Aliens by Alan Dean Foster question

Started by Palmetto, Feb 04, 2008, 01:10:29 PM

Author
Aliens by Alan Dean Foster question (Read 2,250 times)

Palmetto

I have not read this novel so I have a question. I've seen the Aliens Special Edition that has 17 minutes of additional footage in the film. Does the Aliens novel by Alan Dean Foster include them in the book?

stephen

yes

SM

SM

For about 5 years it was about the only place you could find out about all these extra scenes.

In fact it has more material than the stuff included in the SE (Bishop nearly attacked in the pipe; Burke in the hive).

Corporal Hicks

Was there a shower involved to? Also was void of any swears.

SM

SM

Shower?

stephen

Yes there was a shower scene when ripley and the marines all wake up from hypersleep.

SM

SM

Oh okay.  Yep I remember now.

That's when Ripley first notices that Bishop is a droid.  Also Bishop isn't in hypersleep - he's awake the whole way to LV-426 essentially piloting the Sulaco.

Palmetto

Awesome! Thanks for the replies ya'll!

Palmetto

Another question. Does the novel provide a discription and details on what the colonial marines uniforms/weapons look like?

stephen

Think so

SM

SM

Not from memory.  At least not overly detailed.

You'd be better off going through the DVD extras, or Google 'Harry Harris Aliens'.

Scopedog

Hope this isn't spoiler, but be warned:

I seem to remember a change to the scene before Bishop goes in the pipe.  Instead of "I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid." he says "On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."  I always thought that was hilarious.

SM

SM

The thinks the Philadelphia thing, he doesn't say it out loud.

Palmetto

Palmetto

Thank you very much for your time and replies ya'll. I just ordered a copy of Aliens by Alan Dean Foster from amazon.com

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed