision, and the brain cells to realise that predators have used aliens for sport, so they may have their eggs or a queen on board.
I don't think it's because of that, and I agree with him. It's difficult to put the aliens into an existing continuity simply because they are, by nature, difficult to contain. The issue has come up with both AVP movies:- if there are aliens on earth in the present day how is it that we weren't all wiped out before the Alien movies ever occurred. Pretty much the only feasible solution is to have a mass wipeout like in AVP and most likely AVP2, and that gets old pretty quickly.

The predators, on the other hand, are easy to drop into any setting because they are primarily concerned with staying out of the limelight, and always end up leaving with minimal disturbance.

Firetnk

There is a comic ALIENS VS PREDATOR VS TERMINATER. Go on wikipedia and type it in. Not much info is there, but Ripley is in the story.

The Necronoir

We're all aware of that fact, and it was a pretty lousy comic series at that. We're discussing the potential for a new PvT only series here.

Commander Aun

Quote from: The Necronoir on Jan 10, 2008, 05:54:48 AM
We're all aware of that fact, and it was a pretty lousy comic series at that. We're discussing the potential for a new PvT only series here.

Yeah, I think I have an AVPVT idea actually. I know you may not like it. Have been thinking about it for sometime now.

severen76

Quote from: Khan on Jan 10, 2008, 07:19:27 PM
Quote from: The Necronoir on Jan 10, 2008, 05:54:48 AM

Yeah, I think I have an AVPVT idea actually. I know you may not like it. Have been thinking about it for sometime now.

As long as its better than the comics I'm listening  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed